It was all lined up for a SB victory, then poof, gone

zow2

How many other chances will a Bills team have when they are statistically ranked high in all categories, fantastic QB, hardly any injuries...would have to beat the Bengals at home then Stafford/Garrapolo.  KC and Mahomes at Arrowhead are way tougher than any of those 3 teams. 

This game will leave a scar for sure.  Not sure how the Bills overcome this next season when the AFC East could be harder and the schedule is tough..  Who knows about injuries, etc..

Just a lost opportunity that Buffalo will never get back (thanks D). People like to say Mahomes/Allen is the best new QB rivalry but it's not really a rivalry if only one guy wins the playoff matchups.  I know the Bills will be a factor for a few more years but man, no guarantees.  I hope Allen's body doesn't break down over time before we can get a Championship. He deserves it.  We deserve it.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Based on the layout of the Division … with all 3 of the others teams in a somewhat different stages of rebuilding/re-tooling/youth movement…Buffalo should at least be the favorite for the Division the next 2 seasons…

But, yes…when it comes to the Conference…that window is narrowing every second due to the overall talent of the other AFC QBs.

Mahomes is still lurking.  Burrow has arrived.  Herbert is nearly there.  Lamar (and the Ravens when healthy) is a danger.

Thats not to mention that DeShaun Watson may well end up on an AFC Team AND Aaron Rodgers could be QB of pick (Broncos, Steelers, Dolphins, Browns).

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Based on the layout of the Division … with all 3 of the others teams in a somewhat different stages of rebuilding/re-tooling/youth movement…Buffalo should at least be the favorite for the Division the next 2 seasons…

But, yes…when it comes to the Conference…that window is narrowing every second due to the overall talent of the other AFC QBs.

Mahomes is still lurking.  Burrow has arrived.  Herbert is nearly there.  Lamar (and the Ravens when healthy) is a danger.

Thats not to mention that DeShaun Watson may well end up on an AFC Team AND Aaron Rodgers could be QB of pick (Broncos, Steelers, Dolphins, Browns).

As long as 17 is taking the field we will be the favorite in the division for the next 10-12 years. He was an absolute monster in the playoffs this year. Probably the best QB play through the first 2 rounds of the playoffs ever.

48/62  77.4 Comp% for 637 yards 9 TDs 0 INTs QB Rating 148.99 and another 134 yards rushing on 17 carries(7.88 YPC). 

If only we had something that resembled a defense yesterday......

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

This is what kills me, the Super Bowl was gift wrapped for the Bills if we just won this game. The Bengals? Really? Probably the Rams? It's never going to get easier than that and we blew it. Might as well give the Chiefs the trophy now. 

I won't even turn on the Chiefs/Bengals game.  I'm disgusted.  Yeah it's probably another SB trophy for Mahomes.  

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, billscsg said:

AFC is loaded with QB Talent. JA has arrived. No more hero ball.

We will be a force for next 10+ years.

Need to be more consistent through out the year and get HOME FIELD!

Losing games like Pittsburgh and Jacksonville has to stop - if you want to be champions you can't do stupid stuff like losing those games

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, billscsg said:

This team played well on the road all season. But the defense in an environment like Arrowhead against a fully loaded KC offense,,, they weren't up for the challenge in crunch time.  Homefield would have been nice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I won't even turn on the Chiefs/Bengals game.  I'm disgusted.  Yeah it's probably another SB trophy for Mahomes.  

Bills fans should be pulling for Mahomes from here on out.  These two are in the early stages of an epic rivalry, and the more combined success they have the greater their legacies will be.  Both are going to win rings. The only question is how many.

• Vomit 3

38 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

This is what kills me, the Super Bowl was gift wrapped for the Bills if we just won this game. The Bengals? Really? Probably the Rams? It's never going to get easier than that and we blew it. Might as well give the Chiefs the trophy now. 

Bengals/Rams games would probably have looked a lot like the Bills/Chiefs game.

Defense would have no answers for either opposing offense…Allen would have to put up 350-450 total yards and 3-4 TDs

And then maybe you win it in the final seconds or maybe you lose it.

41 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

They probably beat the Bengals but the Rams would have been a tough game. I realize they almost gave the game away yesterday but they have a lot stars on both sides of the ball. The Bills could beat the Rams but it wouldn't be a cakewalk. Who's to say LA makes it as SF has had their number over the past few years

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Billl said:

Bills fans should be pulling for Mahomes from here on out.  These two are in the early stages of an epic rivalry, and the more combined success they have the greater their legacies will be.  Both are going to win rings. The only question is how many.

But, as someone else said, the success is only one sided. It isn’t very fun when only one side enjoys the spoils. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

But, as someone else said, the success is only one sided. It isn’t very fun when only one side enjoys the spoils. 

I get it, but Allen is 25 years old.  He’s a force of nature, and he’s going to get his.  If you can stomach it, there’s a thread on the Chiefs board titled f*** Josh Allen that actually gives some perspective on just how good KC fans think he is.  This is the new Brady/Manning.  I just hope they can both stay health for another 20 years or so.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=342062

41 minutes ago, Billl said:

I can't pull for Mahomes and KC.  But if winning another SB takes the edge off the Chiefs hunger over the next year or two I'll consider it.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Just a lost opportunity that Buffalo will never get back (thanks D). People like to say Mahomes/Allen is the best new QB rivalry but it's not really a rivalry if only one guy wins the playoff matchups.  I know the Bills will be a factor for a few more years but man, no guarantees.  I hope Allen's body doesn't break down over time before we can get a Championship. He deserves it.  We deserve it.  

After the game I called my 89 year old mother to make sure she was OK.  She was crying.

She asked me "Why can't the Bills win one?  The other one's (Chiefs) already have one".

I didn't have an answer for her.

Her empathy for Josh Allen was so touching I teared up.  After the call I turned off my phone.

Edit:  @Long Suffering Fan  Thank you and your board name says it all today.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

All the qbs who could have outdueled us were knocked out. This was THE year and Frasier threw up all over himself. He will forever be the reason they blew the best opportunity to hoist the ultimate prize.

He needs to be fired this morning if those players are going to have respect for McDermott. You can't just hope things change next year, this is the ONLY change that can be made.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billscsg said:

No more hero ball lol people still ignore it when hero ball works and only use it in a negative way…that should have been game winning drive had a ton of hero ball involved…he could’ve taken a bad sack on any of those plays.  

13 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

After the game I called my 89 year old mother to make sure she was OK.  She was crying.

She asked me "Why can't the Bills win one?  The other one's (Chiefs) already have one".

I didn't have an answer for her.

Her empathy for Josh Allen was so touching I teared up.  After the call I turned off my phone.

I spoke at my grandmother's funeral years ago and one of the things I said was about how the Sabres let her down.  She loved the Sabres more than any other human being.  I would come back to Buffalo just to take her to games.

I hope your mom gets to see her first championship next year and hopefully, many, many more after that....for all of our sakes.

Your last line is making me tear up.  It was so like my grandmother to care about the players in difficult moments like that.  Tell her that I think she is the best.

18 minutes ago, Billl said:

If you can stomach it, there’s a thread on the Chiefs board titled f*** Josh Allen that actually gives some perspective on just how good KC fans think he is.  This is the new Brady/Manning.  I just hope they can both stay health for another 20 years or so.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=342062

I went and checked and there are some level headed people over there.  There also is a shocking amount of hate for Allen and Buffalo. What?  What have we done to provoke that hate?  Why do they think Allen was a douche last year?  I was a little surprised (I mean, not really, but still).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Chiefs get hit pretty hard with the cap next year.  Also their entire offensive is built around two freak athletes one of which is nearing the later stages of his career.  Aaron rodgers doesn’t have many years left regardless of where he goes.  I think the bills are a legit Superbowl contender as long as Allen is around.  Pats dolphins and jets are all committed to starting middling talent qbs because they drafted them early so we’ll always have good results in the division 

5 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

That's what makes this so much worse. 

Buffalo is better than all of the remaining squads. 

I hope this doesn't linger for years.

I do too.  The team and the fans had their hearts ripped out last night.

I wanted to text the brothers and nephews after the last Bills TD that #13 scored with 13 seconds left but I literally thought "No, don't jinx it".

6 minutes ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

Your last line is making me tear up.  It was so like my grandmother to care about the players in difficult moments like that.  Tell her that I think she is the best.

Looks like they both still had things to teach us.

I will tell her what you said.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I’m convinced we would’ve found a way to lose to the Bengals next week which would’ve been even more painful/disappointing than last night game.

They just allowed 9 sacks and happened to face an offense that couldn’t get out of their own way (Tannehill). That isn’t happening again, they are toast. 

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

All the qbs who could have outdueled us were knocked out. This was THE year and Frasier threw up all over himself. He will forever be the reason they blew the best opportunity to hoist the ultimate prize.

He needs to be fired this morning if those players are going to have respect for McDermott. You can't just hope things change next year, this is the ONLY change that can be made.

Agreed, but, think you need to see if anyone hires him first (lol) to see if we get the 2 3rd rounders. If not, show him the door. Last night was inexcusable. You don’t come back from that. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

I went and checked and there are some level headed people over there.  There also is a shocking amount of hate for Allen and Buffalo. What?  What have we done to provoke that hate?  Why do they think Allen was a douche last year?  I was a little surprised (I mean, not really, but still).

It’s because you’re good.  It’s no different here people talk about the Chiefs.  Nobody makes f*** you threads about the Dolphins.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

The coaches,  especially the defensive guys must be sick this morning.. Maybe even sicker than us fans.  The game was won.  It was over.  KC has 3 special players and they let all 3 have their way on multiple drives under 2 mins and OT.  Just unreal.  The Lombardi was so close to being in Buffalo.  Josh's legacy was cemented.. then ripped away.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I do too.  The team and the fans had their hearts ripped out last night.

I wanted to text the brothers and nephews after the last Bills TD that #13 scored with 13 seconds left but I literally thought "No, don't jinx it".

To have that moment ripped away.....is gonna sting for a lonnnnnnng time. We were in tears on the floor thinking we'd won.

• Agree 1

Not sure what happened with Daboll in the 2nd and 3rd Qtrs.  Instead of pushing each possession to the max we sleep walked through with some running plays for minimal yardage and some 1 yard sideline passes.  There are many things which could've been done differently.  Of course at the end, the D just folded up like a cheap tent and that was inexcusable.

1) Top 3 QB and he’s 25 yrs old, not 45.

2) game management is the difference between winning AFC champion/ SB and not. Every choice counts at this level!!

3) Top 3 QB gets us on the podium but our coach gets the GOLD. (I always felt Jim Kelly calling plays held us back in the SB)

Edited by Since1981

2 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

As long as 17 is taking the field we will be the favorite in the division for the next 10-12 years. He was an absolute monster in the playoffs this year. Probably the best QB play through the first 2 rounds of the playoffs ever.

48/62  77.4 Comp% for 637 yards 9 TDs 0 INTs QB Rating 148.99 and another 134 yards rushing on 17 carries(7.88 YPC). 

If only we had something that resembled a defense yesterday......

Allen was phenomenal in the playoffs, 2tds away from the single postseason record (flacco?) He played his heart out, but he is nasty, gritty QB. Bills will be fine next year, I think they get over the hump next season. I'll be taking bills to win afc as soon as avalible

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Chiefs get hit pretty hard with the cap next year.  Also their entire offensive is built around two freak athletes one of which is nearing the later stages of his career.  Aaron rodgers doesn’t have many years left regardless of where he goes.  I think the bills are a legit Superbowl contender as long as Allen is around.  Pats dolphins and jets are all committed to starting middling talent qbs because they drafted them early so we’ll always have good results in the division 

Like for so many years it was either only Brady, Manning or Rothlesberger from the AFC…

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s going to be Mahomes, Allen, Burrows, Herbert…every year just on a round Robin.

I would disagree on Rodgers…even if he has 3-4 seasons left…if he goes to the right team in AFC (maybe Broncos) … I would say that would be a major road block for the younger guys.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.