Tom Brady retiring

Dablitzkrieg

1 minute ago, JROC INTEL said:

I don’t understand why Tom can’t just send out a tweet and clear everything up.

I think he loves the drama and just can’t stand the thought of not being relevant.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I agree.  

If you want to say he had the best career ever I'll entertain that because of longevity.  But at their absolute peak, the best they ever were, of the Modern QB's I'll take peak Manning over Peak Brady.  They were close, but I have never seen a QB in control of a game and dismantle any defense as good as Manning at his peak.  As far as comparing him to other QBs from different times, to me that is only guessing so I stay away from doing that.  

Manning was a great field general.  Did so with a lot of flair, whereas TB was more ice.  Manning absolutely belongs in the conversation.

As for older QB’s I’d have to say Montana was the best ever.  Ice in his veins, first QB to run the killer “West coast offense”.  Mobile, great arm and was fantastic at last drive wins.

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Tom Brady considering retiring?
  • Simon unpinned this topic
  • Simon changed the title to Tom Brady retiring?
21 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I think he loves the drama and just can’t stand the thought of not being relevant.

I was actually going to credit the guy with retiring without a huge fuss, but I guess he'll probably wait until Super Bowl week, maybe draft week, to get the most attention

7 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I was actually going to credit the guy with retiring without a huge fuss, but I guess he'll probably wait until Super Bowl week, maybe draft week, to get the most attention

I can see it now from draft HQ, Brady being a two day guest: "I don't care if Fitzpatrick went to Harvard, I didn't get drafted until the sixth round!"

3 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Dude is a complete attention *****. He has to try and overshadow the playoffs and make it all about him. 

to be fair, once he retires, whenever that is, it will be a huge story.  He's not attention seeking, it would be major news 

Don’t forget how many times Favre “retired”  :w00t:…have we really seen the end of TB12 even if he does announce it himself from behind a lecturn? Just sayin’ with the type of drive he has, all he needs is to get a call from a QB needy contender next year and we may be staring him down again.

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

I agree.  

If you want to say he had the best career ever I'll entertain that because of longevity.  But at their absolute peak, the best they ever were, of the Modern QB's I'll take peak Manning over Peak Brady.  They were close, but I have never seen a QB in control of a game and dismantle any defense as good as Manning at his peak.  As far as comparing him to other QBs from different times, to me that is only guessing so I stay away from doing that.  

Yeah I would say Brady had the best career but IMO Peyton and Rodgers were better QBs. They just didn’t enjoy the team success that Brady did. It’s all splitting hairs though. They’re all incredible. 

Edited by DCOrange