2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

37 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Pass blocking you might be right on.  I thought about that as I hit "post", but hands and route running...you need to watch more McKinnon.  Not to mention he's the better runner.

^ Worth the click ^

I’ve watched a lot of mckinnon.  You need to watch more McKissic.  Mckinnon is a fine receiver. I think Mckissic is a better receiver. 

7 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Pass blocking you might be right on.  I thought about that as I hit "post", but hands and route running...you need to watch more McKinnon.  Not to mention he's the better runner.

^ Worth the click ^

I get goosebumps hoping to see an explosive RB on this offense with Josh/Diggs/Davis. Would be almost unstoppable, IMO

• Like (+1) 2

Interesting to see the market at LB. Inside LB just isn’t a position of value as much anymore. Teams are investing more at d-line and the secondary, with a lot of teams playing more base nickel. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/20/plenty-of-inside-linebackers-are-waiting-for-free-agent-opportunities/

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Interesting to see the market at LB. Inside LB just isn’t a position of value as much anymore. Teams are investing more at d-line and the secondary, with a lot of teams playing more base nickel. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/20/plenty-of-inside-linebackers-are-waiting-for-free-agent-opportunities/

100%. Drafting off ball linebackers in the first round leads to having to pay them 13 million on a fifth year option. Off ball linebacker is becoming a position you don’t draft in the first round. Outside of the elite guys, no one else really makes money at that position. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

You should be tired of day 3 RBs by now. Think Wyatt Teller/Trey Smith

James Cook or Pierce Strong will be there in the 4th. Might have to trade up to get one but they have two 6ths still to work with.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Not sure where to put this, but came across it and it seems pretty noteworthy given the wild QB stuff we’ve seen this off-season..

That's very interesting.  Thank you for posting this.  QBs like Josh and Mahomes are rarities, though.  The team as a whole...including QB has to be good enough to compete with their likes.  Thank goodness we got Josh!  Beane and McD saw "it" and ignored the naysayers.  They weren't just taking a flyer.  They knew.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not sure where to put this, but came across it and it seems pretty noteworthy given the wild QB stuff we’ve seen this off-season..

Prisoner of the Moment take … but that’s okay.  More just the way the game flow of that particular game went and showed what those 2 QBs (and many others) can be capable of when the wheels come off during the game.  Not really an indicator of how these 2 QBs are going to play on a consistent basis going forward at all though.

3 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Prisoner of the Moment take … but that’s okay.  More just the way the game flow of that particular game went and showed what those 2 QBs (and many others) can be capable of when the wheels come off during the game.  Not really an indicator of how these 2 QBs are going to play on a consistent basis going forward at all though.

Who else do you believe has that in them?

Of course its not an indicator of consistency, but it is an indicator of an extra gear your QB needs to have in the biggest moments.  

The reason that game is a forever classic is because the high level back and forth play is so rare, even with the elite QBs in the game.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I'm super curious to see what Bobby Wagner eventually signs for.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Who else do you believe has that in them?

Of course its not an indicator of consistency, but it is an indicator of an extra gear your QB needs to have in the biggest moments.  

The reason that game is a forever classic is because the high level back and forth play is so rare, even with the elite QBs in the game.  

The literal back and forth nature of the game felt special (without actually looking into how many other games this  season had similar dueling nature)

But…there have been plenty of games and dozens of QBs who have cranked it into an extra gear in games in 2021, 2020…etc.

I will say that being a “star” in any league gives you a little more attention from the announcers and writers that in effect influence audience opinion.

If you watch the NBA…

No Name player comes off the bench and does an amazing dunk…announcers say “cool”

Lebron, Durant, Giannis do the same exact dunk…announcers say “greatest dunk in history of mankind”

All part of selling the product.  Push the stars.  Mahomes and Allen are stars.  But many other QBs could have executed those TD throws they both made.

43 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The entire country was deprived when the Bills didn't advance. Josh Allen was playing at god level, and he may have ascended to an even higher plane. Even that dweeb critic, who said "Ok, he played great against the Pats, but no way does he repeat that" had to admit he not only continued but played even better. Mahomes, well, we know how that turned out. He was exhausted trying to play at Allen's level and couldn't sustain it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, finn said:

The entire country was deprived when the Bills didn't advance. Josh Allen was playing at god level, and he may have ascended to an even higher plane. Even that dweeb critic, who said "Ok, he played great against the Pats, but no way does he repeat that" had to admit he not only continued but played even better. Mahomes, well, we know how that turned out. He was exhausted trying to play at Allen's level and couldn't sustain it. 

Whenever I see an NFL commercial and Allen is screaming on the sidelines to his teammates in that, now, iconic moment of his.. I’m still legitimately angry.   It still does something visceral to me, knowing how he’s about to be let down.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Whenever I see an NFL commercial and Allen is screaming on the sidelines to his teammates in that, now, iconic moment of his.. I’m still legitimately angry.   It still does something visceral to me, knowing how he’s about to be let down.  

And to think about how angry us as fans were, I think this team (specifically the defense and new special teams coach) must have a massive chip on their shoulders after letting Josh down last year. They know they need to make up for not letting the Bills advance. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.