Rd 2, Pick 63 (31): RB James Cook, Georgia

Hapless Bills Fan

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

he wasn't even a starter in college lol.  he is a pass catching RB, he will never be a starter

He will take Singletarys job by end of season. And will be able to house it from anywhere on the field something Singletary cannot do. 

10 minutes ago, Dirtbag said:

dude looked high as shiz. i love him already.

Haha I was gonna say either the dude just woke up or uh, toked up. 

When they first cut to him and his family it kinda seemed like homeboy was yelling at someone, everyone got real quiet for a minute. Then the next time they went back to him he was putting the hat on with everyone cheering. 

Seems like a solid pick. Beane deserves the benefit of the doubt at this point. It’ll be interesting to see how they work him into the offense and split time with Singletary. I wonder if they try to move Moss, I like him too he’s just never really got going with them.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You didn’t see the live cam of his entourage?

Nope, still have a worker here I’m trying to prompt and usher out. But I do trust the Bills FO. As always, time will tell. 

1 minute ago, GreggTX said:

I don't see how this pick helps us. I guess we're just going to run left all year. Maybe we have a big trade coming to upgrade the right side of our OL. Beane just has the worst luck in round 2. Well, I guess we have a good depth RB. He'll be an ok 3rd down back, but I hope he won't be taking carries away from Singletary or this will be a wasted pick. I was hoping for someone that could upgrade a starting position in round 2. Oh well.

I encourage you to think about how many snaps they want RB1 and RB2 to play. I expect they want very similar touches for the two and that’s why they force feed moss the first 3/4 of the year. With that perspective we have upgraded RB2 which is effectively half a starter with this perspective. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Knox caught zero TDs in college

not sure what that has to do with it.  if Knox was just a blocking TE and someone said he's going to come in and catch a bunch of TD's i would say no he's just a blocking TE.  Cook is just a receiving change of pace RB, he's not a starter

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Wanted an elite Athlete weapon in one of these two rounds. Got that elite athlete weapon. 

now OL would work in 3rd. Or even another elite athlete weapon will work. 

maybe even another DB would be fine as long as he has speed. 

those 6ths will go along way in shoring the IOL depth. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That's the RB I wanted. Would have preferred him with our 3rd but I won't complain. Best pass catching back in the draft.

When Walker went 41, the idea of Cook lasting until 89, which was a very iffy proposition to begin with, went way out the window. Moving down twice to pick up picks to allow us to move around on Day 3 and grabbing him just shy of Round 3 was so smart. I love everything about the pick.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.