Russell Wilson traded to the Broncos

Process

Am I the only one thinks Wilson tries to play hero ball to often? Whenever I watched him he was always running around trying make that big play happen instead of taking the quick open shot.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the broncos regressed with him.  

• Disagree 1

50 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

You haven't watched the Broncos at all, have you?

I have. They are not close to the team that Brady or Stafford joined. You believe differently, time will tell. It’s SB victory or bust with Wilson/Broncos. Wilson is not a difference maker at the position & anything short of that is failure when you give up 3 players, two #1’s & two #2’s.

54 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Am I the only one thinks Wilson tries to play hero ball to often? Whenever I watched him he was always running around trying make that big play happen instead of taking the quick open shot.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the broncos regressed with him.  

That's a biproduct of playing behind a garbage oline which Seattle has had around him most of his time there minus the dominant SB years.

Denver's oline looks to be an sizable upgrade on paper.

2 hours ago, Beerball said:

I have. They are not close to the team that Brady or Stafford joined. You believe differently, time will tell. It’s SB victory or bust with Wilson/Broncos. Wilson is not a difference maker at the position & anything short of that is failure when you give up 3 players, two #1’s & two #2’s.

With the rushing attack they have, I believe they already have a leg up on most of the league.  I am also of the belief that their WR corps was severely hamstrung by below average QB play.  I really like Sutton, Jeudy and Patrick as a trio.  

Time will tell, but don't be surprised when they run through some contenders this season.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

You shouldn’t be surprised nor make excuses when they don’t 

I have no reason to make excuses for Denver.  I just like the fit and see the potential.

This whole scenario is weird. I understand Russ wanted out, but trading an elite QB is wild, knowing how difficult it is to acquire another.  It could be a decades long wait.

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

With the rushing attack they have, I believe they already have a leg up on most of the league.  I am also of the belief that their WR corps was severely hamstrung by below average QB play.  I really like Sutton, Jeudy and Patrick as a trio.  

Time will tell, but don't be surprised when they run through some contenders this season.

Running through contenders doesn’t cut it, just like GB w what they’re paying AR, anything less than a SB win is not good enough. The price paid is too high to settle for “made the playoffs.” IMO

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

This is a complete fleece job by the Seahawks.  All that for a 33 year old QB who looked awful last year with two prow bowl WR’s and a great RB.  

Remember the first half of 2020 (I know, I know, that's like a year and half ago) when Russell was the favorite to win the MVP?

Yes, my eyes tell me he's lost a bit - particularly that evasiveness that allowed him to extend plays - but he's not at all old by modern QB standards, and I'm guessing he has plenty left in the tank. The Broncs O line is solid, Javonte Williams is his new Marshawn, and there's some playmakers there (Albert O. at TE, Sutton, Hamler if he's healthy, Jeudy if he can hold onto the damn ball). I don't know that it all works like it did with Peyton and Brady and Stafford, but it'll be pretty damn interesting to watch.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Please.

Even the Texans aren't stupid enough to say to themselves, "OK, we've got an asset and he wants go somewhere else. Our best move is to destroy the value of that asset so we get nothing in return!! Damn, I'm like Lex Luthor over here, an evil genius!!"

That idea  absolutely zero validity, and even less sense.

Have you seen the egos of the elite ???

if they really cared about winning that would have built a better a team team around him instead of trading players away.

10 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Remember the first half of 2020 (I know, I know, that's like a year and half ago) when Russell was the favorite to win the MVP?

Yes, my eyes tell me he's lost a bit - particularly that evasiveness that allowed him to extend plays - but he's not at all old by modern QB standards, and I'm guessing he has plenty left in the tank. The Broncs O line is solid, Javonte Williams is his new Marshawn, and there's some playmakers there (Albert O. at TE, Sutton, Hamler if he's healthy, Jeudy if he can hold onto the damn ball). I don't know that it all works like it did with Peyton and Brady and Stafford, but it'll be pretty damn interesting to watch.

I agree with this…look, neither of these teams was going anywhere, so why the hell not? Denver goes from a snooze fest to a fun team to watch, and Seattle gets 2 or 3 new starters plus a ton of premium picks to help their rebuild…

Edited by mannc

On 3/8/2022 at 10:30 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I heard from a knowledgeable source that Washington and Philly both offered more than the Broncos.  Wilson would not waive his No Trade Clause for them.  He wanted to go to Denver so Seattle got what they could from them. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.