Tom Brady retiring

Dablitzkrieg

4 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs are calling him asking what it would take to get one more year from him. He originally wanted to play until he was 45. That's only one more season

Hes going to need as many seasons as possible to keep Allen from breaking his records. 🥰

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

A remarkable legendary qb who I will not miss. Nor all the favoratism calls and cheating that existed. Thank God, now go away Marsha.

Well until he actually isn't on a nfl roster opening day 2022 I'm not gonna rule out the possibility that he's just doing the retirement route so he can get released and maybe get 49ers to sign him.  Maybe AB rubbed off on TB12 somewhat? 

Of course, it's very possible and probable that Giselle is demanding he retire.  She obviously has the final say in that relationship.  Brady credits her with her witchery with altars and whatnot -- all she'd have to do is say she won't do her voodoo stuff and now that he's drawing PF for whinging at a non-call RTP that had his lip bleed he doesn't wanna be taking the hits at 45 after all.  Playing when the refs got your back is totally different than when they may let some borderline stuff go.  

I could see either as being what transpires so until it actually happens I really don't even care either way. I'd have liked to see Josh win his first SB by just outplaying Brady on whatever nfc team he plays on if he isn't really retiring.  I'll enjoy all Josh Allens playoff success even if his Sb wins aren't against Brady. 

Edited by AuntieEm

Tom Brady has millions of reasons to extend his career just another week

According to Spotrac, $15 million of Brady’s $20 million signing bonus was deferred to Feb. 4, 2022. If Brady retires before Friday, he will give up the bonus money. Should Brady decide to continue to the 2022 season, Spotrac notes his entire salary would be guaranteed but voided if he decides to retire.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/tom-brady-millions-reasons-extend-career-another-week

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs are calling him asking what it would take to get one more year from him. He originally wanted to play until he was 45. That's only one more season

One thing’s for sure: The Bucs have no back up plan if Brady quits. They are screwed.

16 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Ah so I'm gonna guess on February 5 it becomes official. Someone broke the news earlier than Brady wanted.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted the rumor leaked this weekend in order to be in the spotlight during the conference championship games, and the official announcement will happen just prior to the Super Bowl, just so they'll be talking about him even though he's not playing.

If he can't go out with another ring, he wants to go out with as much fanfare as he can get.

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Sorry. Let’s make Tahmy happy again:

0A7C1A0D-002A-4619-B04B-98D172731ECC.jpeg

Goofus says "Tom Brady is a cheating, conniving bum!"

Gallant says "He's the GOAT!"  
Goofus says "Yes, I just said the same thing, but differently."

Gallant says "I should go spread cheer in the 'should be leaving for the stadium' thread."

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Needed more.
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, ALF said:

Tom Brady has millions of reasons to extend his career just another week

According to Spotrac, $15 million of Brady’s $20 million signing bonus was deferred to Feb. 4, 2022. If Brady retires before Friday, he will give up the bonus money. Should Brady decide to continue to the 2022 season, Spotrac notes his entire salary would be guaranteed but voided if he decides to retire.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/tom-brady-millions-reasons-extend-career-another-week

this right here folks is what u call a NO Brainer.......Bonus or no Bonus...as IF he needs the money but he's not a fool. I thought this would be announced as a closed deal Im feeling duped.

m

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, muppy said:

this right here folks is what u call a NO Brainer.......Bonus or no Bonus...as IF he needs the money but he's not a fool. I thought this would be announced as a closed deal Im feeling duped.

m

It's a closed deal.  Word just got out before he wanted.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted the rumor leaked this weekend in order to be in the spotlight during the conference championship games, and the official announcement will happen just prior to the Super Bowl, just so they'll be talking about him even though he's not playing.

If he can't go out with another ring, he wants to go out with as much fanfare as he can get.

That’s what I thought as well. Diva doing diva things. Bye already. 

• Thank you (+1) 1