McDermott/Beane press conference 8/27: Matt Araiza released

YoloinOhio

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

These reporters have their jizz socks right next to their laptops, I'm convinced.  They get off on this *****.

Reporters are just wanna be celebrites. The media in America today is basically nothing but losers looking for clicks and views with no regard for people they cover. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

True to a certain degree.

But It is a little strange the bills knew about about this in late July apparently, but still went with him over Haack.

That is the strange part to me. 

the only plausible explanation is that Haack is terrible and there was no chance he was getting the job— which is quite plausible! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Beane is the man, what a stud GM. :worthy:

I can understand McD face of the franchise and all, but in this situation, gotta give Beane the mic.

As for Punt God, I said I would support him as long as he was a Bill… but now that he’s gone, this story is irrelevant to me, all I care about is the Bills. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm proud of them for doing the right thing. It wasn't perfect or pretty. They definitely could have handled this better, investigated more sooner & kept Hack instead. They are not perfect. But at the end of the day they did the right thing & sat there & answered tough questions straightforwardly. That is character & I'll take that any day. (Cleveland should take notes)

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

While I believe the accuser it is important to note that some times the accuser is not being truthful (see: Patrick Kane) and that everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

I think Kane did it. Proving it is a whole different ball game. Couldn't you use the same argument for Watson? He hasn't been criminally charged with anything. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, mannc said:

That's true...but at this point, nothing has been proven and in fact he hasn't really even had a chance to respond.  So at this point, you could easily argue that it's unfair to him.

It would be unfair to the entire team having to field questions about this for an entire season. It would also be unfair to the fanbase having to hear about this after every game as well.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

How do you know it is unfair?  Losing his job may just be the start. He might be in jail if he led that girl to get gang raped.  

This concept of innocent until proven guilty.

if you want toget rid of a coworker because you two appear to be the leaders fir a promotion…have someone make a claim against him then he gets removed and you win.  It does not matter if it’s actually true.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

These reporters have their jizz socks right next to their laptops, I'm convinced.  They get off on this *****.

Which is 1000% why Araiza had to be released. This would have hung over the team and dominated every single press conference all season. The Bills did what they had to do today. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.