Antonio Williams released

Giuseppe Tognarelli

Along with other moves:

The timing of this is curious with 2 weeks left in season and Williams being a long-term practice squad player. I wonder if something happened. If it was just to make room on the PS, I would think they would release Proehl, the punter, or one of the recent emergency OL guys.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

31 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

WTF?!?! Why? Seriously? I know he was just on the PS but he's actually shown something in a regular-season game.

Seen on an 'in house' questionnaire completed by Williams:

"Have you ever fumbled or mishandled a kickoff or punt return?  List all incidents, including peewee and pickup games."

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Seen on an 'in house' questionnaire completed by Williams:

"Have you ever fumbled or mishandled a kickoff or punt return?  List all incidents including peewee and pickup games."

Maybe he called McDermott a “slimeball” and just messed up the slang.  

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Not upset by this.  For some reason our fanbase gets really enamored with project players (Duke Williams, Christian Wade, Antonio Williams).  When these types get released people seem so perplexed...it's almost as though the actual coaches and talent evaluators in the NFL know more than fans.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Not upset by this.  For some reason our fanbase gets really enamored with project players (Duke Williams, Christian Wade, Antonio Williams).  When these types get released people seem so perplexed...it's almost as though the actual coaches and talent evaluators in the NFL know more than fans.

That's it... that's all I can take. Fire McDermott. Fire Beane. I am so done with this team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am not getting worked up over a Practice squad RB.

I will wait and see what moves follow.  My guess is you have some other thin positions like OL and the players the team has called up the maximum number of times in the regular season.  They may need the spot for extra depth players and once they get through the next 2 weeks - he will be back or signed to a futures contract.

It just is worth speculating that there was an issue - most likely a roster/team depth issue as guys come back.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

it’s almost as if the actual coaches and talent evaluators never make mistakes.  Meanwhile we kept ford, feliciano, Ike and bates over Wyatt Teller. 

he flashed some good ability and seems to fit our scheme.  I don’t think he’s an RB1 by any means, but he could be a contributor.  I trust him more than I do Brieda.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

So true. If we were going to promote players like these, McD would've done it long ago. Right now the emphasis for the remainder of the season and playoffs is keep Josh and our OL healthy.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Johnnycage dropping the truth bomb! Love to see it.

Agree 100% with this. I am a bit suprised that he never saw a call up with the struggles of Moss and Breida...however that in and of itself may very well be the reason. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.