Thoughts on draft

John from Riverside

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Because there is limited depth behind them. What happens if Brown has a sophomore slump? What happens if Dion struggles again as he did early this year? I am willing to give him the benefit of the covid doubt but I want to have a plan in place for either of those two things occurring. 

EDIT: And also because I am open to any way of improving the line. Even if that means moving Dawkins inside (either now or in time). 

Makes sense.  Interesting idea considering a rookie LT if the idea would be to kick Dawkins inside.  I hadn’t thought of that.

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

Makes sense.  Interesting idea considering a rookie LT if the idea would be to kick Dawkins inside.  I hadn’t thought of that.

I'd only do that if it was for Cross or Penning in the 1st and I think both will be gone. But I'd still want to take a tackle day 2 and maybe by the end of the year he is ready to start and you move Dion over later. A bit like they did this year with Brown and Williams on the right hand side. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ScorpionZero said:

Zion Johnson

OG Boston College

Roger McCreary

CB Auburn

John Metchie III

WR Alabama

Cade Mays

OG Tennessee

Hassan Haskins

RB Michigan

Matt Araiza

P San Diego State

Peyton Hendershot

TE Indiana

Reed Blankenship

S Middle Tennessee

Isaac Taylor-Stuart

CB USC

FULL RESULTS

START NEW SIM

I’ll give a thumbs up to a draft that has a guy named Peyton Hendershot. Sounds like a Harry Potter name. 😂

• Like (+1) 1

Kaiir Elam

CB Florida

Breece Hall

RB Iowa State

Brian Asamoah II

LB Oklahoma

John Ridgeway

DT Arkansas

Josh Jobe

CB Alabama

Greg Dulcich

TE UCLA

Bo Melton

WR Rutgers

Matt Araiza

P San Diego State

Brock Hoffman

OC Virginia Tech

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

No way Breece makes it to 89

Just how PFN's board fell, his ranking was 87th and made it to me in the third. Besides when I don't get breece in the second or third my fallback is Haskins in fourth-fifth

25: R1 P25 G Kenyon Green - Texas A&M

57: R2 P25 DL Jordan Davis - Georgia

89: R3 P25 RB Breece Hall - Iowa State

129: R4 P25 LB Brandon Smith - Penn State

168: R5 P25 DL Marquan McCall - Kentucky

184: R6 P6 CB Sevyn Banks - Ohio State

202: R6 P24 P Matt Araiza - San Diego State

229: R7 P10 CB Joshua Williams - Fayetteville State

244: R7 P25 C Alec Lindstrom - Boston College

42 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

@GunnerBillThoughts on Cameron Thomas? He is quickly becoming my draft crush. 

And I like the Washington corners and Linderbaum. 

Love him. My kind of edge, great handwork but with an explosive first step. I have him ahead of some of the higher profile names in the class. 

He and Kyler Gordon (see the thread on him) are both in my second tier of targets at #25 if, as I fear, Booth, Olave and Penning are all gone.

Linderbaum I like but I think he is more of a zone blocking center and I feel like the Bills with the Kromer hire are going to do less zone. 

McDuffie I think is solid but he is more a mid to late 2nd rounder for me. He isn't the biggest and he plays his size a bit. I worry about bigger receivers boxing him out and he can get a tad grabby when beat. Would love him day 2. I'd be lukewarm day 1.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Love him. My kind of edge, great handwork but with an explosive first step. I have him ahead of some of the higher profile names in the class. 

He and Kyler Gordon (see the thread on him) are both in my second tier of targets at #25 if, as I fear, Booth, Olave and Penning are all gone.

Linderbaum I like but I think he is more of a zone blocking center and I feel like the Bills with the Kromer hire are going to do less zone. 

McDuffie I think is solid but he is more a mid to late 2nd rounder for me. He isn't the biggest and he plays his size a bit. I worry about bigger receivers boxing him out and he can get a tad grabby when beat. Would love him day 2. I'd be lukewarm day 1.

What about Jermaine Johnson? I've seen a few mocks with the Bills taking him at 25 and he apparently had a very good week at the Senior Bowl.

Just did the sim:

Kaiir Elam

CB Florida

Roger McCreary

CB Auburn

John Metchie III

WR Alabama

Yusuf Corker

S Kentucky

Charlie Kolar

TE Iowa State

Nick Cross

S Maryland

D'Vonte Price

RB Florida International

Christopher Allen

EDGE Alabama

Matt Araiza

P San Diego State

Love this mock.  

Stack that secondary.  Went that direction over IOL.  

Lots of us good with the punter in RD 6 or 7 lol.  

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

What about Jermaine Johnson? I've seen a few mocks with the Bills taking him at 25 and he apparently had a very good week at the Senior Bowl.

Yea he did. Demolished people in the practices so pulled stumps on the game and went home. I will be honest I haven't watched any of his game film yet so I don't have a strong view but in a world where the board falls that way I can be convinced on another edge at #25. 

Round 1 Pick 26: Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 26: Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 26: Charlie Kolar, TE, Iowa State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 26: Cam Taylor-Britt, CB, Nebraska (A+)
Round 5 Pick 26: Hassan Haskins, RB, Michigan (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6: Josh Thompson, CB, Texas (A+)
Round 6 Pick 25: Demani Richardson, FS/SS, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Matt Araiza, P, San Diego State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 26: Dawson Deaton, C/OG, Texas Tech (A+)

Jermaine Johnson

EDGE Florida State

Roger McCreary

CB Auburn

John Metchie III

WR Alabama

Cade Mays

OG Tennessee

Brian Robinson Jr.

RB Alabama

Matt Araiza

P San Diego State

Bubba Bolden

S Miami-Fl

Marquan McCall

DT Kentucky

Isaac Taylor-Stuart

CB USC

• Like (+1) 1

25: R1 P25 G Kenyon Green - Texas A&M

57: R2 P25 WR Wan'Dale Robinson - Kentucky

89: R3 P25 RB Breece Hall - Iowa State

129: R4 P25 LB Brian Asamoah - Oklahoma

168: R5 P25 S Bubba Bolden - Miami

184: R6 P6 C Alec Lindstrom - Boston College

202: R6 P24 CB Josh Thompson - Texas

229: R7 P10 P Matt Araiza - San Diego State

244: R7 P25 CB Isaac Taylor-Stuart - USC

On 2/8/2022 at 3:33 PM, ScorpionZero said:

I've been thinking of taking all the big boards from the top 5-6 draft sites and coming up with all in one big board. It should help make mocks that fall closer to reality. At least that's the logic behind it. But not doing it, till after combine.

This one's from first pick.

Round 1 Pick 26: Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 26: Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 26: George Pickens, WR, Georgia (A+)
Round 4 Pick 26: Brian Asamoah, ILB/OLB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 26: Chris Paul, OG, Tulsa (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6: Mykael Wright, CB, Oregon (A+)
Round 6 Pick 25: Demani Richardson, FS/SS, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Joshua Williams, CB, Fayetteville State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 26: Jordan Stout, P, Penn State (A+)

I don’t think I want to wait until round 6 to pick a CB.  Assuming Wallace leaves, this is a critical need position.

I previously mentioned Boye Mafe who stood out at the Senior Bowl (the Bills frequently draft players from this game) and he has a connection to our new DL coach. This guy should be on our radar, he should test well at the combine and I expect he'll be moving up the draft boards after that.

• Like (+1) 1

I think Ryan Bates will start at left guard for Buffalo.  The biggest question on the offensive line in my mind is whether or not Daryl Williams could be a cap casualty next season.  If he stays, then Buffalo won't need any new starters.  However Boettger is a free agent and Feliciano might be a cap casualty as his production seems not to justify his contract any more.  Buffalo might sign a value free agent and draft a guard with starter upside.  He wouldn't need to start until Daryl Williams' contract is up.

On 2/17/2022 at 1:38 PM, CapeBreton said:

I previously mentioned Boye Mafe who stood out at the Senior Bowl (the Bills frequently draft players from this game) and he has a connection to our new DL coach. This guy should be on our radar, he should test well at the combine and I expect he'll be moving up the draft boards after that.

Just so people know........it doesn't sound like May-ff it's pronounced Mah-fay.......kinda like MAFK but without the k

3706291.jpg

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Haha (+1) 1

25: R1 P25 DL Jordan Davis - Georgia

57: R2 P25 G Zion Johnson - Boston College

89: R3 P25 C Alec Lindstrom - Boston College

129: R4 P25 CB Cam Taylor-Britt - Nebraska

168: R5 P25 RB Hassan Haskins - Michigan

184: R6 P6 DL Otito Ogbonnia - UCLA

202: R6 P24 P Jake Camarda - Georgia

229: R7 P10 CB Jalyn Armour-Davis - Alabama

244: R7 P25 S Bubba Bolden - Miami (FL)

Round 1 Pick 26: Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington (B+)
Round 2 Pick 26: Ed Ingram, OG, LSU (A-)
Round 3 Pick 26: Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati (A+)
Round 4 Pick 26: Cam Taylor-Britt, CB, Nebraska (A+)
Round 5 Pick 26: Hassan Haskins, RB, Michigan (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6: Chris Hinton, DT, Michigan (A+)
Round 6 Pick 25: Matt Araiza, P, San Diego State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Jesse Luketa, ILB/OLB, Penn State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 26: Jake Ferguson, TE, Wisconsin (A+)

Jordan Davis

DT Georgia

Breece Hall

RB Iowa State

Alec Pierce

WR Cincinnati

Cade Mays

OG Tennessee

Isaac Taylor-Stuart

CB USC

Akayleb Evans

CB Missouri

Matt Araiza

P San Diego State

Jeremiah Gemmel

LB North Carolina

Reed Blankenship

S Middle Tennessee

On 2/10/2022 at 4:12 PM, without a drought said:

It really depends, are we talking about some good craft beers on draft or some warm flat Budweiser from a keg?

Budweiser isn’t worth the calories even when it’s cold…, 

19 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I think Ryan Bates will start at left guard for Buffalo.  The biggest question on the offensive line in my mind is whether or not Daryl Williams could be a cap casualty next season.  If he stays, then Buffalo won't need any new starters.  However Boettger is a free agent and Feliciano might be a cap casualty as his production seems not to justify his contract any more.  Buffalo might sign a value free agent and draft a guard with starter upside.  He wouldn't need to start until Daryl Williams' contract is up.

IMO the Bills need an upgrade on IOL.

Josh Allen was #1 in the league at preventing pressures from becoming sacks

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/josh-allen-was-no-1-in-nfl-in-preventing-pressures-from-becoming-sacks/article_14ac6a54-8a99-11ec-a0e0-b3fad28e1ce7.html

But PFF says he faced pressure on the most dropbacks in the league (32%, or 246)

Yes, Allen can escape from pressure but it may mean he's throwing it away or taking a short pass instead of pushing the ball downfield

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

IMO the Bills need an upgrade on IOL.

Josh Allen was #1 in the league at preventing pressures from becoming sacks

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/josh-allen-was-no-1-in-nfl-in-preventing-pressures-from-becoming-sacks/article_14ac6a54-8a99-11ec-a0e0-b3fad28e1ce7.html

But PFF says he faced pressure on the most dropbacks in the league (32%, or 246)

Yes, Allen can escape from pressure but it may mean he's throwing it away or taking a short pass instead of pushing the ball downfield

Is there somewhere that breaks it down per game? Be interesting to see before Bates at LG and after. Plus Dion getting healthy later in the season. 

I think when I started looking at this class 5 or 6 weeks ago I said a couple of times that I didn't think it was a particularly good class. However, the more I have looked at it the more I like it. It remains a not very good top 10. I think there are three guys worthy of a top 10 grade and only one other I have a top 15 grade on. But mid to late firsts until mid 2nd is stacked and then there is another good tier of players in that mid 2nd to mid 3rd territory. 

I think "it's a good year to have a few day two picks" gets said every year. But this year it really is true. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.