McDermott/Beane press conference 8/27: Matt Araiza released

YoloinOhio

41 minutes ago, Mij yllek said:

so much for innocent until proven guilty

Is he on his way to prison? NO! He is still presumed innocent legally.
Ā 

But this team has no need for this kind of distraction. Ā And I suspect he was not as forthcoming with the Bills as he should have been. That is a breach of trust that this team must move on from. Ā 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

The team investigated this. They are not basing it off of the accusation alone. But they are not burdened with the requirement of ā€œbeyond a reasonable doubtā€. Ā If they think there is even a chance that it is true, they are smart to move on. Ā 

Ā 

The team apparently let him go because he was dishonest with them.Ā  Many employers will do that.Ā 

Like the one down by Texans' QB (After the civil lawsuit was filed he was suspended by commissioner).

Edited by Limeaid
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Ā 

On the flipside, the Browns fully knew of the allegations against Watson, & still decided to trade a massive amount of capital & award him a record breaking contract.

Ā 

The Bills on the other hand, either didn't know at all or knew very little, and only used a 6th round pick on him.

100 percent.

Ā 

Like I said, I'm not saying what the browns did was right.

Ā 

Just very different circumstances all around

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

It may have as much to do with all of the other factors as much as the facts or lack thereof. Ā 
Ā 

Best for the team. Ā And if itā€™s proven he is innocent then he can rebuild and move on. Itā€™s not exactly like he was just a stranger caught up in something based on the initial evidence. Ā He was in the situation to a degree.Ā 

I have to guess as well he wasnā€™t forthcoming with the Bills about it at all. That likely drove this decision more than anything.Ā 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

30 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Bully for Tim.Ā  Ā But why do we need TG if we can listen to Beane and McD and form our own opinions rather than have him filter it for us?

Ā 

Bingo. Boom. Winner.Ā 

Ā 

We don't need them. They're middlemen. Desperate for self importance.Ā 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

I'm just wondering why didn't he pay a settlement and have her sign an NDA to make it go away? Why did he take the phone call from her after the fact?

Ā 

If he was guilty, wouldn't he pay to get her under NDA and not take a phone call from her? Anyone wonder if the Bills legal dept was pushing for an NDA and he said I'm not guilty and not paying for something I didn't do?Ā 

Well, he might just be stupid

Ā 

Or he let Ā ā€œPunt Godā€ get to his head a bitĀ 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBob said:

Is he on his way to prison? NO! He is still presumed innocent legally.
Ā 

But this team has no need for this kind of distraction. Ā And I suspect he was not as forthcoming with the Bills as he should have been. That is a breach of trust that this team must move on from. Ā 

Ā 

I'm not convinced Matt is guilty but I was going to side with whatever decision McDermott and Beane would make. They tend to know what the best move is.

Ā 

If they felt he needed to go, then he needed to go.Ā 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

I'm just wondering why didn't he pay a settlement and have her sign an NDA to make it go away? Why did he take the phone call from her after the fact?

Ā 

If he was guilty, wouldn't he pay to get her under NDA and not take a phone call from her? Anyone wonder if the Bills legal dept was pushing for an NDA and he said I'm not guilty and not paying for something I didn't do?Ā 

I donā€™t think the Bills legal department knew the half of the charges coming. Ā The kid may just have extremely poor judgment altogether, hence the situation he has found himself in.

Just now, strive_for_five_guy said:

I donā€™t think the Bills legal department knew the half of the charges coming. Ā The kid may just have extremely poor judgment altogether, hence the situation he has found himself in.

Ā 

So far there are ZERO charges. He was sued, not charged.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Undoubtedly, there will be a moment or two this season where something critically horrible happens because of a bad punt. Bills did the right thing here.

Ā 

You mean like last year? That's the thing they were trying to fix, thought they fixed, and have unfixed.

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Ā 

You wanted the Bills, a team expected to compete for a Super Bowl, to die on this hill for a 6th round rookie punter accused of something THIS heinous (therefore leading to months of headlines, boycotts, backlash & fan anger each day he's on the team)?

Ā 

Pretty stupid hill to die on when you have much more important things to worry about. Should probably be wishing good luck to the victim.

Ā 

Bills should've stuck to their guns. This release is going to haunt Beane forever if he ends up signing elsewhere. Probably a once-in-a-lifetime talent released due to social and media pressure.

Ā 

Sad day. You don't throw family to the side like that. But that's just me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

12 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Great! So when he clears his name, weā€™ll welcome him back with open arms. Or another team will. OR, any other team can pick him up. Ā They can do that right this second as a matter of fact. Since the Bills treated him so unfairly here, there should be a line of NFL GMs at his door right now. Ā You have to be good with that, right?Ā 

Absolutelyā€¦

1 minute ago, BurpleBull said:

Ā 

Bills should've stuck to their guns. This release is going to haunt Beane forever if he ends up signing elsewhere. Probably a once-in-a-lifetime talent released due to social and media pressure.

Ā 

Sad day. You don't throw family to the side like that. But that's just me.

If Araiza lied to the Bills about aspects of situation, is he really a part of the ā€œfamilyā€?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.