Giants/Schoen interview Daboll for HC

Hapless Bills Fan

45 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I really think it’s time for Daboll to move forward. For some reason i just don’t like any distractions the week of the biggest game of the year. 

Honestly, if he gets passed over this year I think his star will start to fade a bit. Hard to justify bringing in a guy that was passed over by someone that he worked for (Schoen) if the Giants go in another direction.

If I'm the GM of another team I'd seriously have to ask "Why, what does Schoen know working firsthand with him that I don't?"

Now, for this cycle if I'm the GM of a team that wants him...I'd would have to figure Schoen has an upper hand and if I don't move aggressively I would lose him. I would figure the Tuesday or Wednesday after the final Bills gameof the year (whenever that may be) he gets an offer or 2.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Timing of this crap is really lame IMO while in mid playoff run.

I'm happy for these guys overall, just not a fan of the when is all. 

Eh - I feel they probably have been talking about it before Schoen was officially hired...

Like hey, If I get this job for the NYG, then I would love to bring you in as HC...   

So my point is, the stress/time invested would be less for Daboll and everyone if it was already agreed upon which means less of a distraction... mainly because the players/coaches EXPECT Daboll and or Frazier to go else where.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Good. Now get yer ass back in the playbook!! 

Happy for him. 

Now, now, he needs to make time for the little old lady who wandered off from the gift shop and stopped in to talk about what jersey she should buy for her grandson. Maybe poll the staff on who they would take, and wonder if she’s better off waiting until next season. Oh, what kind of coffee is that? That is wonderful! Is that from Costco? I love Costco! I hate the lines for gas, though. It’s so much cheaper for gas, but the lines can be really long. I don’t mind so much, because I listen to books on tape which really kills the time for me. 

Ohh. It’s time for Yoda to go home from work? Can I follow you? 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Honestly, if he gets passed over this year I think his star will start to fade a bit. Hard to justify bringing in a guy that was passed over by someone that he worked for (Schoen) if the Giants go in another direction.

If I'm the GM of another team I'd seriously have to ask "Why, what does Schoen know working firsthand with him that I don't?"

Now, for this cycle if I'm the GM of a team that wants him...I'd would have to figure Schoen has an upper hand and if I don't move aggressively I would lose him. I would figure the Tuesday or Wednesday after the final Bills gameof the year (whenever that may be) he gets an offer or 2.

No slam dunk for Daboll as Schoen has to get the approval of Mara and Tisch too. Mara was touting Flores earlier this week and saying his hiring of a GM would not automatically be a package GM/HC deal. Best of luck to Daboll, he deserves a shot at HC.

• Thank you (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Why do people act like the coaches are preparing for the Chiefs 24/7? Do we really think they have absolutely NO time to fit in a video interview? The "distraction" complaint is way overblown.

If you know how to prepare yourself to interview properly for a high figure jobs it take a lot of time actually. For some it creates stress and is an actual distraction as well leading up to it for several days. These guys are not walking into a local McDonalds to make multi millions, they are changing their families entire life with a significant change and move. 

I hope most the prep work was done in the prior offseason if smart. 

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.