December 6, 2021 Gameday Bills vs. Patriots* Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/season/mac-jones/JON586540/2021/all/qb-grid

I believe the contrary as Mac Jones has trouble on hitting down the middle past LOS to past 20 yds (most of his INTs there) and anything past 20 to sidelines in good weather.  So he will be limited to flares, dump offs to running backs and short crossers meaning Bills can just play short areas with zone or some man if blitzing.   Even the TE Seam and WR Curls 15 15 yards will be problematic for him as he has never seen weather like he will tonight.   Balls fly high when wind behind you and get hung up into the wind.   Really think his lack of arm strength will hurt Pats offense tonight and make it easier for Bills to sell out to stop the run game.  

Bills should also play the taller DEs and DTs (AJ, Groot, Efe, etc) to help knock balls down or force tipped balls on passing downs.  If Edmunds and Milano don't have to drop deep they can really commit to run and bail at last moment of play action.  Those 2 and Taron Johnson in coverage will be keys to how the Bills do tonight.

Nice analysis. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

Throw the loss to Miami out the window, that was the beginning of the season. Who brings up the Steelers beating Buffalo?

I agree with you on everything else.

That's fair, and I don't really hold that against them.

They have scored a lot in some of the games during their 6-game winning streak.  But I watched a lot of those games. Some, like Atlanta & TN, just weren't impressive, despite the final result. They stalled in the red zone in both of those games, repeatedly.  I felt like both of those teams - though a bad team in one case and a depleted team in another - had chances to win or at least compete until the end. 

This isn't "that" Patriots team.  I would watch them during the dynasty years, and wonder how in the world we'd beat them (and sure enough....)    But I haven't felt that at all this season. They're being hyped that way, but it's not a big scoring offense, and the D's effectiveness has been inflated against some pretty middlin' competition.  And don't get me started on Jones.  He's hype personified right now.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

So, a while back, I changed my DTV package to one that was less expensive. Mainly because my wife wanted Hallmark channel. Weird the lower package had the channel but the higher one didn't. Today I discovered that I don't have ESPN. Signed up for a free trial of HULU+ which has the game. Hoping everything works the way it's supposed to in these high winds.

Or you can just watch "A NASHVILLE CHRISTMAS CAROL" at 8PM

A television producer is forced to work with the man who broke her heart on a country music Christmas special while being interrupted by Christmas spirits determined for her to revisit her past.

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 2

...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS
EVENING...

* WHAT...Southwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.

* WHERE...Chautauqua and Southern Erie counties.

* WHEN...Until 7 PM EST this evening.

* IMPACTS...Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines.
Widespread power outages are expected. Travel will be
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.

Expires in 3 hr.

1 hour ago • Source: National Weather Service

The Bills are the better team.  The only thing that can stop them is if they let Bellichick get inside their heads.  He's got 11 guys on defense.  No matter where he puts them, Josh and Daboll should be able to make adjustments and call the right plays.  They can't freak out or they'll be in trouble.  

2 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS
EVENING...

* WHAT...Southwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.

* WHERE...Chautauqua and Southern Erie counties.

* WHEN...Until 7 PM EST this evening.

* IMPACTS...Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines.
Widespread power outages are expected. Travel will be
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.

Expires in 3 hr.

1 hour ago • Source: National Weather Service

It's the post-7:00 PM that seems to be the mystery now.  Though, I think we might assume that the winds will decrease somewhat.

But I'm no weather guy.   I enjoy good weather, but that's where my weather savvy ends.

1 minute ago, Success said:

It's the post-7:00 PM that seems to be the mystery now.  Though, I think we might assume that the winds will decrease somewhat.

But I'm no weather guy.   I enjoy good weather, but that's where my weather savvy ends.

Forecast says winds will still be 20-25MPH during the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1