2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills starting OL both with and without Bates right now. 

LT Dawkins

LG Saffold 

C Morse

RG Bates

RT Brown 

without Bates

LT Dawkins

LG Saffold

C Morse

RG Mancz

RT Brown 

It might still be Cody Ford at RG with Mancz taking over the Bates' floater role.

40 minutes ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

I hope Cody rejuvenates his career, and wins a starting role. I hate the idea of that being a wasted pick. I guess if he became the backup “floater” it would at least be something 😕

I don't think there is any chance whatsoever. On top of it, he will be a free agent after next year. Talk about a a wasted career. I would rather spend the time developing a younger guy in the draft. But right now, he is the starting RG, which is a problem. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, DasNootz said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33570910/tampa-bay-buccaneers-leonard-fournette-reach-3-year-21-million-deal-sources-say

Fournette back with the Bucs for 3 years $21 million.    I'm not a huge Fournette fan.  I don't think we could swing those figures, and I am fine with buying a budget version in Duke Johnson for this year.

I don't really understand New England's flirtation with Fournette.

Firstly the Cheatriots*** ran the ball very well last year with Damien Harris and Rhamondre Stevenson, both of whom they drafted.

In addition Belichick isn't naive to be manipulated for leverage so what was the point of Fournette's visit to their facilities if they weren't gonna sign him?

Did they really get played?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Is he any worse than Mariota at this point😂   What pure garbage Atlanta has at QB now. Not to mention their WRs (I can’t even name one after Ridley is suspended and Gage left) and their defense is nothing to write home about. They might not win a game. 

Yes, much worse.  

21 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

That “amazing QB draft” sure showed what I preached all along, no one can accurately project QBs. Might as well throw darts at their names on a board. One of the best QB drafts in ages produced one superstar in Allen, one above average starter in Jackson, one average to below average starter in Mayfield, one below average to bottom tier starter in Darnold and one guy who will be out of the league next year in Rosen. The ironic part of it is, a lot of rankings would have had those QBs flipped pre-draft. 

Because so much of it has to do with the team that drafted them putting that QB in a position to succeed.  

23 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Is he any worse than Mariota at this point😂   What pure garbage Atlanta has at QB now. Not to mention their WRs (I can’t even name one after Ridley is suspended and Gage left) and their defense is nothing to write home about. They might not win a game. 

I’d say Rosen is worse, but Mariota is still trash. Falcons gotta be looking at a QB in the 1st round.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I think we would start a rookie over Mancz

If a rookie is added maybe. I personally don’t like a rookie OG next to a second year Brown. Imo he needs a vet inside I personally think it is Bates as I am pretty Bullish on him not going anywhere. 

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If a rookie is added maybe. I personally don’t like a rookie OG next to a second year Brown. Imo he needs a vet inside I personally think it is Bates as I am pretty Bullish on him not going anywhere. 

I would be shocked if Bates didnt return.   Right when he was getting his chance with us.

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would be shocked if Bates didnt return.   Right when he was getting his chance with us.

Right after waiting a long time to get a chance, can’t blame him for looking around.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The Hollister situation last year was weird to me. I thought he looked good and then he was cut and we played the entire season with pretty much no #2 tight end. Plus he had that connection with Josh. Good luck to him. 

Wasn't that outrageous. It was more confusing than anything else But c/w how this regime works. They value their own and Sweeney was an unknown given his OCVID issues and he flashed a little in his rookie year.  I would have kept Hollister and cut Gilliam.  But then again I would have kept just about any player over Gilliam.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.