Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think they already cut him based on this.

It's possible.

Apparently there may be quite the campaign of season ticket holders weighing in:

18 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

They cut him …but he still traveled to the game with the team

Right

I mean, this broke right about the time they were probably at the airport, right? 

So the Bills were "behind the curve", they had to decide

-if there was new information beyond what they already knew about

-if that new information materially affected the team's decision about Araiza

-what was the public impact on the team (PR, ticket sales)

-what was the viewpoint of the owners Kim and Terry Pegula?

-any input or guidance from the league

It's not a surprise that he might travel with the team to the game, and then have whatever next steps they want to take get sorted.

3 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

Any thoughts on the bills needing him to punt tonight because they have no one else on and need to evaluate a bunch of guys on special teams? 

then release him the next day?

It’s being reported that he will not play tonight

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

We now also have Barkley punting and Keenum holding 

I rather have Barkley make the team as a 3rd QB and be our punter than keep this guy.  Great punters are necessary for bad offenses, not the Bills offense.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Araiza attorney said the Bills used a private investigator 

The title should say that the investigation didn't include the victim's lawyer.

Judging by what we've seen from teh guy, I doubt if I would have contacted him in a fact-finding mission either.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lol, of course they are not "investigating" the case through EITHER parties attorney.  Both attorneys are 100% biased to their clients version of said event in any case ever.  He is a civil attorney representing a client for money, not an unbiased investigator, he has no role in anyones investigation into the matter.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Oh you mean the guy who went through a trial where all the facts, evidence, and information was presented for everyone to make an informed decision on what their opinion on his guilt or innocence is?  

Yet you can't even tell me if Matt was on the property at the time this happened...but please carry on.  

Maybe Jane Doe doesn't even exist? Maybe there was never even a crime at all and all of this is just an AI simulation on twitter?

I'm 100% willing to be wrong in saying that he was on the property at the time as opposed to sticking my neck out for a potential rapist, but you do you my man.

• Eyeroll 1

Based on what is best for the Bills as a football team, if they are not reasonably sure this is false, they should sign another punter and cut Araiza. It is too much of a distraction to keep a punter who hasn't even been on the active roster yet while this plays out. 

This may not be what is fair, but it is the best decision for the team. The draft pick is gone at this point. There will be a cloud over him for some time which is bad. After that either he will be cleared and resume an NFL career or he will not be cleared and suffer the consequences. 

Basically the Bills can take bad publicity for an upgrade at punter (which may not be permanent if he is found liable/guilty) or they can have neutral publicity for an off-the-street punter. The latter seems right.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That headline seems designed to generate clicks and cast aspersions on the Bills.    Why would they ever talk to the plaintiff's lawyer?   

Talk to law enforcement, talk to private investigators.   Just like in the McCoy case that's been cited a few times in this thread...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

We've gone from "you shouldn't have worn that dress" to "you shouldn't have associated with someone wearing that dress" so I guess that's progress. Toward what, I have no idea.

2 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Who cares where he was picked. A mediocre directional punter will fit the Bills just fine. We don't need some deep punter. We won't be punting from deep on our side of the field too often.

I can appreciate your viewpoint, but that's what it was worth to the eggheads of our franchise. They should have a pretty clear idea of what's needed to them, don't you think?