FA Target Wishlist - Cordarrelle Patterson

Virgil

Even at age 31, I would love to see us make a run at Patterson.  I think he'd fit perfectly into this offense and can absorb the roles of different players.  He can line up in the backfield on 3rd and long, he can run the sweeps, and return kicks.  He brings speed with him that has to be respected.

I can't see him fetching a huge price on the market and I know he wants to sign with the Falcons.  Also, there's been absolutely nothing linking him to the Bills.

With all of that, I hope we make an attempt if he hits the open market.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Agree 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

So many higher priorities.

And with 1100 yards from scrimmage last year, I think he's going to get quite a bit more than you think.

It's not like I'd mind but we have so many more urgent needs and so little money to spend, I think he's a bad use of resources.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Agreed on Patterson.

Another ideal FA target: WR Christian Kirk

He fills 3 vacant spots with just his 1.

- WR Mckenzie is gone

- WR Sanders is gone

- Cut WR Beasley, save money on the cap

Roughly 80% of Kirk's snaps in 2021 came out of the slot. In 1 player, Kirk would be replacing the 3 dudes above. With Diggs and Davis cemented as the 2 outside WRs, Kirk slots in perfectly as the slot receiver. He adds an explosive element from the slot. It's a great match/fit. 

You don't save money on the cap by cutting bease if his replacement has like double the cap hit.  

I’d love Patterson too. We need playmakers and he’s definitely a playmaker. Can lineup @ RB, WR and is possibly the best return man in the game.  

Maybe he takes less to join a winner?  Spotrac has him at over 9M aav.  No way we pay him close to that much imo.  doubt he becomes a bill

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Even at age 31, I would love to see us make a run at Patterson.  I think he'd fit perfectly into this offense and can absorb the roles of different players.  He can line up in the backfield on 3rd and long, he can run the sweeps, and return kicks.  He brings speed with him that has to be respected.

I can't see him fetching a huge price on the market and I know he wants to sign with the Falcons.  Also, there's been absolutely nothing linking him to the Bills.

I like patterson - but 8-10M for a gadget RB/WR/KR is a lot.  He also doesn't return punts which means Hyde? Or a new WR/DB that isn't on the roster yet.

D’Onta Foreman to pair with Singletary.  Can probably get him fairly cheap.  Patterson would be nice too cause he can spell Singletary and take the return duties.  

Foreman and Berrios for the offense.  Releasing Cole and signing Berrios should pretty much be a wash and getting much younger at the slot WR

Edited by CaptnCoke11

If McKenzie decides grass is greener elsewhere and we want to move on from Beasley, how about Braxton Berrios from the Jets?  Fills slot role, jet sweep role, kick returner role, plus weakens division opponent.  No idea what he would cost on the open market.  Would it make sense to approach a guy like this and say, "play one year on a below market deal with Josh and you'll hit the open market next year and make a fortune."

7 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

D’Onta Foreman to pair with Singletary.  Can probably get him fairly cheap.  Patterson would be nice too cause he can spell Singletary and take the return duties. 

Was just going to say Foreman.  

6 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

If McKenzie decides grass is greener elsewhere and we want to move on from Beasley, how about Braxton Berrios from the Jets?  Fills slot role, jet sweep role, kick returner role, plus weakens division opponent.  No idea what he would cost on the open market.  Would it make sense to approach a guy like this and say, "play one year on a below market deal with Josh and you'll hit the open market next year and make a fortune."

That's a lot like Belichick singing Weller from the Dolphins. 

Josh would certainly elevate his game.

55 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Honestly, I would suggest that his close friendship with Diggs may link him here. 

Leslie Frazier was also Head Coach of the Vikings when he was drafted there.

He's also over 30. McBeane love bringing in those players. Go for it!

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I like patterson - but 8-10M for a gadget RB/WR/KR is a lot.  He also doesn't return punts which means Hyde? Or a new WR/DB that isn't on the roster yet.

he signed for $3m with Falcons for 2021.   He will want more for 2022, but thats a pretty low starting place

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I would like to see him come here too. He is 31, but a young 31 by NFL standards. He's only has 836 touches in his 9 year career. 320 carries, 268 catches and 258 returns.

Donte Jackson. His projection is roughly ten mil per year. He has the speed and willingness to tackle that would be ideal in this vanilla defense. 

The LSU tandem of White and Jackson would be light years ahead of what we just watched a few weeks ago. 

Signing a starting corner would give the Bills tons of flexibility come draft day. If A top notch offensive player slides down the board I think that would make it harder for McD and Beane to justify taking another defender and ignoring OLINE or WR. 

I'd rather the focus be on defense through FA and the draft more offensive. A pass rusher, DT and CB through FA... OL, speed WR etc. in the draft would be my preference imo. I like Patterson he's one of those multi-talented players but his cap hit would be too rich for my blood, I think you could find players like this late, I think Tarik Cohen/Darnell Mooney types late in the draft.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.