Tommy Doyle at Jumbo TE

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone notice him the last couple games and if he’s been a factor? I admittedly didn’t. Interesting wrinkle. 

Yea, he was out sealing the edge last week on one of Allen’s TD runs to the left. Love seeing him getting some time in there. He is so big but displays agility that’s impressive for a man his size. 
I noticed him last night a couple of times, one of which was him brushing the front of his jersey, signaling to the ref he would be lining up as an eligible receiver. The ref then announces that to the defense. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I’m glad that he’s getting some experience out there and he seems to be making a difference.  Iirc he had 1 (maybe 2 penalties) and almost had another for going  Morton Downey Jr on someone after the play.  Doyle was fired up

It would be nice if we had a TE2 worthy of being active.  Are we the only team in the league that only dresses 1 TE weekly?  I hope he’s been practicing some routes and they have some trickery planned for these playoff games. 

I noticed him a couple times - one being salty after the play (in a good way).  I couldnt figure out why he was playing - at one point I thought Dawkins got hurt or something

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

I noticed him a couple times - one being salty after the play (in a good way).  I couldnt figure out why he was playing - at one point I thought Dawkins got hurt or something

That was my reaction, too. I figured someone was dinged up but this explains it. He and Brown are giants out there. Strength guys will have a field day in the offseason with these two horses. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Spencer Brown was a home run pick, and if Doyle works out as well that's a really good OL draft this year. 

Had the Eagles not stoled Jack Anderson (he started for them at OC the season finale) this would have been a good foundation for years to come. 

Yeah I noticed he was out there a bunch yesterday.

He's basically our Lee Smith now. Granted, he presents zero threat to run a pattern or catch a pass, but he's a capable extra blocker.

It's kind of funny to me, actually. After the Bills struggled with run blocking and pass protection all season, Daboll was finally just like "***** it, we're bringing in an extra tackle."

It also helps explain us only having one true tight end active the past few weeks. If, heaven forbid, Knox ever goes down with injury mid-game....yikes. It's Gilliam city.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

Had the Eagles not stoled Jack Anderson (he started for them at OC the season finale) this would have been a good foundation for years to come. 

If he turns out to be good…..starting a game because their starter was resting doesn’t really mean much.  I thought he had some potential, but he hasn’t shown he can play yet. 

I think people are making to much of it. 

He is playing the role Bates played before becoming our guard - he is the extra lineman brought in.

The increase emphasis on running has given him extra snaps the last 2 games and he does play with nice strength and a bit of an attitude.

He drove a jet defender to the turf yesterday and then got into a nice scrum with the player.  He also had a penalty - I believe - and missed a least one block on the outside.  

He is less athletic than Bates, but Brown, Doyle, and Williams on the right side is a lot of beef and attitude.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.