I would give Daboll and big raise and try to keep him

Miyagi-Do Karate

Daboll has probably the best job in the NFL. Offensive coordinator with total control over the offense. Stud QB. Coaches for and lives in home town. Job security and great ownership. 

i know he probably wants to give being a head coach a shot, but why not make the decision harder for him? Give him a raise and make him assistant head coach. 

That would also allow him to bide his time for a better HC job down the line. We would be saving him from the Giants, who are going nowhere. 

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Miyagi-Do Karate changed the title to I would give Daboll and big raise and try to
  • Miyagi-Do Karate changed the title to I would give Daboll and big raise and try to keep him

Urban meter got what like 22 million after failing and getting fired.   Hc contracts are typically  guaranteed.    Or he can grind out a mil per year not guaranteed as an OC.  Forget about the challenge and whatnot from a competitive  stand point.  The money is tough to turn down.  I know you are saying pay him more but are we talking same numbers as NY will offer?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

We can do better.

Josh covers up a lot

Wait til the offense struggles in a game next year.   The next OC better have a thick skin

• Like (+1) 1

These guys dream of being a head coach and running a program. 

When you're a superstar QB you're a superstar QB. Allen is a top 2-3 QB in the NFL. 

Yes, you want a good OC who can put together great schemes and coach up the offense, but Allen is going to continue to be great and whoever is our next OC will get HC interview after we win the SB next year. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Daboll has probably the best job in the NFL. Offensive coordinator with total control over the offense. Stud QB. Coaches for and lives in home town. Job security and great ownership. 

i know he probably wants to give being a head coach a shot, but why not make the decision harder for him? Give him a raise and make him assistant head coach. 

That would also allow him to bide his time for a better HC job down the line. We would be saving him from the Giants, who are going nowhere. 

Giants are a great spot for him to have success.

They have some really good skill positions players. They need some OLine help and of course a QB. Their defense is already middle of the pack. A good DC and they could trend up. Would possibly mean Jake Fromm stay with NYG as well. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Giants are a great spot for him to have success.

They have some really good skill positions players. They need some OLine help and of course a QB. Their defense is already middle of the pack. A good DC and they could trend up. Would possibly mean Jake Fromm stay with NYG as well. 

And their division is a joke. 

Dallas is talented but a mess at times. Then Philly's coach is a goofball who had Eagles fans throwing flowers at him because he talks about the roots taking hold and crops flowering and everyone needing to water and fertilize. Then you have the WTF team, who is a perennial mediocrity at best, although I do like Ron Rivera. That organization is just gross. 

So it's a great chance, with 2 picks in the top 10 this year, to really do something there. 

20 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Nearly 1/3 of the HC jobs in this league are available and unless there's some sort of backdoor deal to guarantee him the HC job in Buffalo after 2022 if McDermott fails to win a SB I don't see him passing up the Giants or anywhere else.

He obviously wants to be a HC. If it were about money then there’s more to be made as a HC (even a bad one) than the highest paid OC. 

The NFL is weird. Guys that are once hot HC candidates can fizzle out. Look at a guy like Greg Roman. He was always being mentioned and now nobody seems to care. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

And their division is a joke. 

Dallas is talented but a mess at times. Then Philly's coach is a goofball who had Eagles fans throwing flowers at him because he talks about the roots taking hold and crops flowering and everyone needing to water and fertilize. Then you have the WTF team, who is a perennial mediocrity at best, although I do like Ron Rivera. That organization is just gross. 

So it's a great chance, with 2 picks in the top 10 this year, to really do something there. 

Agree. I'm also curious what he could do for Daniel Jones. I mean, no he's not going to turn him into Josh Allen 2.0. However I feel like with some stability, a solid offensive staff and an OLine he could be above average. 

34 minutes ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

Urban meter got what like 22 million after failing and getting fired.   Hc contracts are typically  guaranteed.    Or he can grind out a mil per year not guaranteed as an OC.  Forget about the challenge and whatnot from a competitive  stand point.  The money is tough to turn down.  I know you are saying pay him more but are we talking same numbers as NY will offer?

Wait til the offense struggles in a game next year.   The next OC better have a thick skin

Yeah, because the offense never struggled in a game this year.

42 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

People in high-performance jobs in their prime typically don't pass over promotions unless it's an awful situation. If he was in his 60's, maybe. You couldn't possibly pay him what a HC makes, and there's no way you could give him the prestige or the legacy.

31 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

People in high-performance jobs in their prime typically don't pass over promotions unless it's an awful situation. If he was in his 60's, maybe. You couldn't possibly pay him what a HC makes, and there's no way you could give him the prestige or the legacy.

i think there is a wrong perception that a head coach is a “promotion.” It’s just a different job. I would argue being an OC and calling your own plays is a better job.  

But I obviously get why people angle for HC spots. It’s just that— sometimes, it is better to be content in a job than you love than go for a “higher” Job that you could possibly hate. But I guess to each his own. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.