Why so many tickets left?

out

6 hours ago, JPL7 said:

I think people  are making a bigger deal out of it than it should be. As if Buffalo isn't supportive of the Bills or something. That's ridiculous! People aren't taking into consideration that you have to be vaxxed to attend, so a large chunk of the population aren't even allowed to go. Also, about 30% of the season ticketholders are Canadian, they come over from Canada. With all the travel restrictions thats an issue. Also, I am as diehard of a Bills fan as you can get and even if I lived in Buffalo you couldn't pay me money to go sit in 0 degree weather when I can watch it from the comfort of my home on a 70 inch TV with my buddies, plenty of food, beer, etc. Without dealing with traffic or crowds or all the wacky nonsense of sporting events nowadays.  Forget all that noise! And quite frankly, football is the best TV sport there is, so why go when its going to be completely miserable out?! Instead of enjoying the game, it's going to be all about not freezing the death! No thanks! 

I believe the Canucks are more like 10% and the Bills packed the staduim  without them  early in the season. Blaming the vaccine in just pur nonsense ( NOT YOU, others)... FFS  that been in effective since October

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How do you look at those empty corners and think it's full? Talk about denial.

Wow. Do you guys have to see every single seat with a body in it? So let me correct myself. The place looks ALMOST full. Geez. You guys need to chill the f out. 

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Wow. Do you guys have to see every single seat with a body in it? So let me correct myself. The place looks ALMOST full. Geez. You guys need to chill the f out. 

Yes I do

On the other hand that game was a massive blowout.  If this photo was later in the game fans could have already started leaving (away fans also), granted they would miss the big celebration, but still maybe.

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

The vaccine mandate was known before those tickets were purchased.  It has nothing to do with it.

COVID blame = Bills fandom denial in this instance.

It's hilarious how folks can't rationalize that the Bills fanbase wouldn't sell out out a 70,000 seat playoff game.

"But, but....but...we are the best fans in the NFL!" you can hear them mumbling in a corner, wiping the tears from their eyes between words.

😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Yes the tickets are sold. My question is why are so many season ticket holders who are supposed to be the most passionate of the group reselling them. 

When they saw zero degrees on the long term forecast they assumed it was Celsius. 

Props to any fans going tomorrow.  It's looking it should be near full capacity.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

It's hilarious how folks can't rationalize that the Bills fanbase wouldn't sell out out a 70,000 seat playoff game.

"But, but....but...we are the best fans in the NFL!" you can hear them mumbling in a corner, wiping the tears from their eyes between words.

😂

Just not in the corners of the stadium apparently 😂😉

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

The vaccine mandate was known before those tickets were purchased.  It has nothing to do with it.

But the OP isn’t about attendance.  It’s about the number of tickets available, which are mostly resale tickets.

Those resale tickets can be related to the mandate. Many season ticket holders chose to not give up their seasons even though they are not vaxed. Giving them up for refunds meant losing the tickets overall and many didn’t want to lose their seniority. So unvaxed season ticket holders are left to resell their tickets on the secondary market. 

On 1/12/2022 at 6:55 PM, billsfan_34 said:

My guess, many variables are in play- perhaps here is a few:

- COVID hurdles

- Weather

- Inflation/economy 

Folks, in my opinion, may be faced with either putting food on the table or go to the game during frigid temperatures and a recent surge in COVID (Omicron). 

People give “rolls eyes” or “thumbs down”. I respect that, just my humble opinion is all.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

They eliminated 35% of the population from attending, and considering the shot rates for those 70+ are much higher than those in the 20-40s group, you are talking an even higher percentage of the target market. 

Many Canadian fans logistically not able to attend due to the hoops to get back across the border by Canadian government.

Those are hard factual reasons.

9 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Sunday

Sunny, with a high near 28. 😧

Wouldn't be surprised one bit if the NFL looked at the weather last Sunday when creating the playoff schedule and saw that there was a potential for it to be frigid in Buffalo. The NFL wants crap weather for buffalo games. 30 degrees and sunny on Sunday wouldn't have been as interesting on TV as 0 degrees 

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

But the OP isn’t about attendance.  It’s about the number of tickets available, which are mostly resale tickets.

Those resale tickets can be related to the mandate. Many season ticket holders chose to not give up their seasons even though they are not vaxed. Giving them up for refunds meant losing the tickets overall and many didn’t want to lose their seniority. So unvaxed season ticket holders are left to resell their tickets on the secondary market. 

Between this,  people not wanting to actually get Covid, people being sick as ***** this winter already and not wanting to sit in the cold (that's me recovering from the regular flu)... The Canadians not able to get back home after the game...

It is what it is... It's also a Wild Card  game for a fan base that had much higher expectations...

Remember having to listen to Van Miller during the greatest comeback in NFL history because the Oilers Wild Card game was blacked out? 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

They eliminated 35% of the population from attending, and considering the shot rates for those 70+ are much higher than those in the 20-40s group, you are talking an even higher percentage of the target market. 

Many Canadian fans logistically not able to attend due to the hoops to get back across the border by Canadian government.

Those are hard factual reasons.

Hey Art - we've packed the stadium numerous times time year keeping the unvaxxed out and we'll do it again tonight!

GO BILLS

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Between this,  people not wanting to actually get Covid, people being sick as ***** this winter already and not wanting to sit in the cold (that's me recovering from the regular flu)... The Canadians not able to get back home after the game...

It is what it is... It's also a Wild Card  game for a fan base that had much higher expectations...

Remember having to listen to Van Miller during the greatest comeback in NFL history because the Oilers Wild Card game was blacked out? 

Oh boy. I was with you til the bolded part.

:thumbdown:

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Sorry man, I'm not putting myself in that category. I just think there's a lot of Bills fans that jumped off the bandwagon because they were expecting a 14 win season and the #1 seed. 

They're not fans.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Dopey said:

They're not fans.

And maybe I'm over reacting l havn't had coffee yet. I just look at the sheer volume of Bills Hate Bots that only come out in the game day thread to scream that the season is over and how much the Bills suck...

Speaking of which, I'm thinking about starting a Alt GameDay thread titled "I only post when the Bills are losing because I hate myself."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

30 degrees?

It would've made for a better game.

Yes it probably would've, but if I remember correctly the bills/Colts game in that huge storm a few years back had huge ratings and I have no doubt the NFL wants more of that. I gaurentee that's why they gave the bills so many home games in December the last few years 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.