Stafford / Cousins both looking for new $40-45 million / yr contracts

Inigo Montoya

On 3/7/2022 at 1:17 PM, eSJayDee said:

I don't think it's unreasonable for Stafford to ask for something in that area.  He's been a very good QB for along time & just won a SB.  Cousins...😆

Despite his relatively poor tight window accuracy, including 1 TD to 8 INTs this past season.

On 3/7/2022 at 1:12 PM, NewEra said:

Kirk cousins making 40M+

i remember back in the day when baseball salaries outstripped other sports, people would talk about how an all star getting whatever was ok, but a left handed 2nd baseman w .209 batting and 6/23 HR and RBIs getting 2mil a year (which was a lot of money at the time) makes no sense is why payrolls blew up.

Cousins is the transubstantiation of the generic just above average guy cashing out like a maniac.  he's good at somethings, not good at others, and doesn't have the upside of the young guns which really puts him right at like 16 of 32 starters.  from a football fan perspective, he's as dull as a rainy day in the north of england, but as a statistically interested person, he's the perfect player!

On 3/7/2022 at 4:12 PM, JaCrispy said:

Can you imagine trying to give him an extension after the last two games he played?!?! We certainly lucked out on that one....

Beane gambled and it paid off...👍

broooo, imagine if we let him walk?  he'd have gotten an aaron rogers contract, but longer.

5 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Cousins would be a great fit in San Fran.  He's enough of an upgrade that he just might get them over the hump.

i wrote my above before seeing this, and i think you might be bang on here.  the legend of cousins carries on unabated!

• Like (+1) 2

If Cousins gets $40-45 a year, how much is Lamar Jackson going to ask for?  It's going to be impossible for Baltimore to offer Jackson less than Cousins is making.  I hope Cousins gets $45 a year to really put the Ravens in a box.

13 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

If Cousins gets $40-45 a year, how much is Lamar Jackson going to ask for?  It's going to be impossible for Baltimore to offer Jackson less than Cousins is making.  I hope Cousins gets $45 a year to really put the Ravens in a box.

they get the going rate. If Cousins gets $40-45 doesn't mean Jackson gets $60

35 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Is this the only actor in Hollywood working?!  Can't swing a released NFLer without hitting J.K. Simmons.

You can tell I’m a fan of J.K. Simmons. Really liked his dual work in Counterpart. Too bad Counterpart only lasted two seasons, it was a great show.

Ah yes, that great leader of men, women and children, Cousins. 

He has the best agent in football. Find a desperate coach, offer and arm and arrogance, over pay him. Soon nobody else wants to play for you.

Cousins and Wentz are 2 of worst leaders at the QB position.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.