[Vague Title]

Marvlevydraftdaygenius

Marquez Stevenson, He is the fastest wide receiver. It gives Josh a deep threat that can outrun defensive backs and is good when at college of running after the catch because right now no wide receiver currently playing scares teams going deep.   Plus, in the one preseason game that they played him at wide out he was impressive with his hands and catching the ball with defenders right out around him.  I think Mcdermott made a mistake when he said he did not trust his returners to catch the ball in that wind against the Patriots.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Marquez Stevenson, He is the fastest wide receiver. It gives Josh a deep threat that can outrun defensive backs and is good when at college of running after the catch because right now no wide receiver currently playing scares teams going deep.   Plus, in the one preseason game that they played him at wide out he was impressive with his hands and catching the ball with defenders right out around him.  I think Mcdermott made a mistake when he said he did not trust his returners to catch the ball in that wind against the Patriots.

Can he run block?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Kelly's Heroes said:

Stevenson is a bust, another paycheck player....I would like to see Mckenzie get more playing time. Actual passing routes. 

what 2-3 games in and the kid is a bust already? bet you were one of the guys who wanted bass cut after the first few weeks of his rookie year

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

I like his elusiveness, but ball security must be drummed into his head. One fumble in a big spot could decide a game and our season. 

26 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

WR play is the very least of our problems. 

But someone that can pop the top off or at least give the safeties something to consider is definitely missing.  

If he's active, give him 5 snaps and unleash 1 to him.  Get it on tape so the D has to game plan for it.

Right now the Ds we play game plan is:

"They can't run it.  We actually want them to.  Double team Diggs and be physical with him and their not physical smaller WRs because the refs never call us for Def holding against them anyway.  Yes that Knox is good he's their #2 now."  

Mecole Hardman sucks but that doesn't stop the Chiefs who already have Hill from throwing the occasional bomb to him.

Same the Packers and MVS.  I'm just saying if he's active you should find a way to use him at least once.  

46 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Marquez Stevenson, He is the fastest wide receiver. It gives Josh a deep threat that can outrun defensive backs and is good when at college of running after the catch because right now no wide receiver currently playing scares teams going deep. 

Really? Diggs has been an excellent deep threat his entire career. He's had 2 incidents with tracking recently, but that's not an ongoing problem, he gets open deep.

The issue is how do we give Josh 4 seconds to unleash a deep bomb with our OL?

• Agree 3

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Simon changed the title to [Vague Title]
38 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

He looks like a scared rookie on kick returns. Idk. Not sold until he gets some swag and makes a few plays. 

My thoughts too. Looks like he's never even seen a kickoff before. Maybe getting him involved in the passing game may give him some more confidence. 

So far, his reported speed isn't really showing. 

Just now, Captain_Quint said:

My thoughts too. Looks like he's never even seen a kickoff before. Maybe getting him involved in the passing game may give him some more confidence. 

So far, his reported speed isn't really showing. 

Yeah, he doesn't look like he belongs out there yet. 

He needs to get racked up a couple times without fumbling; maybe then he can focus more on attacking opponents than defending the ball.

1 hour ago, WMDman said:

what 2-3 games in and the kid is a bust already? bet you were one of the guys who wanted bass cut after the first few weeks of his rookie year

And a 6th round pick to boot!  How can a 6th round pick even be a bust?

44 minutes ago, 947 said:

Really? Diggs has been an excellent deep threat his entire career. He's had 2 incidents with tracking recently, but that's not an ongoing problem, he gets open deep.

The issue is how do we give Josh 4 seconds to unleash a deep bomb with our OL?

Agreed, Both Diggs and Sanders have shown they can consistently get even deep this year.

1 hour ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Sure but can he play guard?

If we had Andy Reid as our OC and Daboll was KC's head coach, our players would look like KC's players and their players would be underused like ours.  The NFL is full of talent, size and speed (not the drug).   Really good coaches, coaches that know how to get the most out of that talent, size and speed (not the drug), are hard to come by.

I would like to see Diggs lined up to the left-side of the LOS with Stevenson opposite lined up on the right-side of the LOS.  Then have Josh play action fake, roll to his left like he's going to Diggs but then unleash a bomb deep center to Stevenson - very similar to the TD Matt Stafford threw to Van Jefferson in the Monday Night Game this week.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.