Poor roster decisions still an issue with this regime

FilthyBeast

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Pretty sure that wasn't Josh's blind side.  Didn't that blitzer come off the left end of the D line and around the right guard?  I think that guy is Josh's responsibility and he was 100% staring down the left side of the field.

Sorry, I didn't mean he came from his blind side. But I said he was blindsided. So I can see the confusion. 

As you can see from the video he is totally unaware of the blitz on this. It was well disguised, I'd say. Breida say it, though.

From what  I see, Josh might have had 2 seconds. Maybe.

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

hmmm.. 🤔 Who to believe? Sean McDermott or a filthy beast.. 

Tough call.

He needs some music 

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

On the Breida/Moss thing...  My guess is that McD and Daboll don't have a lot of confidence in the OL. 

While Breida is faster, he's not hard to bring down.  He does best work in space and the Bills linemen don't create a lot of it.

Moss is a more powerful runner who can sometimes get yardage even when the line-of-scrimmage is dirty and crowded.  

Motor is not hard to bring down either. Personally, I’d rather see Breida than Motor. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

A little bit slower? That is like saying I am a little bit slower than Usain Bolt! I have had milk go sour in the time it takes Haack to punt

Yeah I remember me and you spoke and agreed about this after the Steelers blocked his punt in particular. Some disagreed about it, but from preseason up to Steelers game he for sure looked slow getting the kick away to me and imo it was really noticeable.

But after that up til now he hasn't looked as slow as he was early on, at least to me anyways. Seems like he's getting kicks away closer to normal now, about like any other Punter.

Anyway, far as I can tell he is not as slow. What do you think? Have you noticed a difference?

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

To the OP:  You'll run into huge resistance around here, as you have already done so (not surprising) regardless of the validity of your points.

Most responders will not have read them anyway.

Well, he might get resistance because he's wrong.

5 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I don't understand this, seems like this forum would rather be a lovefest like the Bills lockerroom instead of addressing relevant issues at hand and asking serious questions like whether or not this team is good enough??

Maybe we should all just start posting instagram and ticktock videos here then.

That is deep …  I clearly am not worthy. 
Teeth Tooth GIF by OllieTorres

wanna watch me floss while I sing how much I blindly love the Bills on my TikTok account? 

Edited by Ponch
Added important information

7 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I don't understand this, seems like this forum would rather be a lovefest like the Bills lockerroom instead of addressing relevant issues at hand and asking serious questions like whether or not this team is good enough??

This.

Board rules... no criticism of any kind after a win, no positivity after a loss.

7 hours ago, HansLanda said:

Let's be clear about the punter. His real job is to have perfect holds for Bass, but he happens to punt as well. With this offense, I'd rather have a holder that gets it exactly how Bass wants it.

These things should not be mutually exclusive. A guy should be able to be good at both.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He needs some music 

Motor is not hard to bring down either. Personally, I’d rather see Breida than Motor. 

Devin will always go down on first contact. The only time I can remember him breaking tackles was his rookie year. I too want alot more Gabe & Breida. If he doesn't fumble that play he might've had his 3rd td? He had 1 LB to beat.

• Like (+1) 1

Klein should play MLB in the base 4-3 and when he does they should kick Edmunds outside.  They should predominantly be in the 4-3 against Indy, the Pats, and maybe even New Orleans.  

The base offense should be 3 WR, Knox, and a RB.  They should be in that set 80% of he time.  15% of the time they should go heavy with Bates at TE #3 and Sweeney at TE #2.  5% of the time it should be 4 or 5 WR sets.  It's time to sit Kumerow for good. He isn't adding anything.  Davis can block well and hell even Sanders blocked well this week.  They should rotate Sanders, Davis, and Beasley an equal number of snaps.  They all can line up anywhere.   

The punter is weak.  Poor signing but at this point it's too late to make a change.  Unlikely he is on the team next year.   

Pass rush - still not getting a consistent rush.  Frazier sent 5 guys a fair amount against the Jets.  Rousseau has not done much in several weeks.  I don't think any one guy will make a difference.  Best option is to keep up with a heavy rotation so guys are fresh and lean on Hughes and Addison in the playoffs. 

DT - Oliver is playing really solid football.  DT takes a long time to develop and at this point Oliver looks to be at worst a high end starter for years to come.  With Zimmer out, H. Phillips is getting a third chance at sticking with the team.  I thought when he was a healthy scratch mid-season he would be gone next year. That still might happen but he will have several more games to prove he is worthy of a roster spot.  

8 hours ago, The Dean said:

Sorry, I didn't mean he came from his blind side. But I said he was blindsided. So I can see the confusion. 

As you can see from the video he is totally unaware of the blitz on this. It was well disguised, I'd say. Breida say it, though.

From what  I see, Josh might have had 2 seconds. Maybe.

Brown and Williams are engaged with blockers. And Breida is running an angle route.  There is really only two possibilities here. Breida is either supposed to pick up the blitz and that is why Josh never looked to his right thinking he had adequate pass protection. Or Josh failed to recognize the free rusher pre-snap and should have hit hit his hot receiver.  If Josh looks right and recognizes the blitz he dumps it off to Breida for a few yard gain.  

1 hour ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I really believe that Buffalo looks alot more fluid like a well oiled machine when Gabe Davis is on the field. The team just looks so much better when Davis is on the field 

Sanders played really well yesterday too.  Difficult choices. But a little more Davis on the filed makes sense.  Kumerow should not be dressing for any games moving forward.  Davis should get all his snaps.  

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Poor roster decisions still an issue with this regime

What, too few of them?

This is genuinely a horrible take.

A few? Absolutely. Far fewer than most teams? Yup.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Klein should play MLB in the base 4-3 and when he does they should kick Edmunds outside.  They should predominantly be in the 4-3 against Indy, the Pats, and maybe even New Orleans.  

Even for a bad take, this stands out as exceptionally clueless. They're playing better than any other D in the league right now, and Edmunds inside has a major role in that standing.

And so now we're playing incredible defense with 5 DBs so we ought to hurry and change? Yeah, makes total sense.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Sorry, I don't buy this.  

People here want to talk about serious issues, not made up stuff just to talk.   You suggest that AJ Klein is roster mistake, but you admit that he isn't better than the guys who are starting ahead of him.  Obada too.   And Davis too.  So, what are people supposed to say other than, in so many words, what you said makes no sense.  

How much difference is it going to make in the team's performance if Davis is on the field for five more plays, or Klein is, or Obada is?   Because if you admit that they aren't truly difference makers compared to the starters, how are these "poor roster decisions"?

Go ahead, explain why the Bills will be better if they put Davis on the field and sit Sanders or Beasley.   How many more passes will he catch compared to the guy going to the bench?  How many more yards will he get?   I get that it isn't fair to ask you to prove that, but at least you can explain why you think he'd be a real improvement, other than saying he looks like a good receiver.  

Yup.

The Bills have shown over and over again that they're best and most productive running with 11 personnel and that means three receivers. Davis is our fourth-best WR. When they run four WRs he goes in, but they're a lot more successful going with three.

Edited by Thurman#1

14 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not trying to spoil yesterdays thumping of another bottom feeder, but there are a few issues that I perceive as puzzling at best in terms of the active gameday roster:

1) Matt Breida/Zack Moss - why did it take half the season to realize this guy should be active and getting snaps? Zack Moss has proven to be useless and we keep wasting carries on him for the same 2 yard gain almost every time he touches the ball. Should be Singletary/Breida the rest of the season without question. If they insist on dressing Moss then keep Taiwan Jones inactive.

2) AJ Klein - no he should not permanetly replace Edmunds, but this guy is a true grisled veteran that is always around the football. He proved it last year when he replaced Milano for a significant stretch and again this year when on the field. I get he's not the best in coverage but he's a throwback type of player....gritty and physical which is what this team needs more of.

3) Gabriel Davis - this is the trickiest one because obviously we can't really reduce the top 3 WR's snap counts but seems like all he does is make big plays when he's on the field.

4) Obada - seemed like he was very disruptive yesterday and had the only official sack of the game. Again another tricky situation because of the numbers game but if we are going to insist on giving former Panthers players playing time it should be him over Vernon Butler.

5) Punter is horrible and will cost this team down the stretch just like the Steelers game. Should have already found a replacement by now.

A bottom feeder have you be watching Espn and Jets fans they are taking this like they lost the Super Bowl Rich Eisen, Rex Ryan, Jets Radio, Mike Greenberg especially him the way he acted it was like somebody pored Horse Manure in his car.  Watching Jets Radio yesterday on you tube you would think it was a SNL skit man they are not taking it like they are a bottom feeder.

16 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I honestly feel certain posters create threads just to post this reaction.  It’s the same need for attention grabbing that people sign up on Instagram and tick tock for.  

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not trying to spoil yesterdays thumping of another bottom feeder, but there are a few issues that I perceive as puzzling at best in terms of the active gameday roster:

1) Matt Breida/Zack Moss - why did it take half the season to realize this guy should be active and getting snaps? Zack Moss has proven to be useless and we keep wasting carries on him for the same 2 yard gain almost every time he touches the ball. Should be Singletary/Breida the rest of the season without question. If they insist on dressing Moss then keep Taiwan Jones inactive.

2) AJ Klein - no he should not permanetly replace Edmunds, but this guy is a true grisled veteran that is always around the football. He proved it last year when he replaced Milano for a significant stretch and again this year when on the field. I get he's not the best in coverage but he's a throwback type of player....gritty and physical which is what this team needs more of.

3) Gabriel Davis - this is the trickiest one because obviously we can't really reduce the top 3 WR's snap counts but seems like all he does is make big plays when he's on the field.

4) Obada - seemed like he was very disruptive yesterday and had the only official sack of the game. Again another tricky situation because of the numbers game but if we are going to insist on giving former Panthers players playing time it should be him over Vernon Butler.

5) Punter is horrible and will cost this team down the stretch just like the Steelers game. Should have already found a replacement by now.

I don’t necessarily disagree or agree with anything here… I’d just like to point out that it’s kind of telling we’re questioning game day in-actives and our punter?

How many teams in the league have the luxury of wondering which depth defensive end should be active or how much their #4 WR should be playing? Or how many more snaps their 3rd string linebacker should get alongside their starters?  

11 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah I remember me and you spoke and agreed about this after the Steelers blocked his punt in particular. Some disagreed about it, but from preseason up to Steelers game he for sure looked slow getting the kick away to me and imo it was really noticeable.

But after that up til now he hasn't looked as slow as he was early on, at least to me anyways. Seems like he's getting kicks away closer to normal now, about like any other Punter.

Anyway, far as I can tell he is not as slow. What do you think? Have you noticed a difference?

You know Belichick is going to try and block one in a few weeks. Wonder if the Pats ever got to one of Haack’s punts when he was with Miami.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.