McCloud, Tenuta, Tanner Owen, Kingsley Jonathan claimed off waivers

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Cash said:

I'm pretty much nitpicking, to be honest.  My understanding is that hypothetically, the Browns could offer a contract to Raheem Blackshear or whomever, and Blackshear could technically turn it down and opt to stay on the Bills' practice squad.  Now, this is an insane scenario, because Blackshear's agent would calmly explain to him just how dumb that would be, and also would leverage that offer to the Bills.  So in reality, you'd either see the Bills sign Blackshear to the 53 to keep him, or the Bills would let him walk and Blackshear would sign with the Browns.  Especially since PS poachers have to keep the player on their 53-man roster for I think 3 weeks.  No one is going to turn down 3 game checks when the alternative is 3 PS checks.

Yea that is what I was trying to say. If the Browns come in for Blackshear (as in your example) the Bills can just promote him to their active roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, First Round Bust said:

Who gets cut when we add:

1. Punter - this week or next ?

2. Tre - one month from now ?  

3. Ike B - either one month or season-ending IR are the choices with that achiilles 

GR radio says Bills have singed to PS (so far) :  Love (DE) Bryant (DT) Blackshear (RB)

1. Marquez Stevenson (or maybe Baylon Spector)

2. Cam Lewis

3. Bobby Hart or Greg Van Roten

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

If Tenuta was getting better, (I did not watch him so much in the first two games, and did not see the 3rd game) why did we cut him over Doyle who I have seen nothing from him that leads me to believe he has any business playing O line in the NFL?

Tenuta tested horrible athletically........4.93 RAS.

Doyle tested a 9.9 RAS.

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Kingsley Jonathan is not the DLman I expected to see picked up.

Based on the tape of Game 1, that's not a surprise at all. He was wrecking the left tackle. Twitchy and bendy, there's something to be worked with there. Was hoping his being nicked up games 2 & 3 would lead to him on the practice squad but game 1 was just too impressive I guess.

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

1. Marquez Stevenson (or maybe Baylon Spector)

2. Cam Lewis

3. Bobby Hart or Greg Van Roten

1.  Stevenson goes to IR.  Punter takes his spot.  

2.  Lewis stays at least until Tre is back.  Then another player is dropped. 

3.  Hart and/or Van Roten stay until Mancz is healthy and the coaches decide to promote him.  

Edited by Bob in STL

2 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Tenuta? Yeesh. What an awful pick.

Agreed. I said it the moment he was picked. Not that I was particularly clever in doing so, but...the word was that he had an awkward build, short arms, and marginal feet for the position. His calling card seemed to be...that he was huge, I guess?

Some other names that were still available when Tenuta was picked: OG Lecitus Smith, OG Chris Paul, OG Marquis Hayes, RB Isiah Pacheco, WR Samari Toure.

Granted, none of the above names are necessarily going to amount to anything either. I just wish the Bills had chosen a position of greater need or likelihood of late round success. A sixth round guard or running back is more likely to stick on a roster than a sixth round tackle, for instance.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.