Jim Harbaugh expected to take Dolphins job over Minnesota. (Update) Mike McDaniel now is the possible front runner for Miami

BuffaloBills1998

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

Oh, I never said it was a bad move.  Depending on how he rubs people (considering what got Flores fired).  He's a better coach than what they've had, presuming he can pick up where he left off in the NFL.  But I'm not overly concerned.  With an elite QB like Josh it makes it harder for them.

We split with NE this year who had Mac Fn Jones. Sorry but coaching concerns me lol

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Well, if there are any more 50 MPH wind games...

We play outdoors in Buffalo so yes, we will have plenty more games in poor weather.  We got comically outcoached that game. 

We can't play in Buffalo and blame the weather, brother.

Saying we need to "fix" the #1 defense is ignoring the actual problem IMO.

Edited by ArtVandalay

2 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

We play outdoors in Buffalo so yes, we will have plenty more games in poor weather.  We got comically outcoached that game. 

We can't play in Buffalo and blame the weather, brother.

Saying we need to "fix" the #1 defense is ignoring the actual problem IMO.

I can't recall the last time the wind was that bad.  Been decades.  But the players themselves played a big part in losing that game.  Drops, fumbles, etc.  It was only a 4 point loss.

As for coaching, I said that McD gets a couple more years to get a SB win.  I'd still like to know who called the defense during that last 13 seconds. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, dma0034 said:

That sucks. I think Jim is a good coach

Yeah, he’s a good coach but not so much to worry about him taking over the Dolphins.  How many Super Bowls did he win? Zero.  How many national titles as a college coach? Zero.

I’ve been kind of surprised he lasted at Michigan since, until this season, he never beat Ohio St.  He also seems to get antsy after 3 or 4 years.   He makes the College Football Playoffs for the first time and then decides it’s time to go back to the NFL?

9 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

If you asked me if I would be willing to trade McDermott and Frazier for Harbaugh and Fangio, I would say yes every time.

In all fairness, you say a lot of crazy *****. 

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bowdcwtjgfqsn5016lj

Harbaugh has a better record, better postseason success, with inferior QBs, and won double the challenges with one less year. 

It's not even really an argument.  He's had more success better track record with less lol... unless you want to tell me regular season record and post season success don't matter...

Edited by ArtVandalay

4 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Yeah, he’s a good coach but not so much to worry about him taking over the Dolphins.  How many Super Bowls did he win? Zero.  How many national titles as a college coach? Zero.

I’ve been kind of surprised he lasted at Michigan since, until this season, he never beat Ohio St.  He also seems to get antsy after 3 or 4 years.   He makes the College Football Playoffs for the first time and then decides it’s time to go back to the NFL?

Way too many people are forgetting what he did at Stanford. He took over a weak program and within 4 seasons got them to 12-1 and won a blowout in the Orange Bowl (against Tyrod Taylor, actually). He was an incredible coach at the University of San Diego (D2) as well, taking over a moribund program and going 11-1 in both of his final two years there.

Finally, it’s as if people don’t realize he was good at Michigan. Excluding the covid season, he went 10-3, 10-3, 8-5, 10-3, 9-4, and 12-2 (59-19 overall). Yes, he lost to Ohio State, but that was a function of talent. Ohio State has more than anyone else outside of Alabama.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Way too many people are forgetting what he did at Stanford. He took over a weak program and within 4 seasons got them to 12-1 and won a blowout in the Orange Bowl (against Tyrod Taylor, actually). He was an incredible coach at the University of San Diego (D2) as well, taking over a moribund program and going 11-1 in both of his final two years there.

Finally, it’s as if people don’t realize he was good at Michigan. Excluding the covid season, he went 10-3, 10-3, 8-5, 10-3, 9-4, and 12-2 (59-19 overall). Yes, he lost to Ohio State, but that was a function of talent. Ohio State has more than anyone else outside of Alabama.

Yeah, people always just throw out the "He lost to Ohio State" while completely ignoring that Ohio State has had a huge recruiting lead for years now, mainly due to the Rodriguez/Hoke down years and underachieving.  Harbaugh hasn't been perfect by any means, but he has greatly improved the teams since he arrived.  His main downside was his loyalty to Don Brown.  Once he replaced him, the defense matched up a lot better to spread/speed teams.

• Like (+1) 1