Report circulating that Apple will be 2023 home to Sunday Ticket

Ned Flanders

3 minutes ago, Htt2821 said:

Sling Tv is Live TV via internet stream, just like YouTube TV is.  Sling also offers a Sports Bundle that has everything I want, including Red Zone Network. 

So Sling now gives the local channels where you live?  I just Googled it, says it only carries NBC and Fox in certain cities.  No ABC or CBS.  Or they will give you an antenna.  Nothing in Western NY is listed BTW

With You Tube you also get all the local networks which are where the televised games are on.

1 hour ago, atomicpwrd said:

Is 2022 still a DirecTV thing?

Yes I just renewed mine, glad this will be last year so tired of 200$ cable bills. When this year is up I’m canceling my Directv, only have it because of Sunday ticket when I want to watch tv I stream anyway. 

• Like (+1) 3

For years now it's been possible to get an NFL Gamepass subscription -- all NFL games live as they happen, no blackouts, NFL Network, Red Zone, All-22 tape, archive of games going back five years and every Super Bowl ever -- for $200 per year. Then it's just a matter of broadcasting your computer screen to your TV either wirelessly or with an HDMI cable and BOOM, you have the same thing as DirectTV, but without the satellite subscription.

I'll be interested to see if there's a new agreement for NFL Sunday Ticket with Apple and all, but it's not as if we can't get everything that Sunday Ticket includes, right now, and have been able to do so for years now.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

For years now it's been possible to get an NFL Gamepass subscription -- all NFL games live as they happen, no blackouts, NFL Network, Red Zone, All-22 tape, archive of games going back five years and every Super Bowl ever -- for $200 per year. Then it's just a matter of broadcasting your computer screen to your TV either wirelessly or with an HDMI cable and BOOM, you have the same thing as DirectTV, but without the satellite subscription.

I'll be interested to see if there's a new agreement for NFL Sunday Ticket with Apple and all, but it's not as if we can't get everything that Sunday Ticket includes, right now, and have been able to do so for years now.

Isn’t game pass not live?

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

people still have satellite dishes at/on their homes?

Yep.

But someday I hope to upgrade to something less reliable and more complicated so that I can watch 1000 crappy TV shows and then get on the internet and pretend I'm better than everybody else. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yep.

But someday I hope to upgrade to something less reliable and more complicated so that I can watch 1000 crappy TV shows and then get on the internet and pretend I'm better than everybody else. :thumbsup:

you're halfway there!  lol

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yep.

I hear you about the Internet bragging. But why do you think streaming is unreliable? Can’t remember the last time I had any issue streaming live sports or anything else. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

If MLB can do it, hopefully so can the NFL. 

I love this.  Not because of Apple, just because anyone will have access to it now. 

Long long time season ticket holder that is moving to Charleston, SC so this would be really cool to have apple pick this up. Rumors have circulated for some time now. 

So I've had NFLST on DirecTV for years, with a satellite dish.  Service has been great.  But we're moving this summer and honestly the only reason I've had DirecTV has been so I could get NFLST.  It sounds like people here have experience getting NFLST via streaming.  Any recommendations on which service we should get?  I want local programming as well as HBO etc.  Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, msw2112 said:

The days of the annual haggle with Directv are coming to an end soon.  I don't foresee Apple playing that game.

ahh yes the annual call in to threaten to cancel your services so you can get the best deal game…can’t say I miss those days…although I had my fun on a few of those calls 😈

3 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/report-nfl-sunday-ticket-apple-deal-is-actually-done/

I just hope that when the day comes, you can pick up a "favorite team" option instead of paying for the full boat.

Full team option won’t come cheap.  95% of that market wants “their team”.  That is the golden goose.   Expect a price hike

2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

You had my hopes up for a few seconds. If it is not live, its not worth the $200 for me because I have used ST, 95+% times for live Bills games alone. The other items have no value to me. 

DMed you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.