Dion Dawkins, Stefon Diggs named to Pro Bowl

YoloinOhio

On 12/22/2021 at 11:11 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Every poster that defends Edmunds brings up his pro bowl selections as some sort of fact that he isn't as terrible as we all see watching him play.

I was one of these posters and I will never do that again (still thinks he gets a 2nd contract for other reasons but that’s another thread).
Wow this years vote is pretty terrible. See my penance below. 

On 12/22/2021 at 11:40 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

He doesn’t have any bills on his list (and that includes his like 5-6 also considereds). Clearly he forget we have a football team if he doesn’t think we have any in the top 16 snubs. 

Poyer not making is a tragedy and fortunately Poyer was on McAfee recently with his charity (he must’ve known). I’ve given $21 for this ridiculousness and my error in ever using pro bowls in defense of anything (QR code comes up around the 13 minute mark)

On 12/23/2021 at 12:23 AM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Mitch Morse?!!  Are they kidding? Who the he!! voted for him?!  There are always snubs but some of these selections are ridiculous.  Dawkins is having a mediocre year, probably due to his COVID experience, as is the whole O-Line, and he makes it for this season?

23 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

So Lamar has been injured for weeks and Herbert is the starter based on what?  

Herbert: 32 Tds 12 Ints.  99.1 rating

Josh:.     31 Tds 13 Ints   95.9 rating

Both teams are 8-6

It's not a stretch to vote Herbert over Josh.

Unless, of course, you're a Bills homer. 

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, Dopey said:

Both teams are 8-6

I think if you look at what Josh has had to deal with (awful offensive line), Josh should have been voted in and probably deserves to start, instead of Herbert. Not to mention, Josh’s numbers are on par with Herbert’s when Josh has also sat out multiple 4th quarters due to blowouts where Herbert has had a chance to get some garbage time stats due to his team being blown out in at least 2 games that I can recall. Not saying Herbert doesn’t deserve to go to the pro bowl but he isn’t having a better season than Josh.

Also, your number for Josh on interceptions is wrong. Both him and Herbert have 12. 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, cisco2403 said:

I think if you look at what Josh has had to deal with (awful offensive line), Josh should have been voted in and probably deserves to start, instead of Herbert. Not to mention, Josh’s numbers are on par with Herbert’s when Josh has also sat out multiple 4th quarters due to blowouts where Herbert has had a chance to get some garbage time stats due to his team being blown out in at least 2 games that I can recall. Not saying Herbert doesn’t deserve to go to the pro bowl but he isn’t having a better season than Josh.

Also, your number for Josh on interceptions is wrong. Both him and Herbert have 12. 

Dopey's point was there is a reasonable argument both ways. And he is right. They have had very similar seasons. 

On 12/23/2021 at 8:10 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

its really crazy that if you change one play in each loss, except for the colts game, we win them all and could only have one loss

But that is the problem though.  Allen was not able to make those game changing plays at the end of the game to win it.   If he had done them he would be the king right now.    I think the all time greats make those plays count;  Allen did it last season;  However, this season he has not delivered. 

*.  1st and goal -  He had four chances to punch it in against the titans 

* In the Red zone - He had his chance to score in the red zone against the Patriots and failed 

*. In the Red zone -  He had his chance to score the winning game against the Jaguars and he failed 

* Against Tampa - He had his chacne to go ahead with the winning TD and he couldn't.

I am not saying Allen failed on all the above plays (many were due to poor play by his team mates) but he needed to will himself to make that one play in each game and he did not.

BTW Allen is my favourite player and our lone superstar after such a long time...But he failed in critical times.

22 hours ago, Dopey said:

Both teams are 8-6

And the chargers have the same record with a terrible defense.

Lamar getting in over Josh is a travesty.  He was great in the first half of the year, but pedestrian since

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.