Shame on Republicans

Today a GOP House member was censured for posting a video where he kills AOC and Biden on Twitter.

Think about that. If you were in any work place in the world, you’d be fired. You’d get referred over to law enforcement.

Two Republicans voted that doing so was  wrong. Many voted it’s ok. 

AOC said it best, “What is so hard about saying that this is wrong? This is not about me. This is not about representative Gosar, but this is about what we are willing to accept."

It shouldn’t be this hard for people to say you shouldn’t issue a depiction of murdering a member of Congress is wrong.

But here we are. It was that hard. It’s what the right is willing to accept and all we can say is shame. Shame on them.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So this is a condemnation of ALL Republicans?  🙄

No, sorry. It’s a condemnation on the Republicans that voted not to censure and a condemnation on any person that votes for them in the next election cycle. Sorry I should have been clearer. And a condemnation on Republicans that would vote such people into office

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So this is a condemnation of ALL Republicans?  🙄

Also, toss your stance down. Is it ok for a member of Congress to post a video where a depiction of him kills a fellow member and the President?

Edited by Backintheday544

10 minutes ago, Irv said:

image.jpeg.4867cd6070ae7c0f0bd6fbf765d6a443.jpeg

@Docguy is bringing up Trump before a Biden reference please respond to saying how dumb.

@Irv why is it so hard for you to say posting a video where someone kills a member of Congress and the President is wrong?

Like really. Dump the gifs and dumb images. How in your mind is this justifiable?

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

@Docguy is bringing up Trump before a Biden reference please respond to saying how dumb.

@Irv why is it so hard for you to say posting a video where someone kills a member of Congress and the President is wrong?

Like really. Dump the gifs and dumb images. How in your mind is this justifiable?

You must be Demented as Biden.  Ever hear the name Steve Scalise?

image.jpeg.bc8f6e6412c775afc271e873421f5861.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

I’m watching the super hard to watch Ingraham whatever … it is awful… just giddy over poll results and retirements… blah blah blah.

Republicans are proactively celebrating the low approval ratings but aren’t thinking ahead as it’s going to bottom out and come back. 

gridlock is the best we can ever hope for. 

2 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Shame on them.

Providing a link would have been nice.

But that would have shown PPP how lame this thread was.

While House Rep. Lauren Boebert may be out of a job soon due to redistricting in her home state of Colorado, she’s apparently not going to go away quietly. Today, she took the floor to deliver a scathing rebuke of Democrats who are currently wasting the people’s time by voting to strip Rep. Paul Gosar of his committee assignments.

This latest bout of norm-breaking came after Democrats flipped out over a video showing Gosar supposedly “killing” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez.

You can watch it here, but it’s clear that it was meant to be nothing more than a meme, with Gosar shown in anime form also slicing through a picture of Joe Biden.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/11/dems-try-to-censure-gosar-for-anime-in-which-he-kills-aoc.html

Yes, the House is now trying to strip a Republican of his committee assignments over a cartoon.  And for her part, Boebert was having none of this idiocy. She went there on several topics that most Republican politicians are too squeamish to ever talk about.

Look, I don’t care if you don’t like Gosar. He’s too nutty for my tastes and has made some very poor choices in who he associates with, but the point Boebert is making is a good one.

We have a member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee in Rep. Ilhan Omar who is credibly accused of marrying her brother while subsequently paying hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign funds to her former lover (now husband). In another instance, Rep. Rashida Tlaib defended terrorists firing rockets at children and repeated anti-Semitic claims of a false Jewish blood libel.

And lest we forget, there is also a member of the Intelligence Committee in Rep. Eric Swalwell who slept with a Chinese spy named Fang Fang and lied about it, because as you know, things always manage to get more absurd. Yet, no one in leadership is doing anything to strip any of those bad actors of their committee assignments.

But the House is using taxpayer money to try to punish Gosar over a freaking cartoon? This entire thing is asinine, and it’s exactly why no one likes Congress. It’s a body full of self-righteous hypocrites who carry one set of rules for themselves and another for their enemies.

More at the link: https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/11/17/lauren-boebert-goes-there-and-then-some-on-the-house-floor-while-calling-out-democrats-n477599

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Republicans are proactively celebrating the low approval ratings but aren’t thinking ahead as it’s going to bottom out and come back. 

Thinking ahead.....hmmmmm.........yea been doing that since 15 days became never.  

Start by declaring all vaccine passport mandates DOA.  

Take off your ridiculous face diaper.

Turn the country back into one where there is actual meaning and purpose - you have K-5 kids in the millions who's friends and teachers haven't even seen their faces.

Let that sink in.  The leftists on this planet around the globe the ones locking down Ireland Austria Australia or Wherever are the most cowardly corrupt power hungry tyrants we haven't seen since Hitler.  Only enabled by compliance of their die hard supporters who will gladly move goal posts with them because bad orange man tweets.  

YEAR THREE!!!

Spare us any "not thinking ahead."  It's all we've been doing as you blindly obey without question.  

• Agree 1

im paying close to 4 dollars in gas. have friends devising ways to home school so they dont have to pump vax in there kids and am reading about a anime meme and the possable trauma it may have caused millionaires that aint doing sh/÷ about any of it. 

please get this off the first page so real discussions can be had. 

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m watching the super hard to watch Ingraham whatever … it is awful… just giddy over poll results and retirements… blah blah blah.

gridlock is the best we can ever hope for. 

Op: Shame? You can’t shame the shameless. There is no bottom for these people.

I could tell a few months ago that you were watching too much fake news. I turned it off completely about a year ago. A few months ago I also stopped using Twitter unless it’s NFL related. 

I’ll just stick to campaigns and election coverage, economic/worker news, etc.

But yes, people are running out of things to be outraged about and there’s a whole year until the midterms.

You also have Donald, and DeSantis to a lesser degree, flailing around in the background trying to stay relevant and hold onto control of the party.

Taking a step back from all of the nonsense, you realize the GOP has a terrible group of candidates running in the next cycle. Like, actual crazy people.

So, they have to somehow keep people angry AND get them to vote for extremely unelectable candidates. That can’t really work in senate races.

Trump definitely isn’t helping.

Fuel crisis peaked.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-16/iea-says-end-of-oil-price-rally-in-sight-as-production-recovers

Inflation likely peaked.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/10/inflation-may-cool-off-in-november-and-december-shipping-data-suggests.html

Q4 growth is incredible.

https://www.atlantafed.org/-/media/documents/cqer/researchcq/gdpnow/RealGDPTrackingSlides.pdf

Record low unemployment ahead.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/15/economy/unemployment-rate-goldman-sachs/index.html

Job numbers look great.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/11/16/government-underestimated-job-growth/?utm_source=reddit.com

Historic wage gains.

https://apnews.com/article/business-wages-salaries-increase-8ce98ea3bcc14c4810eb5a1111e1df49#:~:text=The 1.5% increase in wages,during that period%2C economists said.&text=However%2C compared with a year,%%2C also a record gain

Child poverty cut in half.

https://www.economist.com/united-states/america-is-substantially-reducing-poverty-among-children/21804765

Stock market at record highs. Infrastructure bill passed. I could keep going…

That’s a very favorable political environment for Dems 8 months from now.

Can Irv and the gang pretend these things aren’t happening for a whole year? It kinda looks like Irv might be left twisting in the wind here soon.

In the meantime, it looks like the Feds will be quite busy raiding and locking up these Trumper criminals. Trouble ahead for the cult.

As far as gridlock, the House is the SB for the GOP. That’s the new norm. Unfortunately, Biden’s domestic agenda will already be completed by the midterms and I expect him to shift to foreign policy so the House will go back to being mostly ignored.

A GOP clown show in the House for 2 years favors Democrats in the next presidential. It’s a gift. They keep showering us with gifts. Voters will need to be reminded just how stupid they are and vote accordingly. Perhaps we can finish that Hillary investigation? Impeachment? Ok, I’m getting excited here so I’ll stop.

Edited by Governor
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

Providing a link would have been nice.

But that would have shown PPP how lame this thread was.

While House Rep. Lauren Boebert may be out of a job soon due to redistricting in her home state of Colorado, she’s apparently not going to go away quietly. Today, she took the floor to deliver a scathing rebuke of Democrats who are currently wasting the people’s time by voting to strip Rep. Paul Gosar of his committee assignments.

This latest bout of norm-breaking came after Democrats flipped out over a video showing Gosar supposedly “killing” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez.

You can watch it here, but it’s clear that it was meant to be nothing more than a meme, with Gosar shown in anime form also slicing through a picture of Joe Biden.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/11/dems-try-to-censure-gosar-for-anime-in-which-he-kills-aoc.html

Yes, the House is now trying to strip a Republican of his committee assignments over a cartoon.  And for her part, Boebert was having none of this idiocy. She went there on several topics that most Republican politicians are too squeamish to ever talk about.

Look, I don’t care if you don’t like Gosar. He’s too nutty for my tastes and has made some very poor choices in who he associates with, but the point Boebert is making is a good one.

We have a member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee in Rep. Ilhan Omar who is credibly accused of marrying her brother while subsequently paying hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign funds to her former lover (now husband). In another instance, Rep. Rashida Tlaib defended terrorists firing rockets at children and repeated anti-Semitic claims of a false Jewish blood libel.

And lest we forget, there is also a member of the Intelligence Committee in Rep. Eric Swalwell who slept with a Chinese spy named Fang Fang and lied about it, because as you know, things always manage to get more absurd. Yet, no one in leadership is doing anything to strip any of those bad actors of their committee assignments.

But the House is using taxpayer money to try to punish Gosar over a freaking cartoon? This entire thing is asinine, and it’s exactly why no one likes Congress. It’s a body full of self-righteous hypocrites who carry one set of rules for themselves and another for their enemies.

More at the link: https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/11/17/lauren-boebert-goes-there-and-then-some-on-the-house-floor-while-calling-out-democrats-n477599

Your response is exactly why I titled the thread as I did.

Do an experiment today. Take the same video and put your co-workers faces on it instead of Biden and AOC. Then go post it online and share it with your co-workers.

Let me know if you have a job (assuming you have one to start off with) after doing that.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Today a GOP House member was censured for posting a video where he kills AOC and Biden on Twitter.

Think about that. If you were in any work place in the world, you’d be fired. You’d get referred over to law enforcement.

AOC said it best, “What is so hard about saying that this is wrong? This is not about me. This is not about representative Gosar, but this is about what we are willing to accept."

It shouldn’t be this hard for people to say you shouldn’t issue a depiction of murdering a member of Congress is wrong.

But here we are. It was that hard. It’s what the right is willing to accept and all we can say is shame. Shame on them.

Did you think the video was really a threat? If you did you are too dumb for this conversation. I think it is a dumb video but this outrage is hilarious. Maybe he should just have had a  prop of her head covered in blood. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

Did you think the video was really a threat? If you did you are too dumb for this conversation. I think it is a dumb video but this outrage is hilarious. Maybe he should just have had a  prop of her head covered in blood. 

So threats don't matter? 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

I want to be clear here.  

I don’t care about this in the least, other than to say I agree with you that normal people, loving normal lives, under normal, non-Congress rules, should avoid superimposing their faces on cartoon characters flying about and engaging with other cartoon characters with the face of other co-workers superimposed on them.   I concur that it would likely set a meeting in place with real life HR people and termination of employment would be a distinct possibility. 

Kudos to Lauren Boebert, she a tad nutty for me personally, for using her limited time to point out the non-cartoon antics of fellow members of an ironically cartoonish Congress.   Unfortunately, she could have spoken for 24 straight hours on real life issues that are of concern to me and still not had enough time. 

Obviously, though, condolences to the cartoon relatives of the deceased cartoon character for their loss. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

That happened with Kathy Griffin with Trumps head and the right wing flipped out and tried to cancel her.

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

That happened with Kathy Griffin with Trumps head and the right wing flipped out and tried to cancel her.

So you thought a cartoon where AOC is bigger than a house is a realistic depiction of them fighting? As I said not much point in discussing.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

No, sorry. It’s a condemnation on the Republicans that voted not to censure and a condemnation on any person that votes for them in the next election cycle. Sorry I should have been clearer. And a condemnation on Republicans that would vote such people into office

Then change the title so you don't look like the tool that you likely are. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Reminder:

This latest bout of norm-breaking came after Democrats flipped out over a video showing Gosar supposedly “killing” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez.

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Reminder:

This latest bout of norm-breaking came after Democrats flipped out over a video showing Gosar supposedly “killing” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez.

Wait...that's what he was censured over??  The snowflake parade continues.   

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Kathy Griffin’s problem was cancelled by the left over concerns of profit, not the right who generally could care less about a minor celebrity doing something silly.  

Her other challenge is that she’s emotionally soft and was unable to handle the reaction she had to know she was going to get.  She posed with a severed head, raising specters of assassination and Islamic facism.  I heard an interview she gave to Howard Stern after the controversy, she was a blubbering mess whining about how she was treated.

Contrast that with Dave Chappel who responds to controversy with a hearty “Hey we can talk about this all you want but go $&@@ yourself in the meantime.”.  

Oh, and she also publicly commented that Pete Buttigieg supported her but wanted to do it on the downlow.   That likely goes for lots of dem politicians. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

So then if wrong is wrong then you would agree that all those that paid for the lies of the last 4 years that were generated by a fake paid for dossier and kept having investigative panels to keep the lies going should all be censured too ?

And all involved being democrat or republican should be held accountable after all right is right !!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, T master said:

So then if wrong is wrong then you would agree that all those that paid for the lies of the last 4 years that were generated by a fake paid for dossier and kept having investigative panels to keep the lies going should all be censured too ?

And all involved being democrat or republican should be held accountable after all right is right !!  

There’s another post about dossiers and Russia you can bring that up in. Knock off the whataboutism.

This post is about how it’s wrong to post a video of a co-worker being killed by you and how Republicans think that’s ok.

8 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

There’s another post about dossiers and Russia you can bring that up in. Knock off the whataboutism.

This post is about how it’s wrong to post a video of a co-worker being killed by you and how Republicans think that’s ok.

T raises a good point though. 

You’re seemingly outraged over the actions of cartoon characters, yet apparently comfortable with folks in real life doing all sorts of nasty things. The fact that you don’t want to talk about the hypocrisy of your position here, in this moment, at this time is quite revealing.  

Which was the more egregious action in your opinion—-politically motivated individuals of the dem party en mass prosecuting a non-existent case against a lawfully elected president, dividing the nation in the process, and failing to prove any wrongdoing by said president……or the nutty politician posting a cartoon guy doing cartoony things? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 11/18/2021 at 4:00 AM, Backintheday544 said:

Your response is exactly why I titled the thread as I did.

Do an experiment today. Take the same video and put your co-workers faces on it instead of Biden and AOC. Then go post it online and share it with your co-workers.

Let me know if you have a job (assuming you have one to start off with) after doing that.

Not only would I have a job it would likely be played at our annual awards party to hysterical laughter and raving reviews.  

I think the left needs to lighten up.  But we knew that. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Not only would I have a job it would likely be played at our annual awards party to hysterical laughter and raving reviews.  

I think the left needs to lighten up.  But we knew that. 

Well where you work then is special… almost one of a kind…. Like a snowflake

On 11/17/2021 at 7:29 PM, Backintheday544 said:

Also, toss your stance down. Is it ok for a member of Congress to post a video where a depiction of him kills a fellow member and the President?

Perhaps there is one, but I haven't seen anyone say the video was appropriate or in good taste.  All repubs I've heard have said this, that it was in poor taste and inappropriate.

Now what response or punishment is appropriate in response? Is censure and removal from all committees appropriate?  I don't know.  It's the first time it's ever, ever been done.

I guess my point is just because someone voted against this level of punishment doesn't mean he/she agreed with the video meme that Gosar did. I think it's dangerous precedent to establish, that the ruling party can censure and remove a member of the other party from their committees.  But teams and shyt. We are where we are.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

Well where you work then is special… almost one of a kind…. Like a snowflake

Nah. We are all adults that love to laugh.  

51 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Seriously.  How can anyone muster the energy to care about this cartoon when the new Starbucks cup promotes satanism?

What???  I just had a Starbucks for the first time in a long time and I MISSED it!?!?  WTF!!

On 11/19/2021 at 9:43 AM, BillStime said:

This thread is awesome...

I just want to be sure I understand this correctly. So someone on the left can make fun of what a man decides to put in his mouth and it’s simply a funny joke. Now, what if I make fun of what Pete Buttigieg puts in his mouth? Wouldn’t I be censored and cancelled (assuming I had a following)? Kind of a double standard, don’t you think?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, billsfan5121 said:

I just want to be sure I understand this correctly. So someone on the left can make fun of what a man decides to put in his mouth and it’s simply a funny joke. Now, what if I make fun of what Pete Buttigieg puts in his mouth? Wouldn’t I be censored and cancelled (assuming I had a following)? Kind of a double standard, don’t you think?

Is Pete fellating anyone on the floor of the House of Representatives?

Idiots

• Agree 1