Breaking: Von Miller to bills, 6 year , 120 million

BillsMafi$

6 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Will Von Miller become only the second player in NFL history to win a Super Bowl with three different teams? That's what Bills fans are counting on.

Personally, those odds make me nervous (which will surprise no one).

Eh.  Means nothing as correlation does not imply causation.  We went 54 years without a team winning the Super Bowl in their host city before the Bucs and Rams did.  Last year was the first time in 25 years all four NFL teams made the playoffs who were in the conference championship game the year before.  No starting QB had ever won two rings with two different teams before Brady did.  You get the point.

This defense personnel wise is already better than last year before the draft assuming Tre White is back week one.  It's always tricky with a new offensive coordinator but the offense should put up similar production to the last two years.  We pry have the easiest road to the one seed out of any AFC team giving us the best chance of winning the conference with that bye and home field.  Now it's a matter of hoping to stay healthy and taking care of business.  The odds will always be against us as there's 32 teams in the league but I like our chances more than any NFL team.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I wonder if there’s any significance to the number 40. He wore 58 all those years in Denver, 40 with the Rams, and is now asking for 40 again in Buffalo. Where are my sleuths?

Good question.  Was his college # as an Aggie. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

And one more thing:  Imagine being a Buffalo Bills player as these days approached, wondering if your team was going to do anything.   Imagine how those guys are feeling tonight.   

The Bills ask a lot of their players, and they tell them that they will get them the help they need.   Well, tonight those guys are 100% sold on their team.   Even AJ and Rousseau and Basham, they're like, "hell, yeah!"  Hughes and Addison?  Well, I'm sure they're worried personally, but they're in awe of what there team can accomplish.  

Oliver?  How do you think Oliver feels tonight?

Allen?   He wants to lace 'em up tomorrow morning.  

Diggs?  Are you kidding?  Diggs is sold.  If the Bills are telling him he needs to restructure to make some room, he's saying "where do I sign?"

Moves like this let the players know the team is serious about taking the next step.  

And the cool part, sounds like Von is just as giddy to strap it up with the Bills!

What an awesome feeling this is after years of watching other teams makes these moves.

6 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

This reads like you had a few too many beers.

You keep talking about how Miller has slowed down/regressed except the numbers don't reflect that, in fact none of the metrics that you associate with DEs say anything like it. 

What they do say is that he's still a highly effective DE with excellent body control, a great pressure win rate, bend, and someone who needs to be accounted for on the field by offenses. He was much, much more efficient last season (a very down season, according to you) than anyone the Bills had. 

If you're going to make the claim, back it up with facts.  Playing with Donald is not a negative, and it's ridiculous to somehow hold it against him (playing with Darnold is something entirely different).

These are poor, low information takes that don't make much sense. You're railing against a contract you're willfully not understanding; you're calling a player bad when the reality he's better than anyone the Bills currently have rostered.  It's just silly. 

He’s certifiably deranged. He’s  typically only allowed out of the home for a few hours on Sunday, but he escaped yesterday..

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Why only 9 sacks? Is that elite?

Do the word a favor. Go for a swim in a lightning storm.

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Wtf. What does she have to do with anything. Terrible classless cheap shot. Many here disagree with me and I'm fine with that. But geeze your post is very tasteless.

YOU are terribly classless. We ALL disagree with you because you’re clueless and have been from your very 1st post. 🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

Didn't read the whole thread so no idea if this was discussed, but I will take a wild guess on contract structure:

$24M signing bonus spread over 6 years. There will be some other yearly bonuses instead of base salary I am just make it simple for the guess purposes.

Y1 - 4M base salary (8M cap hit)

Y2 - 11M base salary (15M cap hit)

Y3 - 14M base salary (18M cap hit)

Y4 - 17M base salary (21M cap hit, 12M dead cap)

Y5 - 25M base salary (29M cap hit, 8M dead cap)

Y6 - 25M base salary (29M cap hit, 4M dead cap)

That's 120M total, 53M in first 3 years, 70M in first 4. I can imagine signing bonus being a little less, but I doubt its less than 20M.

I think there is going to be second fall-out from this Von Miller signing.  This could be the last year of Edmunds, if he doesnt progress he doesnt get extended.  Cannot make that extension unless he blows up.

As much as I like Edmunds (i think he is a good LBer that is still growing), they might move on from him this year.  Example move him for a 2nd or mulitple picks and address the MIKE with a low end Mike.  Now the ONLY thing that gives me pause on going full speed ahead on the trade is how vital the MIKE is for this defense.  BUT with Allen, Diggs, now Miller and then of course still being SB favs, maybe Bobby Wagner comes cheap and then Edmunds dealt.

And I say this knowing Von is not a MIKE, but cannot pay everyone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think there is going to be second fall-out from this Von Miller signing.  This could be the last year of Edmunds, if he doesnt progress he doesnt get extended.  Cannot make that extension unless he blows up.

As much as I like Edmunds (i think he is a good LBer that is still growing), they might move on from him this year.  Example move him for a 2nd or mulitple picks and address the MIKE with a low end Mike.  Now the ONLY thing that gives me pause on going full speed ahead on the trade is how vital the MIKE is for this defense.  BUT with Allen, Diggs, now Miller and then of course still being SB favs, maybe Bobby Wagner comes cheap and then Edmunds dealt.

And I say this knowing Von is not a MIKE, but cannot pay everyone.

The name you will keep hearing from me until the draft is done? Chad Muma from Wyoming. I know it may not be popular with some, but a 2nd Round pick on this guy would be exactly what we need. He's smart, takes proper angles, a sure tackler (led the NCAA in solo tackles), and has the athleticism to cover in this defense. 

Also, I want us to sign Shaq on the cheap to be the final depth piece to the DL. 

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

The name you will keep hearing from me until the draft is done? Chad Muma from Wyoming. I know it may not be popular with some, but a 2nd Round pick on this guy would be exactly what we need. He's smart, takes proper angles, a sure tackler (led the NCAA in solo tackles), and has the athleticism to cover in this defense. 

Also, I want us to sign Shaq on the cheap to be the final depth piece to the DL. 

Thanks for the name.  Going to dig into him.  As I prep for the draft starting this weekend.

• Like (+1) 1

What I am very interested in is this.  Bills have been a top Defense against the Pass since McD has been here, without a TOP Premier Pass Rusher.  Now I cannot wait to see what this defense looks like with that TOP END passrusher.  McD has not had that since he has been here in terms of his defenses here.  

• Like (+1) 2

Another thing to think about Miller on AVG has been logging about 80-85% of the snaps on defense.  Lets say in a Rotation that drops a bit down to 65%-75% of the defensive stats.  How much longer does that extend his career, I fully understand he could still log his normal percentage but could cut reps for lengthening his career.  I cannot wait to see how this plays out this year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.