Dolphins fire Brian Flores

YoloinOhio

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

I just believe he was terrible at making relationships.  He screwed up the situation last year with Fitz and then left Tua out to dry through the trade deadline.

I have to believe Tua is thrilled he is gone.

I could see him going to Houston, but he seems to me exactly like Bill O’Brien type coach - so we will see what happens.

I guess some, like yourself, might see it that way. I think he's a hard nosed coach, and his teams always played hard for him.

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

I just believe he was terrible at making relationships.  He screwed up the situation last year with Fitz and then left Tua out to dry through the trade deadline.

I have to believe Tua is thrilled he is gone.

I could see him going to Houston, but he seems to me exactly like Bill O’Brien type coach - so we will see what happens.

But he’s been super protective/supporting of Tua all season? And that seems like a locker room that really loves their Head Coach

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Really, really dumb move, IMO.

Flores has that team playing pretty well I thought. 

The worst part of this is that they might move on from Tua now as well. 

Just as an aside to this - Both he and Gase coached 3 seasons in Miami.  The difference was the one extra game this year that Flores won.  Plus Gase at least made the Playoffs one year.

Everyone thinks Gase is terrible, but Flores record was really no better and he never made the playoffs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Jim Harbaugh. That’s the only explanation I have for this move. They must’ve already had a deal in place. 

Sean McDermott ruined this man’s career lol.

Dolphins were 9-6 against anyone not named the Bills this year, and 10-4 against anyone not named the Bills last year.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

Just as an aside to this - Both he and Gase coached 3 seasons in Miami.  The difference was the one extra game this year that Flores won.  Plus Gase at least made the Playoffs one year.

Everyone thinks Gase is terrible, but Flores record was really no better and he never made the playoffs.

That's really surprising! I would have bet money that wasn't correct. 

Isn't Gase an assistant coach for a high school or something like that? 

23 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I was a Flores fan.

But we are all Bills fans…we all saw how literally lifeless the Dolphins were everytime they played Buffalo.

it is one thing to lose.  But those games…dolphins didn’t even show up.

You can’t have a head coach who is that bad at getting his team focused for big division games.

0-6 against Buffalo.  And I’m not sure a single one of them was close at all.

they gave us a good game last season in Miami, didn’t they?

23 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I believe his coaching tree has a 0% success rate.

The patriot way isn’t something that can be replicated outside of BB and New England. I actually don’t think BB could replicate it himself elsewhere. It only worked because Brady helped generate very early success. 

And a system of cheating honed over decades - ask Josh McDanies how easy that is to start from scratch

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

But he’s been super protective/supporting of Tua all season? And that seems like a locker room that really loves their Head Coach

Not really - he never once worked to squash the Watson rumors - he talked around them and never threw his support behind Tua.

There is a lot of chatter that this move is a sign that they are supporting Tua in Miami and this change is to help with that.

Flores was the reason Watson wanted Miami - a coach of color.  If he had just come out and squashed the rumor - things might have turned around sooner.  The win streak starts after the trade deadline and suddenly Tua is the undisputed QB.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.