McCloud, Tenuta, Tanner Owen, Kingsley Jonathan claimed off waivers

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills claimed no one 

Joe Schoen claimed former Bills draft pick Jack Anderson 

Nick McCloud was the last guy cut and the team was obviously making a hard choice between him and Cam Lewis, so it's not surprising to me he got snapped up by the Giants.  It's good news for McCloud because he's now guaranteed at least 3 weeks NFL minimum.

I thought Luke Tenuta and Tanner Owen did NOT look good (especially Tenuta) and it surprises me that a team with a historically solid OL like Indy claimed him.  They must see something we don't and expect to be able to develop him.

Kingsley Jonathan is not the DLman I expected to see picked up.

I guess waiver claims of rookies and UDFA must be heavily influenced by the team's draft e v a l and not the limited film that comes out in pre-season.

Notable to me that several former Bills now playing elsewhere were claimed off waivers:  Jack Anderson (Giants), Bam Johnson (Seattle), Rachad Wildgoose (Commanders). 

I think it speaks well of the Bills talent evaluation.

However, we note fan favorites Blackshear and Hodgins were NOT claimed and are free to sign to the Bills PS if they want them.   

Brandin Bryant and Duke Johnson are also still available for the PS as of right now.

Edited by Beck Water

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dam…. I wanted Mccloud back.  

Daboll knows him so no surprise the Giants hopped on. Most of these other guys get claimed unless they were scouted heavily and the team that wanted them missed in the draft. Otherwise, it's hit or miss and no one knows enough about them to make a claim.

I was hoping we could keep McCloud on our practice squad due to our lack of depth at the position.

Tenuta and Owen are developmental guys with no ability to play this year 

Kingsley Jonathan stood out on a number of pass-rushing reps and was the only one of the UDFA d-lineman who looked like an NFL caliber player.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Forlorn hope said:

Not shocked by tenuta at all. He got better with each preseason game and flashed nice in pass pro

If Tenuta was getting better, (I did not watch him so much in the first two games, and did not see the 3rd game) why did we cut him over Doyle who I have seen nothing from him that leads me to believe he has any business playing O line in the NFL?

32 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

They do have a decent amount of talent. Just lacking the star power towards the top of that roster 

True.

Here hoping the BYU QB that looks like he is 12 and was banging his mom's friend never lives up to his draft status.  I recall that blowhard Mike Greenberg raving about Zach Wilson after his first pre-season game.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Further evidence re: State of OL play in the NFL

For all the hand wringing here, at least we're not in a position to where we need to claim Luke Tenuta or Tanner Owen. 

I follow the Tech players a little since a few friends went to VT.  Didn't really get the Tenuta pick.  Tommy Doyle had very high athleticism marks so you felt he had the ability to become a good player.  Tenuta really only had size by my understanding.

The fact that the Jets had 7 players claimed shows how overblown late round picks and back end roster guys are.

Sure there's always going to be a few guys that end up going to be decent players on another team, or in very rare cases probowl caliber, but every year fans make too big of a deal about cutting guys they think should have been kept.

32 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

7 Jets claimed, they must be loaded🤣

I see the Jets as being kind of where the Bills were under Nix/Whaley:

Inconsistent in their choice of the top-round picks and lacking the star players to bring a winning record, but having a real eye for talent from the late-round picks and UDFA who duke it out for roster spots.

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.