Levi Wallace gone to the Steelers on 2-year deal

Roundybout

Just now, ngbills said:

Glad we are close to locking up our 3rd DT in free agency. 

Me too. The game is won and lost in the trenches and our DTs havent exactly been stout (outside of Ed turning it on).

And a good DL will make the DBs that much better by forcing the ball out under duress.

Best to build from the inside-out. Good work, Beane.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Let's be real here. It's #2CB, #3WR, #3LB, #2TE, and #2QB. Could even argue #2 or #3 DE.

No major holes, and we even have guys who could fill some of those roles on the roster already. We're just lacking in depth.

#2 CB in a passing league. #3 WR in a passing league. #2 TE in a passing league. #2 QB in a passing league. #2 or #3 DE in a passing league. 

We have addressed depth at RB, depth at DT, a run blocking G.

I dont like the approach. Not the end of the world but I hope they would have spent some resources early on any of the DB, WR, pass rush, which is consistent with what most world say the biggest needs were. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Let's be real here. It's #2CB, #3WR, #3LB, #2TE, and #2QB. Could even argue #2 or #3 DE.

No major holes, and we even have guys who could fill some of those roles on the roster already. We're just lacking in depth.

Who is playing #2 CB?  Dane Jackson?   What if he is playing CB1 with White missing time?

It is way past time for serious investment at CB.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

4 mil is stones for a #2 DB.  Especially ones who knows our system 

We didn’t want him.  Clearly.   

He knows our system but he also needs to be schemed to hide his lack of speed/agility. 

6 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Pretty much a guarantee of CB in round 1, no matter who is available.  It would be a joke rolling into next season with Dane Jackson and Cam Lewis as your CBs with possibility of White missing time or never returning to form.  Don’t like maybe having to bypass good players at other positions and/or reach for CB, but it is a very important position with no answers past White coming off of a major injury.  Would not surprise me it they take two corners in the first 4 rounds.  Unfortunately, likely means that they miss out on some very good WR prospects and probably would be looking at 3rd tier prospects at edge in the 2nd.   That doesn’t even consider the poor situation at DT or interior OL.

Not the best situation for sure.

I expect we will see some vets brought in. The draftniks seem to think there is only one, maybe two cb's with first round grades.

4 minutes ago, Chuck Schick said:

All this from losing out on Levi f'n Wallace???  Who knew?

When your corners are White coming off serious injury, Dane Jackson and Cam Lewis it is a big hole.  Tell me where there is a bigger hole on a team that plays 5 DBs as a base defense.

• Agree 1

It's because he stood 15yds. away from kelce, or anyone, allowing the big gainer before tying fg. Frazier's next. McDermott gets a pass. Worst game ending strategy in the history of nfl. OK, I'm finally over it. Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.