The Legend of Josh Allen

Victory Formation

So anyways, an interesting video came up in my YouTube feed that I thought I would share with you guys. It was basically a short documentary on Josh Allen that I found to be highly interesting.

Anyways, they went on to say that Josh Allen grew up as a farm boy in a small town in Firebaugh, CA and even as a high school student he was looked over as an athlete. He didn’t get to start until his junior year in high school in which he dominated for the next few years leading his team to a 7-3 record his first year. 

After he graduated he didn’t get a single D1 offer so he had to go to a junior college. This is where it gets interesting. So from his freshman to sophomore year in junior college he grew an additional 2-3 inches, before that, believe it or not he was undersized. So in a matter of a year Allen went from being one of the smallest guys on the field to becoming one of the biggest guys on the field and one of the best athletes on the field.

After his growth spurt, Allen went on to dominate for a year at Reedley College and was obviously the most gifted athlete on the field at this point, but he still didn’t have one offer from a D1 school. So Allen took the time to email every single OC and QB coach from every team until he finally landed at Wyoming as their 3rd string QB. Allen wrestled down the starting job his sophomore year only to break his collarbone and had a few up and down seasons following that.

Allen declared for the draft after his Junior year at Wyoming and the Bills traded up to #7 to get him. A lot of folks saw him as a 3rd round pick and many talking heads thought we were crazy for not taking Josh Rosen or Lamar Jackson instead of him! 😆

Anyways, I was always a big Josh Allen fan, he was my #2 overall prospect. I did have Baker Mayfield ahead of him though. In my mind I saw a pure athlete, a great arm and athleticism that you just cannot teach. I thought that Allen had a big heart and he just didn’t give up, there is no Plan B for this guy, he just keeps grinding to make things happen, failure is not an option. Every single person has told him NO throughout his career. NO to him in high school, NO to him in college, NO to him in the pros, but here we are 4 years later and Josh Allen is 39-21 as a starter, 2x AFCE division champ, 1x Pro Bowl selection and in my mind he is the best player in the NFL. Give him another 3-4 years and he’ll be the greatest player in our franchise’s history, he’s catching up quickly to Kelly and Bruce.

Here’s to our first Lombardis.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

I've said it before I will say it again.....I am so happy to be right!  I was on board with that Allen pick the second it was made!!!!

Go Josh and Go BILLS!!

At the time I wanted Rosen. Shows what I know. Thank God Beane knows what he is doing and self proclaimed "experts" like me need to STFU

• Haha (+1) 2

I really didnt know what to think.  Heading into and early on in that College season, Allen was my first choice and I thought he was a freak.  He had a bit of a topsy turvy season at Wyoming though.  

It was clear he had outrageous physical tools and if they could be harnessed, the rewards would be immense. But people were saying it could be a long term project before he should even see the field.

I had zero faith in the Bills in grooming somebody like this.  I didnt think it was a bad idea at all, but I thought the Bills would be much better off with "SAFE" in Darnold or Rosen.  

• Agree 1

My first 2 QB picks the year they drafted Josh was Baker 1 & Rosen 2 that tells you all you need to know about my football acumen when it comes to choosing the best player & i am so glad that Beane knows what he is doing because the Bills will be in a good place for a long time given his knowledge of the game & players .

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I really didnt know what to think.  Heading into and early on in that College season, Allen was my first choice and I thought he was a freak.  He had a bit of a topsy turvy season at Wyoming though.  

It was clear he had outrageous physical tools and if they could be harnessed, the rewards would be immense. But people were saying it could be a long term project before he should even see the field.

I had zero faith in the Bills in grooming somebody like this.  I didnt think it was a bad idea at all, but I thought the Bills would be much better off with "SAFE" in Darnold or Rosen.  

Bean knew about Josh crazy mindset to succeed  by working hard. Josh did this mostly by working 12 1/2 months a year.No Summer off.  Of season?  In California w his Palmer coach.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Exactly where I was - sure that the organization would ruin any chance he had to make it.  They hadn't really developed a single player in 20 years, except maybe Kyle. And every time they went "against the grain" it blew up in their faces.  I wanted someone pro-ready because I was convinced they'd fumble the snap.  

Never been happier about being wrong.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.