Harrison Phillips to Vikings, 3 year 19.5 million

BillsMafi$

16 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

It’s all a show for him. Great video clips making paper airplanes with inner city kids from Riverside, but when the rubber meets the road, it’s all about dollars for him. Just like countless others. 

Are you a part of any of those organizations?  Curious to know if you have first hand accounts of that’s the case.  

his social media and those that tag him tell a much different story. But I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt if you are involved 

Edited by taglientep

Tough to see Phillips go. But too much $$$ to retain him (But only because of the Cap issues) . Bills defensive line now has some serious holes. The bottom line is that Phillips - Hughes - Addison - Wallace, were all significant contributors to the Bills #1 Defense in 2021, and will soon ALL be gone.  Unfortunately, Rousseau - Basham - Epenesa (And maybe Settle?)are expected to replace these players and have proven zilch. Even if the Bills sign a stud like (Chandler Jones?) that still will not fill the holes of those who left. Bills have much work to do if they are to maintain a solid SB caliber defense.      

Seemed well liked by coaches/players, and involved in alot of great community events.

But on field play, average player.  He had some better moments in the 2nd half of season, perhaps Minny taking a flier on him continuing to develop/stay healthy.  Be curious what the contract details are, as 3 yrs 19.5m could be much different in reality.

I think our staff prioritized physicality, on both lines, as our first few FA signings have much more of that trait than the players being replaced.  Good luck to Harry, but glad we are going in a different direction.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

It’s all a show for him. Great video clips making paper airplanes with inner city kids from Riverside, but when the rubber meets the road, it’s all about dollars for him. Just like countless others. 

Based on what actual evidence?  

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

Dude hitched his wagon to Kyle Williams early on. Good optics, Kyle was a fan favorite.

Harry never lived up to it.

Happy for Harry. Good guy overall, great pay day for him.

Over-sign for Minny. Not worth it IMO.

"Hitched his wagon"?  As if he was the one who manufactured that narrative when drafted?  You give an awful lot of credit to him for drumming that line up.  

That bitterness is quick to materialize with some folks here.  Guy got a life changing payday.  Something he can, I don't know, maybe continue to use to pay it back to whatever community he is in?  Should we resent him for doing great thing in Minnesota next year?

Edited by drab08
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This one hurts, I was a big fan. Availability hurt him a lot, so did that bag of useless Star opting out for a year. Still, I'd prefer having a true 1 tech in DaQuan Jones and the upside of settle to Philips/Butler, it's a wash at the least a decent upgrade at best.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.