Victory Beers 🍺 - Spencer Brown!

wppete

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

Love this guys attitude and the nastiness he plays with. He brings an attitude to the Oline. 

He quite honestly had the worst solitary performance by an OLman I have seen in a long time. 

Ford can’t play but at least you don’t hear his name called 15 times.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

He quite honestly had the worst solitary performance by an OLman I have seen in a long time. 

Ford can’t play but at least you don’t hear his name called 15 times.

If they tried putting Ford on an island against two of the best young pass rushers in the league, all hell would break loose.  Brown had a rough game no question and he became unglued a bit which is why he was briefly benched (he came back in on third and long and immediately gave up a sack) but even at his worst he’s better than Ford who has no business on a starting NFL roster.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If they tried putting Ford on an island against two of the best young pass rushers in the league, all hell would break loose.  Brown had a rough game no question and he became unglued a bit which is why he was briefly benched (he came back in on third and long and immediately gave up a sack) but even at his worst he’s better than Ford who has no business on a starting NFL roster.

this.  His stats may show that he stunk...but he was nasty....the Bills did score 4 TDs...the guy must have had something to do with that

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I was disappointed in McDermott's "chat" with him as he pulled him from the game.

He should have chewed his ass off, but didn't.

His job was to calm him down, not fire him up.

Why the heck do you people think that ass-chewings actually work on grown men?

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 14

30 minutes ago, wppete said:

Love this guys attitude and the nastiness he plays with. He brings an attitude to the Oline. 

Sorry, I don’t believe in this whole “nastiness” thing that gets thrown around with some linemen. I want my linemen to be good, I don’t care if they are nasty. The Bills “nasty” linemen this week either couldn’t play because he has Covid (and quite honestly isn’t great when he is in there) or is getting 5 penalties called against him. 

I really like Brown, I think he can be a good lineman, but I think that term “nasty” for a lineman is thrown around too often for a guy that might not necessarily be that good but apparently has some sort of attitude. Not for nothing, but don’t most linemen play with an attitude? I know I would if I had to yang my head against 300 pounds guys 60+ times a game 

Edited by Ya Digg?
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 5

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Is a 22 year old now considered a grown man?

You think he developed that kind of strength and technique playing video games?

That young man has been working his ass off at a full time job for years; damn right he considers himself a grown man.

People that think chewing out men like that is productive are engaging in projection fantasies; I'm glad McDermott is above it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He really hurt the team this week with his penalties and McD rightfully sat him down for a Bit. 

I had no idea why he thought taunting was a good idea after playing the way he did today...granted he had it rough with having to basically play LT with no prior experience, but still...

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

His job was to calm him down, not fire him up.

Why the heck do you people think that ass-chewings actually work on grown men?

It was unfair to put him in that position, but it was the best option we had. He had an absolutely miserable day out there, but I still love the guy, his attitude and his ceiling. YES, he has a long way to go, but I am fully behind the young man.

As for the sideline “chat”, destroying the guy in that moment would have been the least productive move possible. Teach, don’t crush.  

6 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Sorry, I don’t believe in this whole “nastiness” thing that gets thrown around with some linemen. I want my linemen to be good, I don’t care if they are nasty. The Bills “nasty” linemen this week either couldn’t play because he has Covid (and quite honestly isn’t great when he is in there) or is getting 5 penalties called against him. 

I really like Brown, I think he can be a good lineman, but I think that term “nasty” for a lineman is thrown around too often for a guy that might not necessarily be that good but apparently has some sort of attitude. Not for nothing, but don’t most linemen play with an attitude? I know I would if I had to yang my head against 300 pounds guys 60+ times a game 

Replace “nasty” with “physical” and see how it feels/sounds. We need to be more physical, and attitude is a big part of that. I have no problem with the term nasty. You can be capable of being physical, but if you’re not naturally inclined to dominate, it’s not worth much. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I was disappointed in McDermott's "chat" with him as he pulled him from the game.

He should have chewed his ass off, but didn't.

Initially I agreed, but looking at the replay it was one of those plays where the other guy started it first and he responded and got the call.  Just like earlier that one on the sideline, Bills started it, but Panther guy made the last push and got flagged.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.