I would give Daboll and big raise and try to keep him

Miyagi-Do Karate

4 hours ago, Luka said:

I would pack his desk for him. Play calling suspect, his run designs are awful. Josh is the only reason he's serviceable.

I tend to agree with this. But to be fair Daboll gets credit for some of Allen's and the Bills offensive development.

What I would love to know is whether those lulls in offensive aggressiveness in the Chiefs game was the result of Daboll's play calling or McD telling him to reign it in?  If it was DaBoll getting skittish then he needs to move on because he's holding Allen back. If it was McD getting skittish then all we can hope for is that in the off season McD & Bean sit down and recognize that going forward they have to take the governor off Allen.  They need to go all in on the offense and Allen and that means acquiring more offensive talent AND getting the best O-coordinator they can find if DaBoll leaves.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Daboll has probably the best job in the NFL. Offensive coordinator with total control over the offense. Stud QB. Coaches for and lives in home town. Job security and great ownership. 

i know he probably wants to give being a head coach a shot, but why not make the decision harder for him? Give him a raise and make him assistant head coach. 

That would also allow him to bide his time for a better HC job down the line. We would be saving him from the Giants, who are going nowhere. 

Daboll can happily see the door. He’s not a gameday coach and has lost us almost as many games as playing prevent has in under 2 minutes. But sure waste the franchises money for someone who takes the ball outta Allen’s hands in crucial possessions. 

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not according to @Governor and his "friend who works for Mara"

I don't think there are enough HC openings in the NFL to persuade a guy with a shot at one not to take it.

Last I heard earlier was that Mara really, really wants a black coach with HC experience for whatever reasons.

44 minutes ago, Governor said:

Last I heard earlier was that Mara really, really wants a black coach with HC experience for whatever reasons.

….the kind of thing that can happen when owners make decisions instead of hiring qualified GM’s and getting out of the way. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

….the kind of thing that can happen when owners make decisions instead of hiring qualified GM’s and getting out of the way. 

Well, that’s the Giants. Schoen has no final say. He’s gotta know that already.

I wouldn’t want that job if I was Daboll and it looks like they aren’t interested anyway so he dodged a bullet there.

20 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

We can do better.

Josh covers up a lot

I am on this thinking right now….Maybe at some point Daboll made JA….think it’s the other way around now. Bills don’t have a real running game…other than student body right with JA. Our pass routes are static for the most part and limit yac.

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

These guys dream of being a head coach and running a program. 

When you're a superstar QB you're a superstar QB. Allen is a top 2-3 QB in the NFL. 

Yes, you want a good OC who can put together great schemes and coach up the offense, but Allen is going to continue to be great and whoever is our next OC will get HC interview after we win the SB next year. 

Folks you heard it here first! 2022 season champs!

21 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Daboll has probably the best job in the NFL. Offensive coordinator with total control over the offense. Stud QB. Coaches for and lives in home town. Job security and great ownership. 

i know he probably wants to give being a head coach a shot, but why not make the decision harder for him? Give him a raise and make him assistant head coach. 

That would also allow him to bide his time for a better HC job down the line. We would be saving him from the Giants, who are going nowhere. 

the raise won't come close to what he'll get as HC and most coordinators want to be HC. Most new coaches go to bad teams.....that's why there are openings

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

McD & Bean sit down and recognize that going forward they have to take the governor off Allen.  They need to go all in on the offense and Allen and that means acquiring more offensive talent AND getting the best O-coordinator they can find if DaBoll leaves.

I get the impression that Bean and McD are going to have some serious discussion or maybe more of a monologue where Beane tell McD what isn’t cutting it anymore.

Beane alluded to questioning McD during the season after games. I hate that we are here but I’d love to be a fly on the wall during that meeting. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I get the impression that Bean and McD are going to have some serious discussion or maybe more of a monologue where Beane tell McD what isn’t cutting it anymore.

Beane alluded to questioning McD during the season after games. I hate that we are here but I’d love to be a fly on the wall during that meeting. 

I think it will be handled with a great deal of professionalism by both men. 

My guess is that McD will be reliving those last 13 seconds and the decision to downshift Allen & the offense at times during the game for a lot longer then we will be.  McD has evolved in his coaching and I suspect/hope that he's ready to take the next leap and fully embrace the KC way.  Most teams can't embrace the KC way because they don't have a Mahomes level QB. We do and rather then wasting our time trying to build a defense that can stop it (no one has BTW) we must complete building an offense that can outscore the Chiefs, not stop them.  That's the paradigm shift that must occur IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I think it will be handled with a great deal of professionalism by both men. 

My guess is that McD will be reliving those last 13 seconds and the decision to downshift Allen & the offense at times during the game for a lot longer then we will be.  McD has evolved in his coaching and I suspect/hope that he's ready to take the next leap and fully embrace the KC way.  Most teams can't embrace the KC way because they don't have a Mahomes level QB. We do and rather then wasting our time trying to build a defense that can stop it (no one has BTW) we must complete building an offense that can outscore the Chiefs, not stop them.  That's the paradigm shift that must occur IMO.

But we did outscore the Chiefs, and then our Defense couldnt stop them...

6 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Well you have to figure that if he is HC ready/worthy Shoen would know.

If he gets passed up for that job then I think he might be here another year or two.

The window on the sort of thing doesn't stay open forever.

The timing is right for Daboll to go now.  If he doesn't, it may not happen at all.

He has been passed over quite a few times now going back to last year.

I wonder what teams see in him when they do the interviewing.

My impression is that Daboll would come off as not having the people skills or communication skills to be an effective HC, but I really don't know the guy or what his personality is like.

I'm just going by what you see in brief interviews and the like.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I think Beane understands gameday coaching is an art not a science.  Easy to question a punt, FG, snap counts for certian players, etc after the game.  I felt like kicking was the right call... the formations seemed to favor X over Y

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.