Who the BLEEP do they think I was?

Long Suffering Fan

Something good from WGR that I caught on the morning show.  They were talking about how the Patriots game plan apparently was to keep Josh in the pocket and force him to be a quarterback...and he carved them up.  Supposedly, when Josh was leaving the field after the game he said:

"Who the BLEEP do they think I was?"

I got to tell you, I love it.  He viewed their game plan as an insult to him and he jammed it down their throat.

Who are you, Josh?  I hope you are their daddy for a long, long time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

They were talking about how the Patriots game plan apparently was to keep Josh in the pocket and force him to be a quarterback...and he carved them up.

Funny - that was the Bills' game plan for Mac, and it worked perfectly!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

Something good from WGR that I caught on the morning show.  They were talking about how the Patriots game plan apparently was to keep Josh in the pocket and force him to be a quarterback...and he carved them up.  Supposedly, when Josh was leaving the field after the game he said:

I got to tell you, I love it.  He viewed their game plan as an insult to him and he jammed it down their throat.

I heard it, too, and literally LOL'd when I heard it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Curran: Josh Allen's Bills expose a hard truth in stomping of Pats

"I don’t know who the f--- they thought I was!" Allen yelled at Bills defensive tackle Harrison Phillips, per Fairburn.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bills-players-relish-beating-patriots-143856503.html

This isn't your 2018-2019 Josh Allen anymore. He was taking the quick check downs when he saw the coverages, running with purpose, and dropping dimes out there. It was awesome to watch. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Here's a link to a great article in the Athletic. Almost started a thread about this last night, but happier to post on yours now. He said it to Horrible Harry as leaving the field.

https://theathletic.com/3036411/2021/12/26/that-guy-is-unbelievable-josh-allen-shows-the-patriots-exactly-who-he-is-in-leading-the-bills-to-a-huge-victory/

From the article, 

"Allen enjoined Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Harrison Phillips for a celebratory dap and hug.

“I don’t know who the fxxx they thought I was, Harry!” Allen yelled.

'Buffalo’s 33 points rank sixth this year, 428 yards sixth, 28 first downs tied for second, 35:09 time of possession third.

All despite an offensive line grouping that never had started together, an emergency replacement who had just recovered from COVID-19, two of the top three receivers absent, tailbacks who averaged 3.4 yards on 15 carries and one dropped touchdown pass that terminated a drive with zero points.

Before the game, imagining such a depleted offense vaulting the Bills to victory would have required visions of Allen putting on a cape and lifting them on his back up, up and away.

He was better than that.

He elevated all those around him to greater heights. Everybody looked good.

That’s who the eff Josh Allen was."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I would hope Belichick was trying to exploit the OL weaknesses... which by some miraculous divine intervention, never materialized.

BB is a cheater but he has to know Allen isn't a rookie QB incapable of reading a defense and taking what they were giving him.

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Josh Allen is going to win a Superbowl here.

He's too good not to. 

BTW, where did all the analytics guys with the Excel spreadsheets go? They had a little moment for the first few weeks! 

I think he will win more than 1 but we have to start somewhere right?  

it’s strange, I’ve been reveling in the coverage from the National media. They seem to forget the Bills handled the Chiefs fairly easily early in the season. They say things like, a team like this might be able

to be the Chiefs. News flash folks, the Bills have and are built to beat the chiefs. They can and they will if they meet in the playoffs. Bring it! 

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Josh Allen is going to win a Superbowl here.

He's too good not to. 

BTW, where did all the analytics guys with the Excel spreadsheets go? They had a little moment for the first few weeks! 

The only question is how many? 

I think he gets 3 minimum 

He's the real deal 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I would hope Belichick was trying to exploit the OL weaknesses... which by some miraculous divine intervention, never materialized.

BB is a cheater but he has to know Allen isn't a rookie QB incapable of reading a defense and taking what they were giving him.

Saw where the Pats actually had a good pressure total (40%+) which surprised me because based on the eye test my impression was that the O-line did a pretty decent job in pass pro and run blocking (which frankly surprised me).

If Josh can keep gutting teams with these quick check downs and flat routes, he's going to be an absolute menace. I was driving back home from the mountains during the game, so I was listening to it live on Sirius XM. It was a New England broadcast and they were absolutely astonished how they were Josh those easy yards. Did anyone else listen to that and know who the broadcasters were? One guy was pretty annoying. He kept calling McD "Papa Smurf". Wasn't sure if that was because some refer to Belichick as Gargamel. But man it was satisfying to hear Josh keep ripping out their souls with all of those big time plays. 

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

I think he will win more than 1 but we have to start somewhere right?  

it’s strange, I’ve been reveling in the coverage from the National media. They seem to forget the Bills handled the Chiefs fairly easily early in the season. They say things like, a team like this might be able

to be the Chiefs. News flash folks, the Bills have and are built to beat the chiefs. They can and they will if they meet in the playoffs. Bring it! 

Not without Tre they are not...

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

Explains why the Oline played so well. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.