Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

This MB is mostly men, most of the men here have been at college parties drunk. Some even likely hooked up with a girl. How many do you think ID’d the girl prior? Let alone if she said she was 18? He was what, 20-21? No DA is going to charge someone in that situation when it was consensual. 

This is very wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

If my daughter gets raped by a guy(s) I'd either kill him or do everything I could to see him in jail for the rest of his life.  I would not ask the guy to give me some money and then walk away instead.

There is something wrong with this picture.

I have no doubt, Inigo.  I bet you would do that if someone hurt anyone in your family.

2 minutes ago, appoo said:

You dont think an NFL team on the verge of winning a SB would give an extra helping of doubt to someone who could be hugely important to winning that SB? 

Look I’ve pretty much lost faith in ANY major multibillion entity doing the morally/societally correct thing, rather than looking at everything through a cost/benefit/risk lens

A 6th round rookie punter making a minimum salary and almost no dead cap?  No.  A stud like Josh in whom they invested multiple high picks and $258M, sure.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

This MB is mostly men, most of the men here have been at college parties drunk. Some even likely hooked up with a girl. How many do you think ID’d the girl prior? Let alone if she said she was 18? He was what, 20-21? No DA is going to charge someone in that situation when it was consensual. 

No DA is going to charge? That’s funny. 

And wrong.

14 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

The private investigators have multiple witnesses that say she was telling people she was 18...according to his lawyer.

I have a friend in HS who got pregnant after going home with a guy on Chippewa. She told him she was 21.  Her parents went to the police and they told her they would press charges if she wanted. 

She declined. 

I am not a lawyer. But I’m not sure that her saying she was 18 helps at all. 

7 minutes ago, appoo said:

The what was the evidence they submitted to the DA? And why submit evidence to the DA if the police don’t believe a crime was admitted?

Again you start with the assumption that this young person is lying 

And you're assuming someone is guilty. It goes both ways. Right now everyone is reacting to a news story and some tweets. No criminal charges have been made.  I don't know why not. But a civil case is being made and Jane Doe's attorney is litigating over Twitter.

Both sides are owed a reasoned response after the facts are obtained.

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Yes, he actually does... Read the constitution sometime.  We all have the inalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. 

If being on a football team fulfills his pursuit of happiness, it is his inalienable right to play football. 

Are you high?

• Haha (+1) 4

Just now, Doc said:

A 6th round rookie punter making a minimum salary and almost no dead cap?  No.  A stud like Josh in whom they invested multiple high picks and $258M, sure.

On pure talent, Araiza is the type that takes you from 90% to 95%.  

Field position is huge with a team as talented as the Bills. They’re almost going to get at least 1-2 first downs a drive and that means you’re gonna always have the opportunity to force opposing fields to drive the field against an elite defense 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I have a friend in HS who got pregnant after going home with a guy on Chippewa. She told him she was 21.  Her parents went to the police and they told her they would press charges if she wanted. 

She declined. 

It doesn’t. 

Just now, appoo said:

You dont think an NFL team on the verge of winning a SB would give an extra helping of doubt to someone who could be hugely important to winning that SB? 

Look I’ve pretty much lost faith in ANY major multibillion entity doing the morally/societally correct thing, rather than looking at everything through a cost/benefit/risk lens

Honestly, would having Haack on the roster over Araiza really affect our chances moving forward? We’d be one of the favourites either way.

As said above, they could have easily retained Haack over Araiza and came up with a reasonable excuse for doing so. The fact they didn’t, whilst knowing about the allegation and investigating it, over a player who shouldn’t have that much of an impact on a Super Bowl charge does indicate there are things which they (think) they know which we’re not privy too. And it’s not a case of “Protect the athlete, all women all liars”.

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, Mango said:

She declined. 

I'm no legal expert, so I also have no idea

I was simply pointing out that his lawyer claims their investigators have multiple witnesses that have said she was telling people she was 18 

10 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It happens to me once in awhile too 

I hit it once and then check.

10 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It happens to me once in awhile too 

I hit it once and then check.

Edit: (I did that on purpose.  Was hoping to get a laugh.  I actually had to quote the post twice)

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

And you're assuming someone is guilty. It goes both ways. Right now everyone is reacting to a news story and some tweets. No criminal charges have been made.  I don't know why not. But a civil case is being made and Jane Doe's attorney is litigating over Twitter.

Both sides are owed a reasoned response after the facts are obtained.

Actually I’m responding to circumstantial evidence:

Araiza admitted to having sex with her

Her injuries 

Even the defense lawyer saying “wasn’t in that room” which means he believes she was raped 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well that would certainly be even worse for his side of the story.  

I was thinking less about the legal implications and more about the wide variety of potential moral ones.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

- they believe he’s innocent based on the info they have  but also reserve the right to cut him as more comes out and will sign someone else if needed. But they knew for sure they didn’t want Haack 

Do you think the Bills will create a spot now for a punter on the PS, and possibly have try outs for that??

• Disagree 1

17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The truth is he was accused of being involved in a gang rape and it looks fishy as *****…. They could’ve easily cut him and kept Haack… again, they kept him because he can kick the ***** out of the ball not for any other reason….but who cares, he’s a ***** punter. 

Repeating incorrect ideas doesn’t make them correct.