Broncos at Bills Preseason Game Day thread.

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah, you can. He's an Undrafted Free Agent playing well against other Undrafted and Practice Squad players. You see guys like that across the league in Pre-Season.

Highly doubt he's going to get signed to someone's 53 man roster. If he does, good for him. But we only keep 3 RB's on the 53 (plus a Fullback and Taiwan Jones who is core Special Teams and a RB in name only).

Regardless of how he's looked - you're not keeping him over Devin Singletary, James Cook, or Zack Moss. He'll replace Antonio Williams on the Practice Squad.

I wonder if someone can overtake Jones on special teams so they can keep Duke Johnson too as a 4th RB.

Maybe i'm just being greedy but I like having the depth. 

3 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Thoughts on the four roster cuts to get to 80 after watching our 2nd preseason game?

Gentry, Ingram, HAACK and one of Brewer/Ankou? Tenuta is on the way out but don't know they do it here. Anderson and Owen have shown some athleticism, would like to see more from them.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

I wonder if someone can overtake Jones on special teams so they can keep Duke Johnson too as a 4th RB.

Maybe i'm just being greedy but I like having the depth. 

Not gonna happen. Taiwan Jones was a protected from injury key veteran player last week and again today. Regardless of how anyone feels about him on this board, he's highly valued by McDermott.

Even if someone were to do that, we wouldn't carry another RB. His roster spot would just be added on to whatever position the replacing Special Teams player is listed as. You're not replacing a core Special Teamer with anything else but another core Special Teams player. People need to stop thinking of him as taking a RB spot.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Andre Smith blew the coverage on the TD to the TE again this week. 

Unfortunately he's kind of a lock to make the team with his suspension coming. 

Get an extra guy for 6 weeks before they decide to keep or cut him. 

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, muppy said:

okay I do recall that now that you mention it.  He'll be back soon 

Iirc i read here,he got six stitches and came back in, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.