Sunday late thread: Baltimore at Pittsburgh

Hapless Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

So Gutsy of a call..I’m just not sure at this point in the season is the time to roll the dice..

Harbaugh couldn’t trust his team to

beat the Steelers in Ot? 

Do the Analytics support going for it

considering their schedule, playoff seeding etc? 

Lol, what were the Ravens trying to prove with that? You have to respect your opponent enough to take the points. I hope the Bills learned their lesson from the Jags and Titans games.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I love the decision by Harbaugh.  You’re on the road and Steelers dominated the 4th quarter.  

Going by the numbers it’s absolutely the right decision, just as it was right for us to go for it in Tennessee rather than kick the FG.  

No problem with the decision.  Glad it worked out the way it did, too. 

3 minutes ago, BRH said:

Going by the numbers it’s absolutely the right decision, just as it was right for us to go for it in Tennessee rather than kick the FG.  

No problem with the decision.  Glad it worked out the way it did, too. 

Yep.  It was the right call both by analytics and by what was going on in the game.  

11 minutes ago, Success said:

I'd be furious if I was a Ravens fan.

I don't care if it's on the road. The Ravens are the better team.  You take that game to OT.

That’s where I don’t always like analytics. The odds might be in your favor, but I think having a feel for the game is just as important. If I’m an underdog, and I’m lucky to be in the game, of course I take my chances with two yards. It’s easier to get two yards than stop the opponent, or drive the length of the field on offense. However, if you’re the better team, you’re reducing the game to one play that can be very random. The stats don’t measure how much a two point conversion is almost like a soccer penalty kick. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.