Thoughts on draft

John from Riverside

I was very gung ho about a guard in the first round of this upcoming draft however I think Ryan Bates Has made his name in consideration for that starting spot honestly keeping this group might not be a bad idea even though we should draft a bates like player in the draft

We need a corner with speed or a pure pass rusher on the defensive line rounds one or two of this next draft in my opinion thoughts?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I was very gung ho about a guard in the first round of this upcoming draft however I think Ryan Bates Has made his name in consideration for that starting spot honestly keeping this group might not be a bad idea even though we should draft a bates like player in the draft

We need a corner with speed or a pure pass rusher on the defensive line rounds one or two of this next draft in my opinion thoughts?

I want Faalele some how some way. Give me also a WR like WanDale Robinson. I want another CB too, but we need to focus on the offense this year. 

On 1/24/2022 at 12:33 AM, John from Riverside said:

We still need IOL Morse isn't going to be here that much longer most likely.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 3

Maybe try to sign Scherff? Draft Tre's counterpart in the first round. Pray Dabs & Frazier leave and use those picks on pass rushers. I don't know if Beane is capable of finding a better FA pass rusher than Addison.  And eventually we need to replace Edmunds. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The problem is you rarely get monster pass rushers out the gate drafting where we draft.    You get guys like Rousseau, Oweh, Paye etc.  They typically take time.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, SCBills said:

The problem is you rarely get monster pass rushers out the gate drafting where we draft.    You get guys like Rousseau, Oweh, Paye etc.  They typically take time.  

I honestly hate this team so much right now. We spent some much draft capital and money on a defense that looks like garbage most of the time. I’m tired of it honestly. We have to find a way to keep scoring more than KC and that means more speed WRs and o-linemen to give Josh even more time. 

• Eyeroll 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Trade our first rounder and Edmunds for a ready to go game changer on D like we did with Diggs. We're too far down in the draft to get an impact player so get one that's ready now.

Really?  Tre White at 27 says you are wrong

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Ethan we need immediate starters and game changers I don’t think we get that by trading down

We need capable bodies on the OL and DL.  There will not be an elite pass rusher drafting in the late 20's.  Trade down and restock the lines.  The OL and DL were the problem all year.  Of course FA can change all that.  Get White back healthy and add a CB.  Also get Ertz or another capable TE to back up Knox.  

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

I honestly hate this team so much right now. We spent some much draft capital and money on a defense that looks like garbage most of the time. I’m tired of it honestly. We have to find a way to keep scoring more than KC and that means more speed WRs and o-linemen to give Josh even more time. 

Thats where I’m at.  

Keep this starting 5 OL together but draft a G/C in the first 3 rounds, along with a WR and CB.  

I’ll give them a high pick CB given I think Levi Wallace’s time has come to an end here.  

After that, the other two premium picks should be Offense.  Enough with the DL.  They have enough investment.  Just draft some mid-round rotational guys. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffarukus said:

uhhhh god. no man. not yet. please tell me im not looking at a draft thread. no. i feel sick. no way in hell im hearing about a draft until my guts re enter my body. this is just to soon. 

😅😂🤣

I'm going to assume the folks posting these "all is well threads" are all under 40.  

You folks have no clue.

If you could send me back to 1990 after that cluster F Super Bowl I'd have fired Walt Corey and most of the defensive staff.  

But hey its all good.  These guys built this thing I'm sure they'll figure it out.  Just like the 90s Bills did.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Ethan we need immediate starters and game changers I don’t think we get that by trading down

Don’t worry, John. We aren’t trading down. I don’t think Beane’s ever done it and he certainly won’t this year.

4 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

McDermott got to do it his way last offseason and it failed. Those two DE's were useless this season, and this game.

If I'm Pegula, no longer do I allow McDermott telling Beane who to draft.

McDermott was the one who passed on Mahomes for a CB, and we all know Pegula wanted Mahomes. Now, Allen was probably the better fit here ultimately, but the defense first mindset is why the Bills can't get past the Chiefs. They will have trouble getting past the Bengals and Chargers in the comming years if they keep letting McDermott draft defense.

Not only is McDermott a failure on gamedays too often, but he is a failure on draft day as well.

This is where I’m at. It’s the Josh Allen show at this point. If I’m Pegula, I’m going straight to Josh and asking him what HE needs to win a super bowl. If Allen truly believes he needs no offensive players, then so be it. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, TN Bills Fan said:

edmund's contract makes him untradeable

Im treating him like a one year rental next year.   If he shows out, we’ll cross that bridge when it comes.  

Ive always been on the “leaning toward re-signing him” side, but after tonight, it’s just not working.  We can’t tie up this much money in linebackers on a team with a defense we can’t depend on for anything against a top offense.  

He was drafted for this type of game.  Heaven knows he’s not ideal against power run teams.   42 points and a 13 second collapse is evidence that he doesn’t help very much in the game he was drafted for. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

i tend to agree, but sometimes on OL or WR or RB you can. I’d get D in FA and draft BPA likely OG, C, RB or WR.  we need another RB.   Motor clearly cannot it all and we cant keep killing Josh.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.