2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

3 minutes ago, finn said:

That's an understatement. If we lose Ricky Bates, we're down to Cody Ford and the assistant coaches, with an aging Stafford on the other side ready to pull up lame at any point. 

If we’re relying on Stafford to pass block, our front office has problems beyond fixing lol.

joking aside, I totally agree.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I'd love a WR like Rahan Dotson in Round 1. As could be a slot guy early on and possible successor to Diggs long term.

I think he's gone way before we get to pick.

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Watson will not play in ONE playoff game for Cleveland.  Not one.

Good luck Browns.  

Good luck AFC. Building a powerhouse and a dynasty. 

29 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think he's gone way before we get to pick.

Good luck AFC. Building a powerhouse and a dynasty. 

Perhaps the idea of a “dynasty” will need to be recalibrated or just dropped all together if each of the QBs in the AFC all get a little piece of the pie.

Right now…KC having 4 straight Championship Games at Home is closest thing to a Conference Dynasty.  But their only going 2-2 in those games and 1-1 in Super Bowls dampers the overall dynasty if not out right nullifies it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I think if we can retain Ryan Bates, then our starting line is set and we can wait until the 3rd or later for developmental depth. If we lose Bates, we'll have to take a guy by the 3rd round at the latest.

This is the best way to look at our IOL in relation to the draft and FA. 

32 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

If not Jahan Dotson than I really like CB Kyler Gordon.

Who do you prefer head to head? Dotson or Gordon?

1 hour ago, Tanoros said:

This is the best way to look at our IOL in relation to the draft and FA. 

Who do you prefer head to head? Dotson or Gordon?

I give Dotson a bigger nod as he can be a game breaking WR. I think he can be a slot guy/punt returner early on and develop into a starting outside WR as he plays longer. Toss in we've done well with later CBs.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Sounds like Joey B is taking his destiny into his own hands with all this personal recruiting.  If you can’t even sniff Burrow…really no secondary has shot of stopping their passing attack.

They surely will be tough for the next couple years but then Joe will get 50 million a year and things will even out.  I still think we are better than them right now.  

WR cupboard getting pretty bare, even for prove-it veterans that may want a ring. Jamison Crowder still sitting out there, would be a great Beasley replacement. I also can't believe that sites are ranking Antonio Brown.

Will Fuller to Cleveland is got to be all but guaranteed at this point with Watson. Doesn't worry me too much, but he was still pretty dang good when healthy/not being dumb. 

Could a Sammy reunion happen? Good lord. Never even crossed my mind until now but if you want a potentially cheap, vet receiver with playoff experience...there aren't many better options.

I am mildly concerned about the o-line, more than CB. It we retain Bates and Ike, with Ford, we have three experienced players (and some have suggested Doyle?). Bates is the best of them, but right now none are considered full-time NFL starters and Bates may not be here. "IF" we go into the season with the three of them battling it out for the RG spot, I'm okay with that but not thrilled. They are serviceable. ..... It does not appear there are any FA starters available at price the Bills can pay right now. Thus, drafting someone in round 1 or 2 becomes a priority. Unfortunately, our last 2nd round interior lineman draftee has not worked out, so even that is no guarantee. So yeah, I'm concerned.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

I am mildly concerned about the o-line, more than CB. It we retain Bates and Ike, with Ford, we have three experienced players (and some have suggested Doyle?). Bates is the best of them, but right now none are considered full-time NFL starters and Bates may not be here. "IF" we go into the season with the three of them battling it out for the RG spot, I'm okay with that but not thrilled. They are serviceable. ..... It does not appear there are any FA starters available at price the Bills can pay right now. Thus, drafting someone in round 1 or 2 becomes a priority. Unfortunately, our last 2nd round interior lineman draftee has not worked out, so even that is no guarantee. So yeah, I'm concerned.

The Bills have made some great Free Agency moves so far.  But they still have some BIG holes that need addressing.

Brandon Beane is not usually the type to go into the draft with huge needs leftover.  But then again, he's not usually the type to sign someone like Von Miller.

If the season was to start today:

- Dane Jackson and Cam Lewis would be our #1-2 cornerbacks.  Yikes.  Most aren't expecting Tre White to return until at least October, maybe even November.  So even if we add a 1st Round rookie, this would be a pretty ugly way to start the season.

- Cody Ford would be our unquestioned starter at right guard, without even facing real competition in training camp.  It's very possible we end up losing Ryan Bates (he has interest from three different teams).  

- Isaiah McKenzie would be our full-time starter at slot receiver.  Although he's looked great in limited time, I'm not sure how I feel about that.  Our offense relied heavily on Cole Beasley to draw coverage in the middle of the field and pickup key first downs.  

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

Tea leaves point to an OG at 25. Beane said his priority is to "protect Josh," Saffold appears to be no more than stopgap, and he didn't put a 2nd round tender on Bates. That seems to add up to drafting a guard early. I'm looking for Haden or another vet on a one-year deal at CB, sign a few backup types at guard (one signed today), go OG in the first round, CB in the second, and WR in the third. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, finn said:

Tea leaves point to an OG at 25. Beane said his priority is to "protect Josh," Saffold appears to be no more than stopgap, and he didn't put a 2nd round tender on Bates. That seems to add up to drafting a guard early. I'm looking for Haden or another vet on a one-year deal at CB, sign a few backup types at guard (one signed today), go OG in the first round, CB in the second, and WR in the third. 

No, they dont.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.