Tyrod hurt again

Old Man

29 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Just a dumb "process" question have seen this a few times in various threads.

Old Man started the thread and posted: "Carted off the field,  that guy is cursed"

2nd post/reply is by you Promo responding to K-9, "He has to want to sign"  but there isn't a post above this from K-9.

How can that be??  How are you replying to a post that isn't here??

image.thumb.png.78bd08575bd5ec4ea33c9271561698d1.png

K-9's post was originally below Promo's reply. Now it has seemingly disappeared.

5 hours ago, K-9 said:

I think he is destined for the PS. If the Giants claim him off the PS then don’t the Bills have to sign him to the 53 or lose him or does that rule not apply to vested vets?  I’m inclined to believe the Bills don’t wanna carry three QBs on the 53. 

Agree entirely that Barkley would wanna have more fun on a SB contender. 

He could choose to stay on the practice squad (not subject to waivers) but the difference in pay between practice squad and active roster is at least $600k

Maybe that's not worth it to him, but the chance to actually play in games as the primary backup could be worth making a change.

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

PS players are free agents.  If another team offers to sign any player, vested or not, the player has the choice to sign, or to say "no thanks, I'm Good here."

Of course, there's enough of a pay raise that for a young player the motivation to take it is strong.

This is true, but non-vested players (I think less than 4 years) do go through waivers before being able to be signed to the practice squad.  Barkley is not subject to this though as a vested veteran.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

No everyone does not like him.  A number of posters have taken cheap shots at him even when a Bills QB.

What Bills QB has not taken cheap shots from the fans? That's the nature of the position.

10 hours ago, WMDman said:

Im probably in the minority but I still like Tyrod

hope he is okay

Don’t get the Tyrod hate. Never did. He was a key piece in breaking the drought. Sure he sucked in the playoffs, but he got us there which I think helped break the Bills loser mentality and also contributed to getting Josh Allen on some Butterfly Effect ****

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Don’t get the Tyrod hate. Never did. He was a key piece in breaking the drought. Sure he sucked in the playoffs, but he got us there which I think helped break the Bills loser mentality and also contributed to getting Josh Allen on some Butterfly Effect ****

He was not a key piece in breaking the drought.  And his "performance" in the playoffs proved that.  He was horrible and the Bills won games despite him; not because of him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Gugny said:

He was not a key piece in breaking the drought.  And his "performance" in the playoffs proved that.  He was horrible and the Bills won games despite him; not because of him.

The starting QB was not a key piece? You lost me, pal. He got it to the playmakers, took care of the ball, and was one of the better dual threat guys in the league. Obviously, he was not the whole offense like Josh, but he was just as important as anybody else on that offense other than Shady. I’m sure McDermott would say the same thing. 

9 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The starting QB was not a key piece? You lost me, pal. He got it to the playmakers, took care of the ball, and was one of the better dual threat guys in the league. Obviously, he was not the whole offense like Josh, but he was just as important as anybody else on that offense other than Shady. I’m sure McDermott would say the same thing. 

No.  The defense played out of their minds with turnovers  and they got a TON of help from other teams, even before Cincinnati ended the drought for us.  Tyrod Taylor ended the drought like Trent Dilfer won the Super Bowl for the Ravens.  He sucked.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

No.  The defense played out of their minds with turnovers  and they got a TON of help from other teams, even before Cincinnati ended the drought for us.  Tyrod Taylor ended the drought like Trent Dilfer won the Super Bowl for the Ravens.  He sucked.

What is this myth that Cincinatti ended the drought for us? Any AFC game in week 4 had just as much of an effect as the Bal/Cinci one. It was just more dramatic because it happened on Week 17. The bottom line is Buffalo handled business, beat Miami, and won the correct amount of games. As far as the Tyrod thing? We will agree to disagree. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Lol “help me understand the TT hate”

Nate Peterman had a better TD%. Yes, THAT Nate Peterman.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

Lol “help me understand the TT hate”

Nate Peterman had a better TD%. Yes, THAT Nate Peterman.

😂 Tyrod Taylor has way more passing attempts than Peterman. If we’re going by your logic, then Marcus Allen (who has a 6:1 TD/INT ratio) is a better QB than both of them. If you think Peterman holds a candle to Tyrod then you’re trippin. 

5 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

😂 Tyrod Taylor has way more passing attempts than Peterman. If we’re going by your logic, then Marcus Allen (who has a 6:1 TD/INT ratio) is a better QB than both of them. If you think Peterman holds a candle to Tyrod then you’re trippin. 

How many games did Marcus Allen start at QB for the 2017 Bills lol.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

He sucked, give it up.

19 hours ago, syhuang said:

Curious if he was flagged for slamming or anything here? Don't think he should've just looking for even a small indication of how things might get called this year

18 hours ago, Gugny said:

A few of you may know how I feel about Tyrod Taylor. 

One thing I’ll give the guy is that he’s not a quitter. 

I feel bad for him today and I hope his injury isn’t serious. 

I’ll be happy if/when the NFL does away with preseason games. 

I think teams get much more out of joint practices where coaches can be more involves, coordinate more situational ball. That said the Aaron Donald stuff proli scares some coaches outta this kinda thing, and is the reason I'd like to see Donald miss a game even if not against us.

Would like to see these catch on, but owners proli aren't ready to give up 1-2 games a year 🙄

18 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

I guess I’m not sure what the rule is, because it’s never consistently called, but it sure looks like he launched and landed with his body weight on to Taylor’s shoulder maybe I’m wrong because his legs were off to the side but sure seemed like all the pressure was put on Taylor by his upper body.

I think the rule needs to be called different with mobile qbs, cause what's a DL supposed to do on the move here? Concede loss? Tough to ask the refs to do

17 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

My take too. Doesn't look like he tries to drive him into the ground. Just a hard hit.

I have no idea why the NFLPA doesn't force the NFL owner's hand and ban preseason games. They are worthless.  2020 football without preseason was perfectly fine.  

You really think Allen and the starters playing 10 plays will make any difference in quality of play?  They played pre-season games last year and they stunk against Pittsburgh.  Bills best season in terms of offense was 2020. No preseason.  It's not needed. They can figure out the roster bottom feeders in practice.  With a larger PS it is even less important.  They see these guys in practice enough.  

Could it be that in 2020 we benefitted from OTHER teams being less organized/ buttoned-up due to there being no pre-season?  There is so much that goes into putting a good product on the field (which I think is the main goal), I don't think we can totally discount the importance of pre-season.

32 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Are we doing this again?  This is a thread about Tyrod's injury.  There are a million threads debating Tyrod's performance, including a very recent one.  Please stay on-topic.

You don’t know us very well, do you?

Tuhrod sucks.

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Carted off?  The link said he jogged off.

He jogged, then was carted.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/28/2022 at 12:51 PM, Old Man said:

Carted off the field,  that guy is cursed 

The guy must be snake bit he's such a good guy i hate to see this kind of thing happen to him i hope he can come back & have something go his way . He did stay healthy while he was here for the most part .

Could this be part of the Bills curse that followed him because he helped to break the losing streak 🤔?

48 minutes ago, T master said:

The guy must be snake bit he's such a good guy i hate to see this kind of thing happen to him i hope he can come back & have something go his way . He did stay healthy while he was here for the most part .

Could this be part of the Bills curse that followed him because he helped to break the losing streak 🤔?

He's still getting signed by teams and they are paying.  Things are going very well for him.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.