Ken Dorsey Promoted to OC

Mopreme

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Just because we run Josh doesnt mean he's taking big hits. Quite the opposite actually. Dude is juking players out of their cleats, getting down or out of bounds, and even when he is tackled isnt taking big shots. More defenders have been injured trying to tackle Josh, than Josh has been injured getting tackled.

Sure the risk is always there, but I think you are overplaying it a bit. We should always have Josh's running abilities as an option. It creates mismatches, and keeps the D thinking.

Just Stop...."Quite the opposite" ?!?!

The more runs he takes...The shorter his effective career will be and the greater chance of him breaking his collarbone - like say...he did in college...on a run...

Edited by TH3
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Jerry Seinfeld Applause GIF

In all seriousness...for the sake of continuity, and if this is what Josh wanted, and if this is who the notoriously meticulous Beane and McDermott think is best for the job...then I'm all for it.

Seems like a bright guy that brings great energy to the sidelines and has a great relationship with Josh.

Is it too much to hope for that he somehow installs a reasonable screen game? It's probably too much, right? I'll pump the brakes.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Ya...I think I read that in a Harvard Business Case in grad school...."Let your employees run the show" 

I hardly think they promoted Dorsey simply because Allen was an advocate. If you know anything about McDermott and Beane, you have to know they have been anticiapating this for the last two years and, I'm sure, evaluated all their options and made the decision they felt was best for the team. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I'm interested to know if they hired Dorsey because he was the best one for the job or because JA wanted him.  Perhaps it was a combination of both.  

Still, players have more say in the direction of coaching hires and free agent signings.  

At the same time, the easy hire isn't always the best.  These jobs aren't about checking boxes...but we'll see how it goes. 

The Bills might see Dorsey as the best person for the situation who can also, possibly, do the job.  I’m interested to see how much he might change things or if he would keep Daboll’s playbook.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I havent seen a better option proposed in any of the threads or articles. It's slim pickins out there with everyone after young Offensive-minded coaches. Heck, Mike Shula's name was thrown around. 🤮

Any better ideas you know of?

Mike Shula is kind of young...I was hoping they'd interview Mike Ditka or see if they could get Tom Moore from Tampa Bay now that Brady is retired.  :lol:

6 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

At this point does it matter?  Allen is the franchise.  He wants his Qb coach as the Oc make it happen.  Keep him happy.

It'd help if people knew what the OC does outside of game-day and calling in the plays.  He's using advanced scouting reports and analytics to build a game-plan within the HC's overall plan for the opponent, coordinating with position coaches, etc.  

Maybe Dorsey's good at that and ready for the promotion.  The OC hire is not limited to keeping the QB happy...this hire reflects directly on the HC making the decision to promote from within. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Just Stop...."Quite the opposite" ?!?!

The more runs he takes...The shorter his effective career will be and the greater chance of him breaking his collerbone - like say...he did in college...on a run...

TH3 I hear you. I think about #17 and risk of injury on each and every hit he takes I get it. But he is a SMART man as well as physically gifted. He has learned to slide, I think that aspect of his maturation needs stating as well...... he is a BIG Firebaugh Cali farm boy FAST and tough as they come. #17 will never wear a skirt out there that's for sure. The last thing HE is (vs say a tom brady)  is a prima donna..I love that about him. TOUGH.  I agree with @DrDawkinstein's post.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'd think that would go more to the new QB coach.

We all love Hall, but he seems like more of a technique guy who is a great positional coach, than an Xs and Os guy who is drawing up plays and calling them.

Gotta learn somehow...

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

Jerry Seinfeld Applause GIF

In all seriousness...for the sake of continuity, and if this is what Josh wanted, and if this is who the notoriously meticulous Beane and McDermott think is best for the job...then I'm all for it.

Seems like a bright guy that brings great energy to the sidelines and has a great relationship with Josh.

Is it too much to hope for that he somehow installs a reasonable screen game? It's probably too much, right? I'll pump the brakes.

write Dorsey a letter Logic Im not even kidding. It couldn't hurt.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.