2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

Fournette doesn't work for me.

He redeemed himself somewhat with the Bucs, and though he's pretty good, he's not that good and he certainly doesn't offer what we were looking for - and rightly so IMO - with McKissic as a pass catcher and someone able to break ankles. Offers a power rush and little else of real worth.

Edited by Simstim
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Simstim said:

Fournette doesn't work for me.

He redeemed himself somewhat with the Bucs, and though he's pretty good, he's not that good and he certainly doesn't offer what we were looking for - and rightly so IMO - with McKissic as a pass catcher and someone able to break ankles. Offers a power rush and little else of real worth.

He’s actually a really good pass catcher out of the backfield. He just wasn’t used that way in Jax.

He caught 69 passes last season. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TOboy said:

He’s actually a really good pass catcher out of the backfield. He just wasn’t used that way in Jax.

That's fair. From what I saw, he seemed to come under the catagory of servicable out of the backfield, rather than excelling in it, but I didn't see him in every game, so I could have a skewed view.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mikemac2001 said:

Damn that doesn’t seem right - 😳

Yep! He seems like he’s been around forever. The dude is a beast! I really think he could be what we’re missing in the running game. But I guess we’ll see what happens. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, TOboy said:

He’s not REALLY good but he’s better than what we have. He was top 3-5 in the league in drop percentage the year before despite being fed simple dump offs all year. 

He’s also seeking top 5 RB money. He almost certainly won’t get that because it’s laughable, but suffice to say he’s looking for more money than we were willing to give McKissic and I think McKissic would have helped us more. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.