Steelers stadium will now be called Acrisure Stadium

Greg S

Heinz was perfect for that stadium and the city.

I can't help but think that any short term gain from higher rights fees hurts them with this name.  It's not pronounceable to anyone who's never heard of it, for goodness sake.

3 hours ago, Augie said:

It’s catchy for sure, but I think I’ll just call it The Ralph II. 

I can never keep those top women’s tennis players straight, and this doesn’t help! 

Gotta hate those Swedish names but love those women's tennis players. 

14 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I thought nothing could be worse than Highmark 

I was wrong.

It will always be Rich Stadium or Ralph Wilson Stadium to me. Steelers fans will still call it Heinz Field. I bet they won't even acknowledge the new name.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Kind of makes you wonder how much these folks are over charging for insurance services if they feel they can blow peoples premiums on Stadium naming rights.

Probably about the same as Highmark - hmbcbs-logo-full-1.png

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Gugny said:

Looks like it's the Steelers:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-heinz-field-renamed-acrisure-stadium-as-part-of-new-15-year-naming-rights-agreement/#:~:text=And now Acrisure%2C a Michigan,II said in a statement.

"We are excited to partner with Acrisure for the naming rights to our stadium," Steelers President Art Rooney II said in a statement. "Acrisure provided us with an opportunity to ensure our stadium continues to be a valuable asset for our fans as well as keeping up with the market value of NFL stadiums. We are very appreciative to partner with Greg Williams and his company, and we look forward to a long, beneficial relationship for years to come."

The biggest LOL has to be Rooney’s statement claiming this allows the stadium to remain a “valuable asset for the fans…” because yes, that good sir was of course your first thought/worry when ye ol Acrisure came a callin’ 😆. The fans of course will benefit richly from this. Er, what? 

Now Heinz can finally sponsor arrowhead field and adopt their perfect spokesman...

*Anyone that puts ketchup on a steak should be beaten with a grill brush until they realize the error of their ways.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/patrick-mahomes-ketchup-story/1jdkytwt8u3ld1bbngu7i7j5g1#:~:text=Patrick Mahomes puts ketchup on steak%2C other foods&text=He also told InsideHook that,on mac-and-cheese.

asteak.webp

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

On 7/12/2022 at 8:55 AM, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

*Anyone that puts ketchup on a steak should be beaten with a grill brush until they realize the error of their ways.

...And they DEFINITELY shouldn't be allowed to be president.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.