Report circulating that Apple will be 2023 home to Sunday Ticket

Ned Flanders

8 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

You should, for example, be able to look at a movie, see the actors and directors in it and then click on them to see other things they are in and watch those - none of the major streaming apps have that option. 

Amazon Prime has a feature called X-Ray that when you pause a movie/show, it will show you who the actors are in that scene, and other info...

Every Streaming Platform Needs The Amazon X-Ray Feature (decider.com)

• Like (+1) 1

Unlike many of you, I’ve been reasonably happy with DIRECTV. Have had it since ‘98.  After years of crowded sports bars with snot-nosed kids running around while trying to watch the Bills, ST at home has been a godsend. Before the advent of satellite dishes and spirts bars, we had to pray that the Bills were shown locally or that we could catch a few post-game highlights. I love the luxury of sitting in my comfy chair with the fire blazing, no distractions, snacks within arms reach, etc. 

I like having DIRECTV and recorded shows accessible on all TVs concurrently. I like the DVR features. 
I’ve been able to negotiate reasonable monthly fees. I’ve paid little or nothing for Sunday Ticket for years. Customer Service isn’t always perfect, but overall it has been decent. The CSRs are generally helpful and willing to accommodate. Occasionally I’ll get one who’s tougher to deal with or difficult to understand, so I end the call and try another again with a different rep. 
I’ve experienced very few outages. Only temporary outages when a large weather system is between my dish and the bird. Rarely more than a couple of minutes. My neighbors with cable have had more frequent issues. 

I don’t know what the service will be when Apple takes over the ST package, but hoping I’ll be able to enjoy the same functionality at a reasonable price. Hoping 4k (or better) will become a standard for NFL broadcasts.  
I may join a gang of local Bills Backers this season at our Anchor Bar or one of the other area venues for a game, but for most games I’ll be fireside, remote in hand, watching from the cozy confines of my living room. 

• Like (+1) 3

19 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

i think they focus so much on network load that that they neglect UI. You should, for example, be able to look at a movie, see the actors and directors in it and then click on them to see other things they are in and watch those - none of the major streaming apps have that option. Netflix has a "more like this" that is insane;

I am clearly old school, but when I watch a movie, I want to watch it straight through with no pauses, no distractions and no ability to "click and find out more". Just watch the damn movie and save the research for later. 

On 4/19/2022 at 3:29 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

That's not going to change.

Of course that will stay available, I was talking about other options as opposed to that. Shouldn't need to subscribe to 75+ channels to get one dang game that switches networks every so often.

Edited by What a Tuel

2 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Of course that will stay available, I was talking about other options as opposed to that. Shouldn't need to subscribe to 75+ channels to get one dang game that switches networks every so often.

You won't have the option to watch Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, Thursday Night Football, etc. using Apple TV's Sunday Ticket. It will only be for regional Sunday afternoon games that aren't available in your market. The network broadcasts on CBS and FOX in your area will also not be available.

53 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You won't have the option to watch Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, Thursday Night Football, etc. using Apple TV's Sunday Ticket. It will only be for regional Sunday afternoon games that aren't available in your market. The network broadcasts on CBS and FOX in your area will also not be available.

You don't know that.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/20/2022 at 12:13 AM, SoMAn said:

Unlike many of you, I’ve been reasonably happy with DIRECTV. Have had it since ‘98.  After years of crowded sports bars with snot-nosed kids running around while trying to watch the Bills, ST at home has been a godsend. Before the advent of satellite dishes and spirts bars, we had to pray that the Bills were shown locally or that we could catch a few post-game highlights. I love the luxury of sitting in my comfy chair with the fire blazing, no distractions, snacks within arms reach, etc. 

I like having DIRECTV and recorded shows accessible on all TVs concurrently. I like the DVR features. 
I’ve been able to negotiate reasonable monthly fees. I’ve paid little or nothing for Sunday Ticket for years. Customer Service isn’t always perfect, but overall it has been decent. The CSRs are generally helpful and willing to accommodate. Occasionally I’ll get one who’s tougher to deal with or difficult to understand, so I end the call and try another again with a different rep. 
I’ve experienced very few outages. Only temporary outages when a large weather system is between my dish and the bird. Rarely more than a couple of minutes. My neighbors with cable have had more frequent issues. 

I don’t know what the service will be when Apple takes over the ST package, but hoping I’ll be able to enjoy the same functionality at a reasonable price. Hoping 4k (or better) will become a standard for NFL broadcasts.  
I may join a gang of local Bills Backers this season at our Anchor Bar or one of the other area venues for a game, but for most games I’ll be fireside, remote in hand, watching from the cozy confines of my living room. 

Same here been with DTV since 1996 much more fun sitting at home with a few friends and synching Bills SiriusXM radio broadcast to the video feed.  Wish we could choose a broadcast that had audio of team ya want like NHL a and MLB have with each team having own broadcast.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

You don't know that.

Right now Sunday Ticket is separate from Sunday night, Monday and Thursday games. I'm guessing it stays that way. I doubt Thursday games on Amazon would be available on Apple Sunday Ticket

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Isn't that the same as it is now? 

2 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Excellent. Directv went right down the drain after the ATT acquisition. I was a happy directv customer until then. Ditched them shortly thereafter and have never regretted it. 

Agree 100%. I still have Directv only because of the Sunday ticket. If they lose that then that will be the final death blow for them. 

24 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Agree 100%. I still have Directv only because of the Sunday ticket. If they lose that then that will be the final death blow for them. 

Same here. What do you think you'll go to? Wife and I still like live TV . Youtube or Hulu +?

Just now, nucci said:

Same here. What do you think you'll go to? Wife and I still like live TV . Youtube or Hulu +?

Have no idea. Have been a Directv customer since 2002. As long as they have the Sunday ticket I will stick with them. I am a Bills fan who lives in NJ so I need the ticket to watch the Bills. I don't want the Jets and Giants as my main choices.

On 4/18/2022 at 3:10 PM, Ned Flanders said:

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/report-nfl-sunday-ticket-apple-deal-is-actually-done/

I just hope that when the day comes, you can pick up a "favorite team" option instead of paying for the full boat.

I just hope you aren't required to buy a new iPhone 15 in order to qualify for being able to purchase Sunday Ticket.

4 hours ago, nucci said:

Right now Sunday Ticket is separate from Sunday night, Monday and Thursday games. I'm guessing it stays that way. I doubt Thursday games on Amazon would be available on Apple Sunday Ticket

I live abroad, I can see all of them together with gamepass.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I’ve been quite happy with FUBOTV. Went with them because they are one of the only ones (maybe the only one) that covers MSG WNY. Only way to watch the Sabres games in market. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.