Bills sign punter Jamie Gillan to PS

BillsMafi$

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Left footed punters are the cats pajamas now in the NFL...

The spin of the ball is supposedly much harder to track and catch by returners...and since there are so few, they almost never get to see one other than in live game action, so they can't really practice it.

Not that odd...just another way the team is looking to potentially get an edge even if it's ever so slight.

Can't understand why it's harder to track.  However do think the 2nd part of not getting to see them in practice is the key here.

I've posted before, think Bojo is gone because of his contract demands and holding issues.   Haack has been great on holds, punting so-so, hasn't lived up to the expectations.  Having said that, wouldn't be shocked to see the Bills use around a 6th rounder on a punter.

4 hours ago, LittleSammy said:

What about a safety net for Bass. Not sure who our backup PK is? After the Panthers game, McDermott should be sweating this too.

Yeah, I don’t get everyone calling this a Covid safety net move. That makes sense, but you should be equally worried about Bass in that case. This might partially be a Covid move, but I think it has more to do with Haack’s performance. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Can never have too many Gilliam’s on a team. I fully support it. 

You know, it's people like you that add to the confusion around here...🤨

Sometimes referred to as the 'McKittrick Factor', alternately called the 'Edwards Corollary'.

😁

13 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Me too.  "The Scottish Hammer."

Karen Gillan's cousin?!  See if he can get Thanos' autograph!

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I like the cut of your jib.  There are not a plot of posters here who think like you. 

McDermott's obsession with things that don't matter is hilarious--but also embarrassing.

The funny thing is, he is allowed to get away with it.

I made a joke a few years ago that he would take a defensive tackle with our first pick in the draft...and he actually did.

What a hilarious joke.

Know who else took a DT with their first pick in the draft at some point not too far back? A lot of the league, including the last five Super Bowl champs. And it could be more. I only went back five years of champions.

And saying STs are "things that don't matter" says a lot more about you not getting it than McDermott.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/24/2021 at 5:02 PM, FilthyBeast said:

It never ceases to amaze me how much importance this franchise puts on ST and players that only fit that mold.

If they only had the same mindset with positions that actually mattered (i.e. OL/DL) then maybe we'd actually have a chance of going somewhere this year and beyond.

I think it doesn’t make sense to think of things as an either/or. Getting a reserve punter doesn’t mean they aren’t evaluating d-linemen. Punters do matter, btw. Lose one for a game and you are at a severe disadvantage.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.