Broncos at Bills Preseason Game Day thread.

5 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

DAMMIT, we need to find Blackshear a roster spot!!!  Love that *****in' guy!

Could come down to Blackshear vs. Moss. Both look great. Tough choice. Might be wiser to go with Blackshear if he can be had on a cheap deal longer. 

Unless they just want to keep 4 RB's on the roster. 

This team is so deep. Touch choices ahead. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Could come down to Blackshear vs. Moss. Both look great. Tough choice. Might be wiser to go with Blackshear if he can be had on a cheap deal longer. 

Much as I love Blackshear, Moss is a lock at RB2.  His new burst of speed is impressive as *****.

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yet, they did NOT use the backup in McKenzie despite all that.  

Again, neither Hodgins or Kumerow will sniff the field this year as a WR.  To put it a better way, if either of them has to play a significant role we are in trouble and hunting for WR help on the FA market and trade market.  

Doesnt mean it was the right decision to do so.  When they finally did put McKenzie in, he shined.  Just like he is going to shine this year.

Id rather have a competent backup on the team that knows our offense than struggle to pick up some guy in FA, coming in cold, and doesnt know jack about our O.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Moss is going to win that spot and have to hope you can keep Blackshear on the PS

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

LOL if you are keeping score Doyle has as many career TD receptions as Gilliam does. 

And yes I would rather have an extra OL as the third TE.  And do did Daboll and McD last year.  Even Doyle is a better in-line blocker than Gilliam is.  

Dude, come on.

McDermott extended Gilliam.  That completely makes your point moot.  He was active for 16 of 17 games last year.

Okay, on your team you can have Tommy Doyle running tight end routes that aren’t trick plays.

Of course Doyle is a better in line blocker, Gilliam isn’t an offensive lineman.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

I think the refs have just given up. That was a horsecollar tackle by the Bronco on the first Bills tackler on the kickoff.

Yea there have been a handful of plays on offense were guys were getting grabbed and no flags came out.  They quit at halftime.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There is the other popular misunderstanding of ST contributions.  Only one guy will make the tackle...its NOT about how many tackles you get, its about how well you play your role to force the returner into a tackle and contain the return.  Literally closing off the lanes is substantially more important than who gets the credit for the tackle.  A tackle can happen anywhere on the field...on a 5 yard return or a 50 yard return.  What matters most is not allowing the runner the space to make the return and force him into the coverage for as short of a gain as possible.  

Can you show that he did this or are you just assuming he did?  Like have you broken down any ST's footage at all and know how these guys all played?  I doubt it.

13 minutes ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

Billsiest thing ever:

1. Spend a draft pick to get the best punter in the history of Football.
  2. Never punt again.

lol good post socal 🙂 Max Araiza  says booooooooo

lol

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

There is the other popular misunderstanding of ST contributions.  Only one guy will make the tackle...its NOT about how many tackles you get, its about how well you play your role to force the returner into a tackle and contain the return.  Literally closing off the lanes is substantially more important than who gets the credit for the tackle.  A tackle can happen anywhere on the field...on a 5 yard return or a 50 yard return.  What matters most is not allowing the runner the space to make the return and force him into the coverage for as short of a gain as possible.  

Yes I know that and I think any pro football player can do that.  Literally any of them that can run.  I just don't place any value on specific ST players outside of P, KR, K, and LS.  Nor do I place any value on ST coordinators.  I can understand one designated guy, but how many do the Bills have - three at least in Kumerow, Jones, and Matakevich.  If there were not more capable players at their respective positions I wouldn't care. But there are 4 better RB than Jones, at least 3 or 4 better WR's than Kumerow, and probably every LB on the roster now is better at playing LB.  

I understand your point that the 5th or 6th WR is not going to see the field very often.  But Kumerow did line up last year at WR year not infrequently. He was the designated WR on short yardage when they went heavy.  

As for your argument if they have a WR injury to the top 2 I agree none of these guys can replace Diggs or Davis for multiple games. In that scenario you are 100% correct they would need to go find a FA or coax Sanders out of retirement.  However if they lost one of those two during a game, Austin or Hodgins probably offers more at the WR spot than Kumerow would during that specific game.  

• Eyeroll 2

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yes I know that and I think any pro football player can do that.  Literally any of them that can run.  I just don't place any value on specific ST players outside of P, KR, K, and LS.  Nor do I place any value on ST coordinators.  I can understand one designated guy, but how many do the Bills have - three at least in Kumerow, Jones, and Matakevich.  If there were not more capable players at their respective positions I wouldn't care. But there are 4 better RB than Jones, at least 3 or 4 better WR's than Kumerow, and probably every LB on the roster now is better at playing LB.  

I understand your point that the 5th or 6th WR is not going to see the field very often.  But Kumerow did line up last year at WR year not infrequently. He was the designated WR on short yardage when they went heavy.  

As for your argument if they have a WR injury to the top 2 I agree none of these guys can replace Diggs or Davis for multiple games. In that scenario you are 100% correct they would need to go find a FA or coax Sanders out of retirement.  However if they lost one of those two during a game, Austin or Hodgins probably offers more at the WR spot than Kumerow would during that specific game.  

Every single team has guys who are mainly just special teams contributors.  You disagree with all 32 NFL coaches.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.