Gunner's 2022 Mock Draft (v3 and FINAL - p.17!!)

GunnerBill

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He did struggle mightily in the senior bowl practices and I agree he isn't their kind of RAS profile. But their holes at the moment are RG and CB2. I am not sure they can get out of the first two rounds with either addressed.

I’m not a RB in the top 3 guy, but Kenny Walker on the board at 57 was kinda sticking out for me. I can see them try to pop 3 or 4 spots to get Hall potentially.

To all those saying the Bills need a corner, I 100% agree. But McDuffie and McCreary with their alligator arms are reaches and questionable fits for a zone scheme. While I think Kyler Gordon is a back half of round 1 talent the consensus seems to disagree. 

So what do the Bills do if the top 3 corners are off the board by #25? Trade up to get one? Trade back to take one of the second tier guys where value fits better? Possibly. Brandon Beane says he is strict BPA. If that is true I very much doubt a corner ends up being that at #25 or #57. 

I think a corner is a major need and indeed that is the position I ultimately think the Bills end up taking in the 1st. But to do so either they reach or they move around the board. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He did struggle mightily in the senior bowl practices and I agree he isn't their kind of RAS profile. But their holes at the moment are RG and CB2. I am not sure they can get out of the first two rounds with either addressed.

Do you actually have Kinnard graded higher than Cole Strange? He fits the Bills profile with the high RAS. I would want him over Kinnard, personally.

7 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

This seems very Beane like, what are your thoughts on filling the CB position?  It does appear to be a bit tenuous at present, 

What also seems Beane like is to save have a reasonable solution plugged in before the draft. 

Would not be shocked if we clear some more cap for a 1-2 year deal for Peterson/Gilmore or Bradberry release in order to give them more flexibility on draft day. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Do you actually have Kinnard graded higher than Cole Strange? He fits the Bills profile with the high RAS. I would want him over Kinnard, personally.

So I haven't got three games of Strange tape at the moment which means he doesn't have a grade on my board. In terms of suitability for the Bills it depends what we are running. I thought we were going to more of a gap scheme which we had success with later in the 2021 season but the Saffold signing makes me doubt that. Strange looks very scheme specific from the bits I have seen. If you are drafting him for a zone blocking scheme, great. If you are gonna be a gap / man team then Strange is going to struggle IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

To all those saying the Bills need a corner, I 100% agree. But McDuffie and McCreary with their alligator arms are reaches and questionable fits for a zone scheme. While I think Kyler Gordon is a back half of round 1 talent the consensus seems to disagree. 

So what do the Bills do if the top 3 corners are off the board by #25? Trade up to get one? Trade back to take one of the second tier guys where value fits better? Possibly. Brandon Beane says he is strict BPA. If that is true I very much doubt a corner ends up being that at #25 or #57. 

I think a corner is a major need and indeed that is the position I ultimately think the Bills end up taking in the 1st. But to do so either they reach or they move around the board. 

This could be a year where Beane does a lot of wheeling and dealing to move around and match their few needs with value? 

2 minutes ago, TPS said:

This could be a year where Beane does a lot of wheeling and dealing to move around and match their few needs with value? 

I absolutely think that the fact that two of Beane's draft picks got poached off the practice squad last year burns him up. He loves his draft picks, and for two of them -- at the very positions at which the Bills are currently deficient -- to get taken away surely pisses him off.

With this fresh in mind, I do not expect him to draft 8 players. I expect him to move around the draft and select 5 or 6.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No offense gunner, but I can’t see any chance the Bills don’t take a CB in first 2 rounds unless they sign a starting caliber CB before the draft who has some speed.  Personally, I think we might take 2 in the first 4 or 5 rounds.

Im hoping we do sign someone ahead of the draft, and I don’t mean a bench guy, someone capable of being at least a decent starter.  

But right now, we basically have Dane Jackson with a little starting experience, and that’s it.  Tre is still a question mark on when he will be ready, might not be back until sometime into the season.  And even then, might be a while before he finds his form again.  

The CB cupboard is bare, and not only is that an issue, but we now have 2 of the fastest receivers in the game in Miami with Hill and Waddle to go along with Wilson, Gisicki, Edmonds, and Mostert.  People can say what they want about Tua, but you don’t have to be a great QB to hit one of these guys in a short slant.

And the AFC now is loaded with top QBs who all have a lot of weapons.  

We absolutely need to add corners and speed.  It’s probable Tre will play a bit slower after returning and Dane isn’t a burner either. 

I agree 

McDuffie @ 25

McCollum @ 168

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Simple in your scenario they take Martin Emerson at CB. The best of the next tier who is long with long arms and has the ability to fit in a zone and man scheme. There is your answer. I would disagree with your McDuffie assessment in regards to fit but I wont fight it in this specific exercise. The answer is Emerson instead of Kinnard. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Simple in your scenario they take Martin Emerson at CB. The best of the next tier who is long with long arms and has the ability to fit in a zone and man scheme. There is your answer. I would disagree with your McDuffie assessment in regards to fit but I wont fight it in this specific exercise. The answer is Emerson instead of Kinnard. 

Yea that is a possibility. I have the same sort of grade on them so Emerson could be the answer. 

15 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree 

McDuffie @ 25

McCollum @ 168

McDuffie at #25 to play in this D is a move I would not love. I wouldn't hate it, but passing on a Chris Olave for a Trent McDuffie is a reach for need in my eyes. 

Trent McDuffie and Chris Olave both being on the board at #25 is an ideal situation for us. However, I think they'd go McDuffie over Olave and wait until Round 2 or 3 for WR. Also, I see no way we can afford to wait until Round 3 for CB with Tre most likely not ready Week 1 and after losing Levi Wallace (who we were looking to upgrade from).

And I really don't see SEVEN WR's going between our 1st and 2nd pick. Even if they did, not selecting Olave would push Metchie to us in your draft. Would much rather go McDuffie 1, Metchie 2.

As for OG - I wouldn't select one higher than Round 3. Even if we don't retain Bates, I think we'd bring in a veteran there on a bargain deal for RG. Even Saffold was just a 4.2 million cap hit. I'd bet we could land one later in FA for the 2.5 we tied up in the Bates tender. Certainly a lot easier to get a cheap quality OG then it is a starting CB. Then it's developmental depth in the Draft at OG, No higher than Round 3 or 4.

Also - I'm not in the Draft a RB in Round 1 camp. But if Kenneth Walker is still on the board in Round 2 and we've gotten our CB in Round 1... man, I gotta give that some serious thought. Especially with Singletary and Duke Johnson both on one year deals.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

39 minutes ago, Logic said:

I absolutely think that the fact that two of Beane's draft picks got poached off the practice squad last year burns him up. He loves his draft picks, and for two of them -- at the very positions at which the Bills are currently deficient -- to get taken away surely pisses him off.

With this fresh in mind, I do not expect him to draft 8 players. I expect him to move around the draft and select 5 or 6.

Yeah, Anderson seemed like a good IOL prospect.  Who was the other?

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Chris Simms thinks Matt Corral should and will be the first QB off the board. He is one of the few QB evaluators I completely trust and he is locked into what teams are looking for. I think he could be a surprise pick at #2.

I think the Lions would go with a trade down before reaching at pick 2 but QB's always shoot up boards. Honestly if I am the Lions I just don't "force" a QB decision this year. You have two firsts next year so you can trade up for a QB in what will likely be a better QB class.

19 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

However, I think they'd go McDuffie over Olave and wait until Round 2 or 3 for WR.

McDuffie's arm length is a real concern. Joe Marino pointed out today there hasn't been an all-pro CB in over a decade with under 30" arms. Only 3 all-pros under 32" arms. It's something NFL teams value, the Bills under McDermott in particular.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.