My baby cat escaped the house overnight and is missing: UPDATE: She walked in after a week AWOL like nothing happened.

Draconator

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

They usually don't go very far. Talk to your neighbors and see if they'll thoroughly check their sheds and garages.  They'll find a small spot and hide.  Hope you find them!

We talked to all the neighbors who were home. Put out her liter box,  some of our clothing for our scent, some of the dogs food which Chloe loves to eat, posted on as many lost pet Facebook groups as we could, called our vet and Ten Lives Club (where she was adopted from) to let them all know she is missing. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

We talked to all the neighbors who were home. Put out her liter box,  some of our clothing for our scent, some of the dogs food which Chloe loves to eat, posted on as many lost pet Facebook groups as we could, called our vet and Ten Lives Club (where she was adopted from) to let them all know she is missing. 

I'm guessing she wasn't chipped? My heart goes out to you as we have a Chloe too.

come home kitty cat. I'm sorry to read this mate. Furry family members are important. Maybe posts some signs on light posts around your vicinity? Right on red corner stops so its visible with a description and phone number.

51 minutes ago, muppy said:

come home kitty cat. I'm sorry to read this mate. Furry family members are important. Maybe posts some signs on light posts around your vicinity? Right on red corner stops so its visible with a description and phone number.

We did that and it is helping! A lady who lives on our street saw one of our posters, said she helps rescue cats, and offered one of her traps to us. We were loaned two traps which are currently set up. Then, our new next door neighbor saw our kitty about 3 am on her deck, not knowing it was our kitty. Her daughter graduated with a degree in animal behavioral science and she is setting her trap out on her deck. 

I was tearing up quite a bit earlier today. Now I have a peace and very hopeful!

58 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm guessing she wasn't chipped? My heart goes out to you as we have a Chloe too.

She is chipped. Our vet and the chip database company have been told she is missing. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Draconator said:

We did that and it is helping! A lady who lives on our street saw one of our posters, said she helps rescue cats, and offered one of her traps to us. We were loaned two traps which are currently set up. Then, our new next door neighbor saw our kitty about 3 am on her deck, not knowing it was our kitty. Her daughter graduated with a degree in animal behavioral science and she is setting her trap out on her deck. 

I was tearing up quite a bit earlier today. Now I have a peace and very hopeful!

YES SIR those are GREAT updates!!! Kitty will be found he/she is around from the sounds of it hasn't gone far. I love the trap idea that is genius. Put some nice smelly wet food in there...here kitty kitty kitty Eat me!! 🙂 its just a matter of time

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, muppy said:

YES SIR those are GREAT updates!!! Kitty will be found he/she is around from the sounds of it hasn't gone far. I love the trap idea that is genius. Put some nice smelly wet food in there...here kitty kitty kitty Eat me!! 🙂 its just a matter of time

Markel has been purchased.

We had two cats for many years. The younger one once got out and was missing for over 24 hours. We asked the neighbors and canvassed the neighborhood and no luck. Finally i convinced my wife to let the older cat outside as well, if she was out there anywhere close he would find her I said. Sure enough after a bit he wound his way from the backyard to the garage and sat directly in front of my workbench just staring at it. I got the flashlight out and there she was huddled way back in the corner.

Her name was Chloe too. Hoping you get your Chloe back soon.

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Are you in a neighborhood? Rural area? Urban? Sounds like you aren’t isolated so there is a likely chance that they’ll come back looking for food/shelter to SOMEONE near by.

I know that empty feeling of a missing pet. Keep on looking and I hope you will have them back to you ASAP!!!

We're in the suburbs. Lots of duplex's on our street, including where we live. 

16 hours ago, Draconator said:

I just caught the name. My aunt's cat that got lost was named Chloe as well. She ended up in a neighbors garage a day or two after they originally searched it. Seems to be some good news that's someone has saw her and she's still close. Hope you find her today!

• Thank you (+1) 1

It's early so just keep an eye out.  I lived with my brother and his gf years ago when i got out of school, and they had a cat marv that just went missing.  he wasn't old for a cat, (8-9 maybe) but we really thought he may have gone somewhere to live out the rest of his life.  three days passed and we just figured he was gone for good.  on that third day my brother found him in the garage.  dirty, but perfectly fine.  gone for 72 hours or more, and came back fine.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, teef said:

It's early so just keep an eye out.  I lived with my brother and his gf years ago when i got out of school, and they had a cat marv that just went missing.  he wasn't old for a cat, (8-9 maybe) but we really thought he may have gone somewhere to live out the rest of his life.  three days passed and we just figured he was gone for good.  on that third day my brother found him in the garage.  dirty, but perfectly fine.  gone for 72 hours or more, and came back fine.  

When they found Marv, did they ask him where else would he rather be?

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

When they found Marv, did they ask him where else would he rather be?

his name technically was marv levy.  i have a cat named beebe after don beebe, and my dog is named ben (bennett) after cornelius bennett.  yeah.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

his name technically was marv levy.  i have a cat named beebe after don beebe, and my dog is named ben (bennett) after cornelius bennett.  yeah.

One of my cats (light buff color) is named Shane.

He was named by my ex-wife's cousin.  Apparently, a young man named Shane was - in her words - "the only white boy" she ever dated.  The cat reminded her of him.

We kept the name because we thought it was funny.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, teef said:

Our black kitty is named Emery Cygnus. (The one who figures out the Rush reference wins nothing)

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Our black kitty is named Emery Cygnus. (The one who figures out the Rush reference wins nothing)

Hemispheres!

And I really hope he comes home soon, man.  I'm a cat lover and I hate that you're going through this.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Draconator said:

But what album was Cygnus first mentioned?

Oh, that I do not know.  I'll take a stab and say 2112.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Oh, that I do not know.  I'll take a stab and say 2112.

Googled  it.  I was WRONG!  Farewell to Kings.  Do I still win nothing?

On 8/23/2022 at 3:24 PM, Draconator said:

You're doing all the right things.  We've lost 2, in hindsight the stupidest ones, but found both, within 1-2 houses of where we lived.  She will be found!

When you're looking, look under things.  they will find a covered spot, and mostly stay there.  Also, look up.  She could be on a low tree branch.  Best of luck!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

You're doing all the right things.  We've lost 2, in hindsight the stupidest ones, but found both, within 1-2 houses of where we lived.  She will be found!

When you're looking, look under things.  they will find a covered spot, and mostly stay there.  Also, look up.  She could be on a low tree branch.  Best of luck!

Chloe's nickname is "clueless Chloe". She's often confused. So you're right. She could be very close by. We have searched our trees and looked under our deck and our neighbors deck. 

One of our cats, a big black fat faced hefty tom, used to go off for months at a time. Showed up like nothing had happened and was still lovey and all that. This was for years, over and over. Did always have some scars but hey, do what you've gotta do. This was farm country in Wyoming county.

Like the song says... "the cat came back"... hope this is the case here.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Draconator said:

Chloe's nickname is "clueless Chloe". She's often confused. So you're right. She could be very close by. We have searched our trees and looked under our deck and our neighbors deck. 

We found one in a wooded area behind our house, and another under some building debris, behind a house 2 doors away.

• Like (+1) 1

Chloe has been spotted in our back yard! My wife and stepson went out to see if they could get her, but so did our dog and he took off after her, and Chloe ran under the back fence into the neighbors yard. The neighbor has been very kind to let us set a trap in his backyard. There is also a dead mouse near where Chloe was seen so that tells us she's hungry and hunting. Very soon our baby will be back in the house!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Chloe has been spotted in our back yard! My wife and stepson went out to see if they could get her, but so did our dog and he took off after her, and Chloe ran under the back fence into the neighbors yard. The neighbor has been very kind to let us set a trap in his backyard. There is also a dead mouse near where Chloe was seen so that tells us she's hungry and hunting. Very soon our baby will be back in the house!!!

My son and wife have a labradoodle they got together. She had a cat when they met. The dog abuses the cat that I’ve seen only 2-3 times since they got the dog 4 years ago. 

The cat is now peeing all over their new furniture and bed, and they are expecting their first child in October. 

I know where a cat is available!!! 

(Dog guy here, I admit.) 

EDIT: New home for the cat is in the works. 

Edited by Augie
  • Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Maybe Chloe is afraid of your dog in the house? 

59 minutes ago, Draconator said:

WooHoo! Very glad to hear the encouraging news. Looking forward to when she's back safe and sound.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

My son and wife have a labradoodle they got together. She had a cat when they met. The dog abuses the cat that I’ve seen only 2-3 times since they got the dog 4 years ago. 

I have never heard of a labradoodle before.  There was a joke when I was a kid that no dog with self respect would mate with a poodle.  Most poodles when I was growing up had haircuts like Fifi.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.