2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

I am predicting Levi Wallace back with the Bills in the next 24 hours.

It really is amazing how soft his market is yearly, and goes to show that the league likely thinks the same that McD defense is very CB friendly.

Edited by MAJBobby

7 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

So, apparently, Watson personally contacted Atlanta:

It’s legitimately hilarious that Watson’s top priorities are reportedly OLine, defense, and head coach and the teams he’s seemingly narrowed it down to are Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, and Cleveland. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I'm feeling that too. He's listening to offers rn, but the Bills should be competitive.

I think fans should be realizing that CBs from Bills are going to be undervalued because McD defense is a CB friendly defense 

4 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Is he any good?

He was a role player when he was with the 49ers but started the last two years for the Seahawks and is also a special teams contributor. He's only 25 and the Jest are banking on his potential. They gave him $33 million but I'm not surer how much of it is guaranteed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I think fans should be realizing that CBs from Bills are going to be undervalued because McD defense is a CB friendly defense 

Maybe, but I think in this case he's just not flashy stat guy. He's just solid. GMs (like ours) are probably happy with him if the cost is low. I think he's finding that out 2 years in a row now.

1 hour ago, junior said:

So Gregory was close to a deal with the Broncos, Jerry recruited him back to Dallas/came to an agreement, Dallas changed the agreement, then Gregory signed with Denver?

Stephen Jones can do this since has power of attorney because of Jereh's Alzheimer's.

21 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am predicting Levi Wallace back with the Bills in the next 24 hours.

It really is amazing how soft his market is yearly, and goes to show that the league likely thinks the same that McD defense is very CB friendly.

I think teams look at him as a product of McDermott's scheme.    Josh Norman, James Bradberry, Darryl Worley, Tre Boston, and Captain Munnerlyn are all guys who played their best football under McDermott, made money in free agency and then failed to live up to their contracts.    I imagine teams dont want to repeat that history.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think teams look at him as a product of McDermott's scheme.    Josh Norman, James Bradberry, Darryl Worley, Tre Boston, and Captain Munnerlyn are all guys who played their best football under McDermott, made money in free agency and then failed to live up to their contracts.    I imagine teams dont want to repeat that history.

Well teams should sign zone CBs and keep playing them in zone defenses. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

They seem to be suffering a few losses this off-season. Only reason I was mildly surprised to see Brady returning to Tampa. 

It was bound to happen but they should still be one of the main contenders in the NFC. 

14 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

And the No QB and HC retired saints. Keep kicking Their Salary cap issues down the road. They need to admit ok time for a rebuild and to get our cap right. 

horrible management happening with the Saints. 

6 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

A lowkey good move. 

Considering Christian Kirk, a nobody in comparison to Adams really, just got a contract that could earn him $21M per season? Definitely a good move....... As I say this cringing and thinking about Diggs. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Considering Christian Kirk, a nobody in comparison to Adams really, just got a contract that could earn him $21M per season? Definitely a good move....... As I say this cringing and thinking about Diggs. 

Even more reason to draft one this season. Getting a bit too expensive to keep a top QB and top WR. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.